Poll: What type of gamer are YOU?

goodman528

Jul 30, 2008
Crowghast post=9.71073.724888 said:
Why so few commanders? It's the best class ever. No one appreciates the chain of command, logistics, grand startegy... mmm.
I'm fellow commander! *shakes hands* "How're you doing, son? Can I have a sit rep on Hill 831 please."

Haven't played a FPS on the net properly in a few years now, but I did like typing or giving orders to keep the team together back in the days of BF1942 and Medal of Honor: Allied Assult. It's just so much more fun to have co-ordinated assults with decent air support, covering fire, or some squad tactics. But now everyone's living in the real life and have no time for games, so I moved onto Company of Heroes.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
kanada514 post=9.71073.738387 said:
Shirahime post=9.71073.712646 said:
There should be a "I am a Gamer Girl" option. Because apparently we can multi-task. XD
Then, there should also be a "I am a Gamer Boy" option. Because apparently we can multi-task BETTER .
fixed ...

That said, I prefer anti-tank, because it's always hilarious when an entire platoon of gung-hos get whipped out by a single tank :)

TorqueZero

Aug 14, 2008
Medic - I play mostly support jobs really... handy for farming XP while usefully filling roles others aren't playing. Also, my reactions are shot to crap (argh the ravages of age etc.) so prefer to use my brain when placing the crosshairs over a mass of speeding pixels gets too taxing.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I said sniper, but only because of the 'sneaky sneaky' special ops right after it.
I like being in the thick of it, but in a 'Haha, I ran around the LONG way and shotgunned you in the back of the head when you though you were safe in your sniper nest and oh crap here comes a tank' kind of way.

sweet.

Bronzebow

Aug 21, 2008
I'm with TorqueZero on this one. I look at support and medic-like abilities almost as meta-gaming and love it to death.

(It has absolutely nothing to do with my completely lacking ability to make a bullet land, much less a head shot. Yeah.)

Now if I can find a person that's obviously my antithesis when it comes to skills, I'll hang around them and make sure they keep doing what they're doing. There's some satisfaction in knowing that you had a hand in turning a scrimmage around. Tank work and support are fun for the same reasons.

Cpt. Red

Jul 24, 2008
Im mostly a sniper or Special ops, but when I play as a special ops I do tend to get very close to an assault type but one that rush in deep all alone and then settles in one of their "important" buildings/positions...

Zeke109

Jul 10, 2008
I hate reloading, too. If you have BF1942, theres a mod that makes it so that in each clip, you have 9999 rounds, with four clips. Same reload time, also: Machine gun Bazookas and snipers and flying ships and jeeps.
www.fileshack.com
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/2306/TurboMOD+3.3

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Man I'm the special ops/ sniper role i can shoot a quarter off a post a mile away, but if i need to i'll pull out a assault rifle and pull off head shots with that. This really came in handy in Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
It's different from each game really.

Usually, I'm basic in assault.

Sometimes I really good with sniper.

And I recently found out that Shotguns are my best classes in Bad Company (demo atleast)

But usually I'm an assault guy.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
I lead my squads to VICTORY and GLORY as well as CHAIN KILLS.

I also make sure to BRING A CLERIC so the men DON'T DIE!

Zeke109

Jul 10, 2008
Ba-bang!
petewwww.....
ker-paw!!!!
BOOMMMMM!!!!
these are the things I pull out of my ass when I play.

klemmi

Sep 8, 2008
I usually go as sneaky sneaky guy, get behind enemy lines and kill the enemy team as silently as possible using mostly the knife (in Cod4) and the silenced pistol (in bf2)