Poll: What is your nationality?

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
United States. Born in New York, though I don't live in New York.

It's not great here. Not about to leave though, because It'd break my mother/family's heart. They're all US nationalists.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Vault101 said:
[img/]http://www.superpit.com.au/Portals/0/LiveContent/516/Images/LG_127.jpg[/img]
BEHOLED THE MIGHTY PIT!!!
Jesus fucking christ, I think I see Saruman the white lurking somewhere in there...

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
]Jesus fucking christ, I think I see Saruman the white lurking somewhere in there...
tis "the super pit" (really thats what its called) one of the biggest open cut mines ever

and I'm pretty sure all those little specs you can see are thease things:

[spoiler/][img/]http://prometheus.med.utah.edu/~bwjones/wp-content/uploads/iblog/Caterpillar%20mining%20truck.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
King of Asgaard said:
Allow me to introduce myself.
I am the only Maltese on the Escapist.
It's a shit country, never come here.
I am POSITIVE that I've seen another Maltese on here.

Here! Have some friends.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Orange+Monkey

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/MetalMonkey74

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Elburzito

OT: Canada. Heritage from the Nordic regions and Great Britan.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
TopazFusion said:
YAY!!

There's an option for New Zealand!

[sub]For some reason NZ is always left out in these threads, and we have to vote "other" or, heaven forbid, "Australia".[/sub]

Anyway, yes, New Zealand. Live here, was born here.
...why would you vote Australia? It'd be less blasphemous and hereticalto simply not vote if there is no other.

But also, *Waves hands around all womany* New Zealander here, too.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Goofguy said:
canadamus_prime said:
Goofguy said:
I'm from Canadia. No, I did not misspell that.

canadamus_prime said:
I'm from Canada, Alberta to be specific.
Are you from the *ahem* City of Champions?
There are at least 2 cities in this province that would probably claim that title, which one are you referring to? Although in either case the answer is still no.
I'm referring to Deadmonton. Lived there for 3 and a half years myself. I can think of several better places to live in Alberta alone.
I knew it had to be either Edmonton or "Deadmonton," as you call it, or Calgary. And yeah no, I don't live in either of those 2 cities.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Goofguy said:
canadamus_prime said:
Goofguy said:
I'm from Canadia. No, I did not misspell that.

canadamus_prime said:
I'm from Canada, Alberta to be specific.
Are you from the *ahem* City of Champions?
There are at least 2 cities in this province that would probably claim that title, which one are you referring to? Although in either case the answer is still no.
I'm referring to Deadmonton. Lived there for 3 and a half years myself. I can think of several better places to live in Alberta alone.
I knew it had to be either Edmonton or "Deadmonton," as you call it, or Calgary. And yeah no, I don't live in either of those 2 cities.

I find it really funny they keep calling themselves that after all these years.

OT: Canada here. Specifically Alberta.

alexwbyrd

Jul 12, 2012
TopazFusion said:
alexwbyrd said:
I did, nobody posted a poll or forum asking this so I took it upon myself to do so.
Actually this has been done several times before.

Two examples.
indeed true but judging from the turnout of replies, a "re-census" hasn't come quite too soon (or at least the people don't seem to mind).

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
alexwbyrd said:
DanielBrown said:
Why put up a poll for something like this?
Well, I'm from Sweden.

Also, welcome to the Escapist. Use the search function before creating new threads.

Capchta: Skynet is watching
I did, nobody posted a poll or forum asking this so I took it upon myself to do so.
Is that right?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/search/?q=where+are+you+from&cx=005672590579257297818%3Amkmrjhvsnwa&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&sa.x=0&sa.y=0
Woops! ;)

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Shoulda just done continents and told people to elaborate...
I'm from many nationalities, purely cuz we can trace back to like, forever ago.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
DioWallachia said:
AnarchistFish said:
ooooooooooooooooo my British identity is brewing again.
Meaning what exactly?
I'll kick a football about angrily for a bit and then get bored.

Is the general opinion of the British in Argentina similar to the British's opinion on Argentina?

