Poll: What type of gamer are YOU?

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
Engineer, not only because your teammates in vehicles love you, but mainly because they are always the class with mines.

I love mines.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
I'm a total sniper. I just sneak around knifing people, taking their positions, and killing their teammates, then moving to a new spot. I love sniping in COD4, but I wish there were some bigger more open maps. Sniping is good in Battlefield Bad Company too, but the physics are horrible. If your target is 50 feet away and he's sprinting and you have a 50 cal anti tank sniper rifle, you have to shoot like 4 feet in front of him to hit him. I mean seriously. With a 50 cal, your bullet should hit him instantly if he's 50 feet away. I don't care if he's sprinting or not. If Battlefield Bad Company fixes that in a patch for the 360 version(or if they already did and I just don't know about it), I'll start playing it again.

Zeke109

Jul 10, 2008
meatloaf231 post=9.71073.719585 said:
Engineer, not only because your teammates in vehicles love you, but mainly because they are always the class with mines.

I love mines.
I bet a lot of people in Africa don't like mines.
T.T
(What a downer.)

John Stalvern

Aug 28, 2008
Assault is the most fun. Any game that has me storming trenches with artillery whistling down gets at least a 6/10

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
I will reiterate a picture I edited a while ago.
[img_inline caption="Needles and Blood and Saws ohmy!"]http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9040/mediccf7.png[/img_inline]

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Blayze post=9.71073.719232 said:
What sort of gamer am I? It depends. It depends on the genre, on the game, on my mood at the time. In FPS games, I'm generally the guy counter-attacking the initial assault. I'm the guy with the Dual Elites, the HE Grenade, the two Flashbangs and the P90 - in short, the guy who sprays lots of bullets at close range in an attempt to stall the enemy advance. I'm the Pyro who hides in a dark corner, spewing fire at the retreating backs of the first lot of enemies who run past me. I'm the Scout who double-jumps and dashes his way to the back of the enemy's marching column, firing shots from my Scattergun and dodging like a maniac to preserve my already-short lifespan.

In RTS games, I'm the guy with the artillery and the turrets. I'm the guy who turtles aggressively, the player you ignore because he's not a threat - until you realise he's covered half the map in buildings and capped most of the resource points. In C&C3, I'm the guy who plays NOD and concentrates on spamming base buildings to help his allies while they send out infantry and vehicles to do the job. In CoH, I'm the Axis player with the Defensive doctrine who wins his battles with machine gun nests, remote-controlled bombs, Defensive Artillery and the awesome "Can kill anything" cannon.

In RPG games, I'm the number-cruncher. I'm the guy who buys 99 of every item - and then refuses to use them unless it's essential. I'm the guy who sets Final Attack to Phoenix, then Phoenix to every other ability - especially the ones that take HP and MP from the opponent. I'm the guy who plans out stat gains in Planescape: Torment, resulting in the wisest and most intelligent Nameless One ever, capable of moving the planes to war by sheer virtue of his charisma and personality.

I'm the guy who plays a Red deck in Magic: The Gathering solely to shut down everyone's armies. I'm the guy who plays White because it lets me shut down almost all damage dealt if I get a good hand. I'm the guy who plays Elves because I'm a bastard who loves gaining life. I'm the guy who plays Blue because I want to own every card in play - and even those that aren't.

I'm the guy who doesn't see why people hate PuGs in WoW. I'm the guy who laughs at a wipe, despite having the most expensive repair bill of anybody in the instance.

I'm the guy. Do you wanna be me?
So...you're a support machine gunner?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Commander. I'm sat in a command post somewhere causing perfectly crafted ambushes and breaking the enemy morale.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
im a non fps gamer, but back when i did play fps games i was awesome at snipers, and just to show that im not trying to brag, i Sucked at everything else.

Obiter

Sep 11, 2008
What's interesting about this poll is that after about 160 votes I think it somewhat accurately corresponds to the predominant play preferences as seen in Team Fortress 2 [http://www.steampowered.com/status/tf2/tf2_stats.php]. If you reckon that an "assault" play style is common to both the Pyro and Soldier for example.