Poll: What percentage of your games run through Steam?

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Simple question that crossed my mind when I realised every single one of my games goes through Steam, whether or not it's actually supposed to. Even FL Studio and Sony Vegas go through it.

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
The only games I have that dont go through steam are Starcraft 2, WoW and Sins of a solar empire. Other than that everything i think

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
None, zero and zilch.

Deus Ex HR tried but god bless the bypass cracked exe's.

I just don't like using 3rd party programs to run my games. I buy the physical copy so I don't have to download things like steam so i'll be damned if a game is going to force me to do it.

Hisshiss

Aug 10, 2010
I had to vote 1-33, but in truth I only have one game on my steam account, that being Terraria. I actually made a steam account just to buy that, and my computer lacks the stats for most other games, so it sits there unused.

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
Aside from minecraft none. And tbh probably will stay that way. I love steam. Being able to drop into my friends games and chat while playing is awesome imo. Also TF2.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
PoisonUnagi said:
I realised every single one of my games goes through Steam, whether or not it's actually supposed to.
All of mine do, too, whenever possible, with the rare exception of things that refuse to run when launched through Steam, but I don't have any of those installed at the moment. It's just too much of a pain in the ass to keep track of them all otherwise when you have a few hundred of them and most of them are already in Steam to begin with.

Shivhappy

Sep 6, 2011
If im playing it on pc, ive bought it through steam. Only games i have on disc came free with my video card.

Mar 30, 2010
The poll makes my selection look worse than it is. I have one game that uses Steam - Civ 5. And if I knew Civ 5 required Steam before I pre-ordered it, I might not have bought it. I find being forced to have Gabe camped on my PC to be a tad unsettling, and if I find out that a game must use Steam to run, then I buy a console port. Granted, Steam isn't as bad as Origin, but I still don't like it.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Depends. All my games run through Steam via the Steam client. Most are bought through Steam, a few are non-Steam games linked to Steam though.

I'm guessing that still counts.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
all of my PC games are on steam....I'm a console gamer.
23 steam games including demos and mods

Marmal4de

Apr 4, 2010
As far as PC games go I run the vast majority on steam. The few others are either old games that I bought years ago or games from GOG.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I only use Steam for games purchased through it...so that accounts for about 98 percent of what I own. Dragon Age 2 and Starcraft 2 being the exceptions

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Not sure of the percentage, but the vast majority of PC games I own go through it. Maybe 80-90%. Steam is telling me that's 63 games in total, but it's still a pretty small amount compared to all of the games I own though if we're not just talking PC.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Only 5 of my many games are on steam, and that was not by my choice. I personally don't like using things like steam, and a lot of the things it does (required patching for one) really just annoy me.

Casey Bowen

Jun 26, 2011
None. I do not have a Steam account. Perhaps if I were more into PC gaming, alas, I don't do very much of it anymore. For whatever reasons, PC gaming for me has dwindled greatly. So I haven't yet needed Steam.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Absolutely none but mainly because I'm one of those dirty, unclean, console players you may have heard about. It wasn't for lack of trying though. I downloaded steam and got TF2 but my PC couldn't run it when I was doing bot matches on the lowest settings.