Poll: What SWTOR character will you play as first?

umadbro

May 4, 2011
I am intrigued, after asking some of my close friends what their opinion is, what class have you decided to play first in Star Wars The Old Republic and what made that class appealing to you?

For me, I'm rolling a trooper first who will later spec to a vanguard, mostly because I prefer mid-long range combat in most MMO's and the trooper is just badass.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
My first character will be a Jedi Knight, by process of elimination.

In these types of games that offer a lot of classes to play as, I am very open-slate to everything. I generally wait for my friends to pick, and choose whatever they didn't pick in order to ensure some variety. Although I initially was leaning towards a Trooper or Smuggler, both of my 2 friends I'm going into the game with decided to pick them first.

So I'm going with a Jedi Knight, and I'm going to focus mainly on tanking.

Limecake

May 18, 2011
Sith Inquisitor, I've always played support classes in other MMO's and I don't expect this one to be any different.

Although I'm going to need to buy a new computer soon if I'm going to end up playing the game.

I just hope that healing is as crucial in this game as it is in others and it isn't just "Flavoring" to make the game seem more deep.

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
I've decided to play the Jedi Knight first... I am lame in that respect and see no reason to hide my jedi fanboism. I wants my jedi powers and green glowsitck. I will also be making a Red, Twellik, sith Inquisitor, as the slave story line, and alien prejest seem really intresting to me alot.

IF the sith's story is more intresting then the Jedi's I may well finish the sith out first. Or vice versa. But, I will more then likely finish ALL the Jedi/Sith content before i even consider the non Jedi stuff. Being a smuggler is intresting to me, a bounth hunter somewhat, and a soilder not really at all. But, it's bioware, and they tend to tell good stories, so i'll try them all eventually.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
If I get the game, I'll probably go with a Zabrak Trooper, probably Vanguard. Or a Sith Inquisitor, probably Rattataki and specializing as a Sith Sorcerer.

Sep 14, 2009
it's tempting to try them all, but i think i'm gonna roll sith first, but do it as light sided as i can, and then do a second one where i roll a light side character and go as badass/evil as possible(within means)

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Does anyone know where it says what resources the classes use e.g JK uses focus. Most people know but its not on any official websites or anything.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
I want to blow shit up, so I'm going with the Trooper. Assuming I can even run it on my computer of course...

SFMB

May 13, 2009
I'm going to go with Undead Paladin. That worked well in WoW, so why not in this one?

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
Sith Warrior. I like the melee dps type classes and I love the idea of dual wielding light sabers. :)

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Uh....trandoshan bounty hunter? Gotta show my love for Bossk. Plus, a lizard with a jetpack and flamethrower? Hilarious.

:D

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
Imperial Agent, most definitely. Coolest ship, heard it has a great story, and I like to be stealthy.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Likely an Inquisitor Assassin. Tank/stealth DPS combo suits me well and I wanna see the Empire side of things. Not sure on the race yet as I wanna see what's available at release.

Slightly less likely, but might go the Republic way too, in which case Miraluka Consular Shadow.

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
I'm gonna have to go smuggler. I want to choose someone that the least people play then master them. Works in league of legends, works in everything else. Also because i love my ranged dps and Its gonna be hard for me to go sith.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Imperial Agent

Everything about them looks cool. Looks to be a good start.

jobu59749

Aug 3, 2009
Zaul2010 said:
Does anyone know where it says what resources the classes use e.g JK uses focus. Most people know but its not on any official websites or anything.
Read up on the class forums on swtor.com and I promise you'll find more class information there.