Poll: What type of gamer are YOU?

Atvomat_Nikonov

Jul 2, 2008
I voted Squad Leader. This is because I don't fit the other roles. I enjoy sniping and Assault rifles rushes, but I cross roles to much. With an assault rifle, I'm more of a marksman than a spray and pray madman. With my friend, I usually tell them what to do whilst provided diversions or marksman support with an Assault rifle or semi-automatic sniper rifle. I'm also a rather good tactician, I know what to do and where to go it's just a matter of whether my team are up to it.

man-man

Jan 21, 2008
I'm normally the one who runs headlong into the enemy with all guns blazing, just to break a stalemate around a choke point or doorway or whatever. Sometimes it's an epic failure and I just die instantly, other times the rest of the team follows in behind me and it leads to glorious victory.

Heck, sometimes both of those happen - I die instantly, but the team piling in with me goes on to glorious victory. In times like that, I like to feel I made a difference, even though I got no points for it all because the scoreboard is only capable of recognising more direct contributions, such as killing people.

When I'm not doing that, I'll be working support - engineering, medic-ing, in TF2 spying. It's all good stuff really.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Depends on what roles need filling.

I voted Assault though. It's a lot of fun to throw caution to the wind and attack.

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
Squad leader, I do command everyone sometimes, but I look after my squad. Ask anyone who's been my 'squaddie' in 2142!

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
This is a perfect example of a thread I would like to see redone with some decent poll answers and a good opening statement.

because I'm not playing in this thread

p1ne

Nov 20, 2007
I like to either play direct assault infantry, or support those players as a medic of some kind. My game of choice right now is TF2 and I have the most time logged as Soldier and Medic which fits the profile pretty well.

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
I'm more of a support player, but less of an engineer than I am a tanker, I usually chew up enemies and take fire so that the others players can get shit done.

Zeke109

Jul 10, 2008
I'm glad this has gotten so many hits. sorry about not adding it in sooner, but there is now a 'medic' option. enjoy, peoples.

Audemas

Aug 12, 2008
I'm a medic because when I play with friends on like Team Fortress 2 or Gears of War, I'm always there to revive to heal my teammates. I would have said sniper but I'm guessing just about everyone will pick it.

Zeke109

Jul 10, 2008
I used to be a big medic, i still am, but I am a much bigger sniper. I bug the shit outta people.

j1-2themax

Jun 30, 2008
I have little patience, so I'm a "find somebody, shoot in their general direction until one of us dies" person.
Assault seems closest to this, so I picked that.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Im more of a sniper/assault person but more often a sniper. Nothing beats the satisfaction of landing a head shot 3 miles away where no one can see you and to hear the person you killed swear like a sailor! ^_^

peterwolfe

Aug 2, 2008
i prefer a good sniper rifle to a tank, thank you...of course, location location location; i wouldn't snipe in the middle of a street or try driving a tank through an alleyway.

Bane07

Sep 8, 2008
Well it depends on the map doesn't it? I like rushing, my favorite classes in TF2 are certainly the Scout Pyro and Soldier. In COd4 I would generally use an m4 with Red Dot, pretty average. p90 was not a favorite of mine, I used the mp5 if I had to go sneaky stealthy. So I suppose I am an adaptive Enemy, the worst kind I would think.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Then again... anti-tank is sweet... you get to pretend to be rambo when you keep on blowing stuff up on foot.

Missles are indeed the bestest.