Poll: What kind of Class are you in Roleplaying games?

Tenkage

May 28, 2010
Me I love casting spells, MAgic Missle....against teh Darkness LOL.

Seriously, I work well as a spellcaster, attacking multiple opponents, aiding from the rear, I'm no good as a thief or warrior. But a Healer or Bowman could also work for me.

Chester41585

Mar 22, 2009
If there were a poll, I would have selected Fighter/Warrior, Ranger, or support caster.
Looks like the poll system is screwy again.

Tenkage

May 28, 2010
Chester41585 said:
If there were a poll, I would have selected Fighter/Warrior, Ranger, or support caster.
huh? I thought I put a poll up

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
In D&D I played a fighter, most of the time, because I just wanted to have fun and don't bother with all the kinds of spells I could or should have used.

In vampire the masquerade: Brujah or Malkavian, on this one I can't decide.

Mar 9, 2010
Tenkage said:
Chester41585 said:
huh? I thought I put a poll up
The polls seem to be on the fritz a bit.

I usually tend to go with a sneaky criminal class first time so I can get money by stealing.

Volstag9

Apr 28, 2008
what is with these weird disappearing polls these days?

Anyway, is pick spellsword.

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
I tend towards the healers, but I have played most of them for variety's sake.
I am currently playing a social vampire in Vampire the Masquerade. Absolutely no combat abilities besides dodge. It is interesting to say the least.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
I'm a fighter. I usually specialize in the longbow and longsword/scimitar. I will also play clerics, but not usually a mage or Rogue. I did play a 2e Bard once.

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
Depends. Morrowind, I usually go for Warrior/Spellcaster, as I find that the thief selection that I would normally choose makes the end game disgustingly easy. (that and that I've found a mod that makes the magic much better to use)

But in other games, thief class all the way.

Desaari

Feb 24, 2009
Nice poll.

The class I play really depends on the game though, and it can vary wildly even within the same sub-genre. In Action RPGs I tend to play melee classes, where in MMOs I tend to play healer or support classes. It really depends on the game mechanics.

Happy Sock Puppet

Aug 10, 2010
Depends. Is it a one-player RPG (Oblivion) or tabletop?

In games like Oblivion I try and stay flexible. Spellsword is my choice there.

In table top I usually wait until everyone else has picked their class and go with whatever the group needs. I'm flexible that way and can RP anything, but will NOT be an evil character. If I am the 'tank-ish' type person I go with Paladin, cuz I rock the 'Lawful Good' to the best of my abilities.

In MMO's I tank or heal.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
I usually play as a big, grunting brute, charging into battle with a blunt object (or bare fists, when it's an option) and swear words. There's usually something cathartic about running up and beating things to death the old fashioned way that arrows, bullets, and magic most likely won't provide. If the magic system (assuming there is one) isn't boring, a mage usually follows.

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
I try to go cleric, because that's what my last name means.

And I like helping people too.

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
I like bow/ranged classes.
I like nature based classes.
I like pets.

This makes rangers perfect for me, though druids are competition for my favourite.