Poll: What would you do with your dream super power?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Is it cheating or OP to typed I will have several powers or ALL powers? Granted I can only used one or a couple at a time and I can get to changed which powers I want to used at will.

I mean I want cold breath to cool down hot food, teleportation or stop time to beat commune to work and etc.

Either way I will just abuse my power for my own selfish need. Sorry but my moral is not the same rate as Steve Roger or Bruce Wayne.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Invulnerability to bullets, knives and explosions coupled with flight for convenience.

I'd go off to fight terrorist groups and genocidal dictatorships under a masked alias. Don't care about the recognition, just that they're stopped.

2HF

May 24, 2011
I'd be a bad bad man. Not full scale villainy or anything, but I'd certainly commit my fair share of crime. Even other people's fair share too. Imagine all the thievery one could get up to with a freeze time power. I'd be rich.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I'm already a villain, so super villain is just one more step up the ladder on the way to reforming the world in the Emperor's image.
Pre-Heresy, I must clarify.
Reality warping at it's finest, just make all the other dirty psykers disappear to some paradise world so they won't have a reason to try to leave and inevitably get in my way while I'm inspecting my coffee mugs or tending to my roses and lilies.

So, I guess that would kinda be somewhere between super villain and enriching my own life.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Earthbending, and I'd do what I could to make the world a better place. So, yeah, Super Hero

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Zeconte said:
Power of persuasion. Why bother killing all the bad/evil people in the world, when you can just convince them not to be anymore? Want something? Just tell whoever owns it to give it to you. Get in trouble with the law? Just tell them to let you go. You could literally do whatever the heck you wanted, and make everyone else do whatever the heck you wanted, all you have to do is tell them to obey your whims.
So you basically want to be Killgrave, because that's exactly how he operates. :)

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Flight, though I'd want wings to go with them.

I'd probably just enjoy flying around, using it for transport purposes. I'd probably help out if I was in a position to, but not actively go out looking for trouble.

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
Shape shifting seems like it could be fun. And I mean shape shifting to the point that I could turn into two or more separate entities.

With this power I would of course spend my time fulfilling all of my depraved sexual fantasies from the perspectives of all those involved simultaneously, and when I'm not having endless sex with myself in increasingly weird and disturbing ways, I could just become a cat and find a loving owner to mooch off of.

I don't really have any aspirations for either heroism or villainy.

God'sFist

May 8, 2012
With teleportation there is no moral grounds really like undeadsuitor said be able to go wherever you want with out having to worry about lodging or transportation it's the dream. But just to tack on something for conveniences sake I would also be able to understand and talk back in any language that I hear but do not retain that language when I leave.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Am I cheating to say magic? Of course I'm not.

That said, I'd probably live the same way I do now, just more conveniently in some regards. I don't really feel like uniting the world's militaries against me by being evil or uniting the corporations against me for being good (or just existing). I'm magical, not invulnerable or immortal. I may help some people on occasion, but I certainly wouldn't go all superhero because, again, corporations.

Jux

Hmm
Sep 2, 2012
Depends if the super powers come with real world physics limitations. Super speed? Can I accelerate and stop on a dime without concussing myself due to inertia? Or wearing out my shoes every day?

Personally I'd go with either time manipulation or matter manipulation on the subatomic level.

edit: I'd likely be chaotic good

Kyle Winston

Jul 22, 2013
I would want superpowers explicitly for mundane utility, so I would want hydrokinesis and/or geokinesis for cleaning. Manipulate various cleaning liquids to help me clean dirt and/or manipulate the filth itself by moving it to all to the garbage.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
My dream superpower would be to kill all babies instantly with my mind. I'd only use it for good.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
Shapeshifting, so I can experience what it's like to be anyone or anything I want. Plus I'd get the ability to shapeshift into a younger form of myself, sans any diseases, aging or wounds. Sudden unexpected death would still be a problem, but what's life without a (very little) bit of danger?

I'd not use it for evil, or good, really. Just for myself. As pointed out above, being a known shapeshifter comes with the problem of being an automatic suspect for any crime ever committed, so I'd make sure to stay low key and not use it to actually commit crimes.

Sep 13, 2009
I've thought about this before long and hard.

Invisible Telekinetic arms. Need to do the dishes, but want to keep reading? No longer a problem! Use your invisible arms to levitate the book so you can read during. I can program on the go, levitating my computer beside me as if it were on a desk. I could also scratch my back/massage myself on a whim.

No longer will my multitasking be limited by my number of appendages.

Uh... I'd use this for the greater good or something. Certainly not just personal gain.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Being a shapeshifter would be fun. I would assume people's identities, or take on the likenesses of people they've hurt (replete with injuries), and haunt them. Driving them to insanity (assuming nobody else knew of my powers) ...

Maybe mob bosses, known criminals, scumbag industrialists like those that run Adani ... people who deserve a good haunting.

I'm guessing that makes me Chaotic Neutral? As I would totally use these powers for personal gain. For starters. What's the point of being a shapeshifter if you can't take on the likeness of something monstrously horrific like a Slaaneshi daemon or something from the Cthulhu mythos? In short, I'd have fun with it ... I'm not going to pretend for an instant that my powers would only be used responsibly. More so, with such powers ... pretty sure I'd come to justify their unrestrained use on people I deem; "deserving" of a bit of cosmic horror in their lives.

Might even carve out a personal underground empire. What are the police going to do? Point their guns at anything that moves? Planet belongs to me and my acolytes now. Best thing is that nobody would know I would control said empire. I could inspire numerous cultist worshippers with visions of cosmic entities appearing before my chosen champions. All while I am chilling, pretending to be human. Who would suspect that I was masquerading as an all-powerful demoness commanding legions of faithful to bring the world under my control? Best thing is, I could appear as angels of mercy, or known public figures, and use the religious fervor against this 'Demon' and manipulate those of good intentions or religious fervour to attack what would otherwise be their allies. Who's wary of a shapeshifter if nobody knows they can shapeshift?

All those super heroes, or regular heroes, facing down hordes of scared, innocent people. Willing to sacrifice them in a manufactured crusade against those trying to stop me. Giving all those nicey-nicey would be heroes a flood of innocent people they need to hurt to survive, those who they would otherwise call their friends and allies. Deeeee~licious!

I could even market my powers as a form of divine (or infernal) possession if I manipulate people effectively enough.

Watching my hordes of faithful cultists conquer the world with stories of madness and terror that threatens to consume all if they do not submit. Help my chosen achieve positions of power, and thus helping their fellow cultists do the same. Their lives transformed by my 'beneficence'. All while I'm sipping tea and writing an essay in that functional studio apartment, pretending to be your everyday uni student in a world gone mad. In short ... glorious.

On second thought, pretty sure I'd be a supervillain. I am willing to admit this.