Poll: What Will Your Skyrim Race Be?

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
I pick Nords. Nords are epic. They're like big blonde Vikings...
Plus, the guards are amusingly racist.

I'll have your head, you filthy Nord!

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Dunmer. Forever and always Dunmer. All my main characters in the games have never been anything else. Seriously, I think of my male Custom Class Dunmer as a returning character in the games.

ReinofFire

Jun 30, 2009
Nord first, they are my favorite race in oblivion (with my favorite in morrowind being Khajiit, gotta love those cat people). Then maybe ill try something else thats not human.

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
I've always had a thing for an Argonian battlemage, but I have a feeling that Argonians won't quite be at home in Skyrim...

I'll have to have my Khajiit assassin emigrate to Skyrim. He's been with me since Morrowind.

And I'll probably end up making that battlemage into a Breton.

Lonely Swordsman

Jun 29, 2009
I wanna try something new and different for Skyrim. My Morrowind end Oblivion characters no matter what I intended with when I created them always seemed to end up as sneaky Rambo elves jumping out of the bushes and murdering everything with knife, bow and arrows.

I'm sort of tempted to play a purely defense based wizard (heavy armor, shield, summoning, restoration) who's just a walking impregnable fortress, but leave the actual damage dealing to a horde of minions.
As for race, Breton seems good enough.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Probably Nord, or if magic using interests me, Imperial, so I can be a BattleMage.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Primus1985 said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Redgaurds or high elves...screw Nords.

Here a Joke: How many Nords does it take to kill a dragon?

None, they're all too busy getting drunk on mead! LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOL
Thats rather insensitive dont you think?
No...That's one of my lighter jokes.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
hazabaza1 said:
Probably Nord, or if magic using interests me, Imperial, so I can be a BattleMage.
But Bretons are generally far better Battlemages.

Solid 40 strength, take the Warrior birthsign in Oblivion, or the Lady in Morrowind...

The 50% Resist Magicka and Dragon Skin (shield power) make them fantastic battlemages, despite the game never suggesting them as such.

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
hazabaza1 said:

Solid 40 strength, take the Warrior birthsign in Oblivion, or the Lady in Morrowind...

The 50% Resist Magicka and Dragon Skin (shield power) make them fantastic battlemages, despite the game never suggesting them as such.
Well, magic will probably just be used for backup, in case I get in a pinch. I tend to rely more on melee anyway, even when making any sort of Battlemage.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
hazabaza1 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
hazabaza1 said:

Well, magic will probably just be used for backup, in case I get in a pinch. I tend to rely more on melee anyway, even when making any sort of Battlemage.
50% resist magic and +10 to Restoration are still great, then.

Especially the +10 Restoration. I don't think that I've ever used a potion. EVER.

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
hazabaza1 said:
Snipperoo.
Well, for some reason I can't see the other post you did, so I'm quoting the same thing.
Anyway, I always seem to buy a bunch of buffs and then never use them, but I'll certainly check out Breton Battlemage in Oblivion some time. Thanks for the advice.

Chal

Aug 6, 2010
Always an Argonian to start. Poison immunity and water breathing are nice. Avoiding the uncanny valley effect by being a reptile dude is nicer.

Lawyer105

Apr 15, 2009
Also Imperial. Battlemage (or equivalent). Nothing quite like a plate-armored TANK shooting lightning! :D