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
alexwbyrd said:
Well folks I'm incredibly astounded by the sheer amount of responses that I received in this forum. A great deal of the complaints and concerns posted are legitimate. The escapist does not allow any more than EIGHT possible answers to any given poll posted.

It's a damn shame cause there is such a great multitude of different people from different countries who have responded to this poll and, quite frankly, ONLY 8 POSSIBLE ANSWERS DOESN'T DO THIS POLL ANY JUSTICE SO THAT'S WHAT I HAVE TO WORK WITH.

I made my decision on which seven countries would be in the first seven answers based on what I felt would be the most prolific countries represented on the forums...AND BOY WAS I WRONG WITH SOME OF THEM.

This has been a greatly educational experience for me and I sincerely thank all who have to taken the time to post. Thank you so much!

TL:DR Version: I only have 8 possible answers that I can post and I had not as good an idea of what countries would be the most represented on the forums (but hey that's why I made this poll: so I can find out just that).
Yeah but, Belgium and the Netherlands? Above Germany? They have tiny populations in comparison. It's just a bit odd... especially since they're not even English speaking.

Notice how the USA overtook the UK after they all woke up, haha. I forget that the US time zones are about 6 hours behind our one.

SmegInThePants

Feb 19, 2011
U.S., Seattle

but since all Americans trace from somewhere else (unless they are native american):

Grandparents from Czarist era Ukraine on one side. From way back in US on other side (and before that a mix of scottish/irish/british, dunno the percentages). We suspect some native american on this side, due to some interesting family photos, but no one has been curious enough to pony up for a blood test to find out.

but then again, ya never know w/family history. Maybe someone in the past had an affair and didn't tell her hubby, and you're really related to an entirely different family than you believe, maybe even unconnected from your family name. W/out a blood test, ya just don't know. Both cambridge and oxford (for a fee) can dna test your mother's mother's mother's line, or father's father's father's (or both) and compare your dna to past or current genetic world distributions for an undisputable scientific look at your ancestry. Have never done it myself though.

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
aba1 said:
I live in Ontario Canada about a hour outside Toronto in a place called Oshawa. We get a fairly ranged degree of weather I suppose very hot summers and very cold winters sometimes to cold to even snow.

Canada tends to host a lot of different cultures in it so people have this weird tendency to not really identify themselves as Canadian and more with there heritage here.

Ummm second biggest country in the world. We have a railway that goes across the entire nation. Our provinces are bigger than most countries so naturally not many people who live here ever even see the entire nation or even go to every province. We have a insanely diverse landscape from some of largest mountain ranges to flat as far as you can see.

In Quebec most people speak french so we have 2 national languages French and English which is taught in all school from a young age. We have a lot in common with the US except we tend to be more laid back with issues that are rather large there. We are a very peaceful country most of us are very proud to be so.

I dunno I am sure some others will add to this I suppose.
You think your summers are hot, try living in Australia, more specifically Queensland. Honestly the humidity combined with the heat cooks cows in the paddock. Jokes aside it is very very hot, though I guess the same could be said comparing winters. OT though, I am Australian and not to offend, but why was Belgium one of the first things to come to mind? Don't get me wrong, I love all the Low countries, but why Belgium? Also to be specific, I'm from Emerald, central Queensland, lots of cows and mines, but have spent most of my life in the city of Brisbane, go Space Broncos and all that.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Nouw said:
I was born in South Korean but I live in New Zealand. Not complaining though, I'm damn lucky to live here.
And even if you weren't lucky to live there, you could still comfort yourself in thinking that at least you weren't North Korean.

OT: Sweden, born and raised in the capital. 'Don't look very Swedish though, but according to some relatives that have done some research on our family tree all the way back to the 1600s, we're 100% Swedes.

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
Vault101 said:
Australia

Western Australa...the uninteresting part youve never heard of
Hey I might just be one of those people who live on the East coast of Australia, but you Western Australians get much respect, it isn't easy getting most of your money taken and then getting ignored for the most part. Plus the Kimberly is gorgeous and you can watch the sun set on the ocean, I envy you.