Poll: What would you do if you found a Death Note

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
* Death Note Spoilers down below guys * If you haven't seen it don't read about it, watch it first.

It was one of those shows that really, I'm not sure the word for it, but it was really that word.

One of the really creepy things I found about that series was how similar the main character and I are. As I watched the show I found he kept doing everything I would have done, he thought of the same things I would have thought of, he made the same mistakes I would have most likely made, he looked at the world the same way I look at the world, and if I had a death note I am sure I would try to do the exact same thing as Yagami, hell I probably would even die like he did.

I would try to rid the world of evil, and make the world a safer place with the real fear of a god, fear of the horrible unknown. I would sacrifice my own soul. I would make my own laws and make them known.

I am certainly not a violent person by nature, I am kind of like Gandalf. When Frodo hands him the ring he refuses it. The reason he does this is because he would have the will to use the ring, as a wizard he feels confident in his powers to control the ring, and he would use the ring against his own better judgement for the power of good...but through him he would stir the weakness and darkness inside him.

Like Yagami Light, he used the deathnote with the intentions of good, no matter how "you" perceive him, in his mind he was the good guy. The world didn't see him like that however and why would they? So I think the two characters are similar, but one is weaker than the other, as Gandalf with all his age and wisdom saw his future with the ring before he even had to touch it, he knew he would go all deathnote on MiddleEarth. Yagami and I aren't as old and wise, we are much weaker and we would both give in to our desires and hatred.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
I'd be a terrible keeper for the book, no matter how good my intentions are initially (yeh il stash it so no1 else can misuse it) eventually in a moment of emotional weakness I'd use the book and write down the name of someone I perceive as evil or just fucking greedy (there are few things in this world that presses my buttons such as the extremely wealthy going to extraordinary measures to make themselves even wealthier, bonus points if they do this by having influence over political systems and the way countries are run), from then it would be a slippery slope as I end up writing more and more names and the reasons became more flimsy.

So burn the book, burn it before I change my mind!

The thing about not going to heaven or hell doesn't bother me though. I'd be VERY relieved that there is a heaven and hell at all and that even if im not going there, Id still live on in some way once my mortal coil is extinguished.

Slitzkin

Jul 3, 2011
The lure of power would be far too much for me to handle with any iota of rational thought. I'd probably start with restraint or some sort of code of honour but I can see myself easily being corrupted and addicted to the power of the Death Note. It'd be so easy to fall into a habit of just killing people off if they got in my way.

Corax_1990

May 21, 2010
Knowing that Death Notes exist would lead me to believe that others exist and are possibly in use.

Long story short, I'd attempt to track and kill all other Death Note users, gather them up, and burn them.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
If I have a death note what would I do with it?

Let's put it this way: It wouldn't have enough pages when I'm done with it, and you do NOT want me to know your name.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
There's nothing "houlier-than-thou" about it - as people already proclaimed - but i'd burn it. Sorry, i can just cringe my teeth at people writing they'd kill of guy X or "all terrorists" etc.

How do you judge them? Based on what's shown to you by the media? Do you go talk to each of them? Or just write down anyone you don't like? "Get rid of all the criminals", which ones? Petty theft gets you killed? Robbery?
There are so many "if's" and "but's" and whatnot. Not a single person in this world has the capacity to make this judgment - specially not across the globe without ever even meeting or talking to your targets.

Burn it. Burn it, burn it, burn it. I'm actually appalled by the number of people who just would resort to cold blooded murder. Sorry, but i consider that totally mental.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
I don't know. I could burn the thing but then again I could bury it somewhere and have a new apple addicted invisible companion. One of those. Might go for bury seeing as I could always burn it at a later date and hanging out with a Shinshigami could be fun, also I don't want it changing owners. And you never there could be some really extreme scenario that calls for the use of it.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
Somehow I suspect that if I ended up with one, there'd be a lot of creationists getting struck by lightning and anti-vaxers dying from influenza.

Other than that, I'll echo what others have said about bumping off corrupt politicians and corporate executives.

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
I'd use it for personal gain, and for personal revenge. People in real life are nowhere near as smart as L or Near so I would never be caught or blamed. I'd have the eyes too.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
I would certainly hold on to it, at least at first. You can always burn it at a later date, but you cannot bring it back once you've burned it.