Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
MurderousToaster said:
Serving UpSmiles said:
MurderousToaster said:
Serving UpSmiles said:
Empty Seven said:
Yeah... you Yanks keep that thing....

I'll stick with my firsts, seconds and thirds...
Yeah you Midlanders can keep your rats arse of a curriculum.

Standard Grade and Highers keep it real in Scotland.
Scotland has the most real of all the educational systems, and it does, indeed, keep it. Although all the SQA invigilators look so old they should be fossils or middle-aged and depressed.

Indeed, I have an Exam tommorow, so i shall be remembering this quote, I think they have been into education for so long they can't see any other form of work. Also i would find it depressing seeing children who have gotten greater opportunitis than themselves.
I also have an exam tomorrow - S.G English. There's a huuuuuuuuge break between the end of the writing and start of the close reading, though. I'm really not sure why.
I only ask which school you go to because i have the same Exam times.

munsterman

Nov 22, 2009
4.0 High School

2.51 currently, Mechanical Engineering Student at Georgia Tech (C's in theory classes, A's in project based classes). To off set my poor grades I have at least 2x as much engineering work experience as any other student I know. Also do a lot of prop design/engineering for a theater near my house.

Basically, I cannot seem to give the professor's what they want on tests but can build or design exactly what they need if the ask or give a project.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
The kind the embarrasses my fellow students and the teacher makes it full well known that I am better then them and they should achieve to even be worth while of licking my shadow's boot if they want to go anywhre in life

EDIT:

Seriously though, I got out of high school with a 3.4 and right now have something like a (EDIT2: grades jut finished) 3.15 in college. So not bad.

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
All of my teachers seem to agree that I have big potential and they're also frustrated that I don't give a crap.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
After a certain point I realised no matter how hard I worked at school I'll end up with a shitty job unless I started thinking outside the box. Hence I never really bothered all that much.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i am about 1.5-2.0 kinda guy
and where i live 0.5 is a flawless result, but the only thing you can realistically get is 1.0

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
Well, I usually try to keep up at least with the most difficult subjects during the semester, while saving some time for myself. Then I spend the exam season studying and doing little else. It seems to be working out pretty well so far.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I'll be brief. In my GCSE's I did badly, my only top grades were two C's in English and English literature. After that I pulled my socks up and got A's and B's for pretty much everything in my GNVQ, two college courses and my foundation degree.

I'm currently topping up that degree and although I'm doing badly in programming, I got 87% in my other module's first assignment, awaiting marks for all the others :/

Wrists

May 26, 2010
According to a college application site my grades at GCSE translated to an average of 4.17....take that poll.

KuwaSanjuro

Dec 22, 2010
Empty Seven said:
Spandexpanda said:
Empty Seven said:
Serving UpSmiles said:
Empty Seven said:

Yeah you Midlanders can keep your rats arse of a curriculum.

Standard Grade and Highers keep it real in Scotland.
You Highlanders, stick to your free education. But your going to have to have Aberdeen as well....
Nobody has it realer than the Irish.... Oh who am I kidding, I'd commit murder to be able to do A-Levels... :(
England wins.
(Stands and Salutes) Oh I knocked dip on my bed. Yeah I don't get this 4,3,2,1 lark.

Shivarage

Apr 9, 2010
Why aim to be a great student when you can aim to be a great professional? o_O

(I know you have to go through school anyway but your mind should be on becoming a great pro, not a great amateur)

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Jeez, why does this poll make me out to be stupid for having a 3.3 average and regularly making deans list.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Empty Seven said:

I had a discussion with an English girl last summer about that system of yours and I've concluded it's absolutely insane. I think even the American one is better.

Ledbetter

May 5, 2011
Hey man Ive always payed attention to my grades, and though you may think Im a nerd, but grades are important, until your out of college, then no one gives a dang

Tibs

Mar 23, 2011
I have been moving between 3.1-3.5 my entire freshmen year. Would be a solid 3.5 if I did not suck at foreign language and math. :/