Poll: What Will Your Skyrim Race Be?

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
Just sort of wondering what everyone's favorite go-to race is, and what they'll try first in Skyrim.

I combined Redguard, Imperials and Nords, as they're all humans (Bretons have magic, they stayed), so if you chose that, specify which in the comments.

Personally, Bosmer forever. You just can't say no to +15 marksman.
(If an enemy makes it to you alive, you're doing something wrong.)

EDIT: If you want, you can post your favorite class, too.
(Custom class, Marksman, Alchemy, Security, Sneak, and whatever else I feel like)

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Kahjit berserker. Good starting agility so I can dodge and sneak when I don't feel like banzai charging.

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
I've always played as human (whether I wanted to or not *choughmasseffect*) and I was planning on using one of the more exotic races, if only I knew how to decipher which one on the poll was which.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Dunmer. I'll wanna go battlemage to try out the new dual wielding combat system. If that doesn't pan out, I'm definitely going sword n board nord.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Always was a Breton in Oblivion, just because their stats rocked for my playstyle. So if it's still similar, I'm going with that again. They also looked pretty normal.

white_salad

Aug 24, 2008
Argonian. Why? Because I want to be a god damned half human half velociraptor. Is that too much to ask for?

Retal19

Dec 5, 2010
I'm going to do what I've always done on my first playthrough of an Elder Scrolls game.

I will close my eyes and pick random things, hoping I don't turn out as a complete retard.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
whoo humans (Imperials) FTW screw your fairy dust!
if a few 1000years we'll still be here mother-truckers

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Uhh.. it's Skyrim. Half of us (me, at least) are going to pick Nords just because, well, we're in Nordish territory.

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
Lot of love for the Bretons so far.

I played them a lot in Morrowind, when I was pure mage.
But stealth is better in Oblivion, so now I've been converted to Wood Elf.

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
I've always had a soft spot for the Argonians. Good assassins, and they can BREATHE UNDERWATER. Imagine stalking your mark through a forest, then slithering into a lake or pond and lying in wait until the target rears its stupid fat head. Then surprise!
Also, yes it's possible to make a water-breathing spell or enchantment but it's just not the same.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
What's a kahjit?

I'll play a Khajiit first, then probably a High Elf 'cos I don't play them enough.

And all you Breton fans, what do you do when you get hit by a mudcrab? You'd die in one hit! WEAK

spears ftw

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
I ran a Nord in Oblivion, and it actually makes sense this time around, so that's going to be my first preference for Skyrim. I've always had a soft spot for Argonians though, so that'll probably be second.