Poll: What Is Your Virtue?

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Heavenly virtues are like potato chips... I consume them when they come near me.
err... I mean it's hard to take just one.

Of Temperance, Charity, Fortitude and Justice I have plenty. I'll just say Fortitude, though, since that fits my life best.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
Hope is the closest that any of the virtues comes to describing me. The only thing that keeps me going is hope that tomorrow something awesome will happen to me. Hope that someday my luck will change. Hope is the only thing getting me out of bed in the morning and the only thing stopping me from jumping in front of a bus.

Next up is probably faith. Although I have little faith in humanity as a whole, and absolutely none in religion, I am extremely loyal to the people I care about. However, I've never had an opportunity to display this loyalty so it's not really evident.

Third, temperance. Despite being a virtue, I think I have too much sometimes because I tend to under- or overcompensate in order to be moderate. In addition, this leads to indecision when there're no shades of grey in a situation. It can also lead to problems in video games in which I get to choose my own stat/ability progression, where I tend to gravitate toward a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none type of character. This killed my experience in Dragon Age and other WRPGs.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
I'm a fairly optimistic individual and tend to try really hard to see the best in people and situations, so it would have to be hope for me.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Loyalty would be my best one because I have stood by my best friend for my whole high school life and we have had each others backs since, in fights, in girls, in the sad times and thehappy times and everything else, I am lucky enough to have a best friend like him.

I like to think that I have every one of those virtues and that they are all strong, but loyalty has been the strongest one.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
As far as the Wiki page says... I'm Humility. I'm toned down low, honest, and, quite frankly, I fear for when I have to over-exaggerate on college letters--it feels wrong.
But for your list, I chose hope. I fell into some dark times, and now I'm an optimist. Never to fall and I sure as hell ain't going to let others fall--there is always a positive, albeit it can sometimes been seen as slightly ignorance of the current situation.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Charity. I'm compelled to help just about anyone who needs it, to my detriment at times. Otherwise, I'm a hormone-addled pessimistic loner who would probably kick you in the balls and run away if you challenged me to an honorable duel, so I probably don't have much going for me in the other categories.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I dont see how prudence is really a good thing...

as for me I really dont know, I generally try to be decent and I REALLY dont like the Idea of alot of bad suff (hurting others, disprespect, slavery, that kind of thing)

silenttea

Jul 29, 2011
Although not really diligent, I have an immense amount of justice (too much) in which I cannot even think about cheating without horrible pangs of guilt. Even when I did not do my work my motto was to "take the punishment like a man rather than to cheat like a mouse." I find myself wanting to cheat sometimes, but I cannot bring myself to it!

CURSE MY NATURAL GOOD NATURE *splays dramatically on a couch*

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I will help anyone so charity, but I am also chaste so I don't no what to pick o_O

Ummm, Charity because that is (potentially) hard to do

Feb 13, 2008
Seems an interesting question to ask to a group of fans what their virtue would be, where it's their loyalty that defines them as fans.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
i have none of those.
the most i have is courage.
but i still have very little.
in fact, my virtues are in negative values.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Faith, Fortitude, Hope, and Justice.

It's difficult to pin down one in general, but these are the one's that come closest to home.