Poll: What is your nationality?

MyFooThurTS

Jul 28, 2010
Cosmosis said:
I like how all the listed countries are in the Anglosphere, although, I guess that's pretty reasonable given that this is an English-language forum.

Anyway...

Speaking of the Anglosphere, I'm Bahamian born and mostly raised.
>Belgium
>Netherlands

>Anglosphere

How's academic geography in The Bahamas?

Edit: I think this is the first time Belgium's been on a list without France.

The Tibballs

Jun 3, 2012
Reginald said:
F****n' 'Straya, c***s. Yeah, nah.

The Tibballs said:
Vault101 said:
Australia

Western Australa...the uninteresting part youve never heard of
You think that's bad, try being Tasmanian... :p
I've got Tasmanian blood from my convict roots, apparently.
My family have lived in Tasmania pretty much since it was colonised, as one of my ancestors and his family were sent here by the bishop at the request of the King, as they need skilled tradesmen.

Zip Loc

Jun 10, 2010
Pohaturon said:
{equips hipster glasses} You probably never heard of it...

Hungary, i'm doubtful that there are any others from my glorious, proud and prosperous* home on the Escapist.

*(actually small,insignificant and with a shitty economy)
You're not the only one here. Born in Budapest, but my family left in the late 90s, now living in Christchurch, NZ.

Cosmosis

Mar 12, 2012
MyFooThurTS said:
Cosmosis said:
I like how all the listed countries are in the Anglosphere, although, I guess that's pretty reasonable given that this is an English-language forum.

Anyway...

Speaking of the Anglosphere, I'm Bahamian born and mostly raised.
>Belgium
>Netherlands

>Anglosphere

How's academic geography in The Bahamas?

Edit: I think this is the first time Belgium's been on a list without France.
The poll was expanded after my post had been posted, which is why it was edited to add the strike through the no longer valid part. I had already been quoted so I thought it'd be rude to remove the retroactively ignorant comment.

:<

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
I hail from the Kingdom of Norway.

Specifically from a small town outside Bergen.
It's quite lovely here.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Estonian. There`s quite a few of us here on the Escapist.
And Estonia....well, it`s okay, I´d say. There are always worse places to live.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
United States. Minnesota.

I've lived in a small town of around 5,000 people, which is a lot considering our population was less than half of that 10 years ago. The winters are great with cold weather and lots of snow(usually), and the summers are hot and humid.

I've been to some big cities like Chicago, but I hated them all. I guess I'm a small town kind of guy.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Beliyal said:
I'm from Croatia, I live in Pula [http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/37/118037-004-2BFCBC6E.jpg], and study in Zadar [http://croatia.hr/Images/t900x600-210/croatia_dalmacija_zadar_0001.jpg]. It's nice. At least something to look forward to when corruption and politicians' horrible decisions rip you off.

Boba Frag said:
dangoball said:
No social life said:
South Africa - land of the corrupt politicians
Not so fast in hogging that title! We in the Czech Rep are quite fond of our knack for corruption and fund funneling as well! And stand mere 0.3 points higher on international corruption ranking than you guys. Take that EU!
More often than not I'm quite embarrassed to be Czech...
In any case, corrupt Irish politicians and Czech politicians should have a convention to exchange ideas on how to rip us all off even more efficiently! :p
Oh man, you both should ask our politicians for tips on corruption. Or maybe we should just take all of them out of our countries and lock them up somewhere, like in Antarctica. I bet they would try to sell their shit to penguins.

Also, I wonder if there's a special reason to include Belgium. I mean, Belgium is great, I visited it and I loved it there, but it being a small country it doesn't seem very likely that it needs a special option. I mean, there's certainly more people on the Escapist from Germany or France or, you know, China, Russia, India, than from Belgium. So far, there are only three votes; same number as for my country for example. Nothing against Belgium though; if anything, you deserve this spot for your chocolate and waffles. That would be my reasoning at least, I wonder what's the OP's reasoning. Oh dear, I made myself sad for the lack of chocolate now :(
Interesting, I just read about the Irish government's unemployment tackling initiative to start exporting vast amounts of fertiliser to Antarctica.... along with an ice cube factory...
:p

I think they all meet at fucking corrupt conferences, have panels, sign autographs and generally behave like a bunch of entitled, ignorant shit munchers.

Damnit, I want chocolate now as well...

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Karlaxx said:
BlumiereBleck said:
American by birth, Prussian, Austrian, Saxon(Contradictions everywhere.), Scottish and Dutch by hereditary. I hale from the wonderful state of Ohio, home of the world's highest library usage.
Highest library usage? Really? Well, that's something, at least...
Although now that I think about it, I'm more likely to see someone I know by going to the library in my city than to the mall.
I know, I was shocked too. But more people hang out at our local library than starbucks. It is weird when you think about it.