Poll: What would you do with your dream super power?

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
You wake up tomorrow. You go about your day.

Suddenly, a meteor hits you, some spirit appears and splooshes your face, you get bitten by a radioactive spider, you find the random Macguffin, whatever.

From that moment on until the day you die (possibly forever depending on your power, You have your dream power of choice.

What is your choice? And what do you do with it?

I would dream of being able to control time. Mostly slowing it down for everyone but myself. I suppose technically it functions as a type of Super Speed, except without as much of the ramifications of friction and such (though still with mild issues concerning technology not being able to be as functional while I'm effectively moving several times quicker). Maybe with some level of force allow other objects to move at the same time as me, though not as much of a bonus time over all for it.

Personally, I don't like the idea of the responsibility of the good, nor being evil. If I were honest, I'd just improve my own life.

On the mature side of things, I'd be able to get work, chores, and everything else done much much faster if I could have the amount of time to do it increased. I'd certainly look more productive (or on crack) if I were able to move at 5 times the speed of my co-workers. I could perfect this body by having more time to work out, clean, all of that. More time for recreation, too.

...on the immature side of things, I'd be able to win every single Video Game Tournament Ever (at least in Local). Near infinite time to watch and read my enemy's attacks and respond to them accordingly. I'd be the DDR Master if I could maintain my control, I'd effectively be the Matrix at shooters, and Fighting Games would be won with Perfects. Or, for those Smash Bros Savy, imagine going from 1000th in Evo to Grand Finals without losing a single stock and finishing every match with a Counter Attack from Corrin. XD

... and on the ecchi side of things, there has to be someway for the ability to speed up/slow down time to be used during sexy-times. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I can feel it's there.

I might super hero a bit on the side... or super villain a bit, quite frankly. But just having my own life be better comes first.

Feel free to suggest other poll options. I couldn't think of all 8 this time.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Super speed is just the most convenient superpower ever.

I wouldn't commit crimes, but I wouldn't be averse to a couple sketchy things. Like bypassing everyone in a line. Same for superheroing, I wouldn't go out of my way to help people, but if a situation presented itself, I would do what I could.

But mostly I would use it to eat as much as I want and make more money than I know what to do with.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well without a super villain life would get pretty dull as a super hero, and really you are just expected to keep status quo and do nothing else... boooring.
So I would most definitely be a villain, hollowed out volcano and everything.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I'd convince myself I was a superhero, but quickly turn out to be a supervillain with increasingly tenuous justifications.

The Ditz

Lord of the Never There
Dec 18, 2012
What is a hero anyway? I'd most likely use my powers to save people, but to also snap a few world leaders/politicians necks if I vehemently believe that their ideas are bad for humanity.

Oh, and if you are wandering what power I'd have, the ability to understand and change into anything I see/have seen/can imagine based on what I have seen (like skin of diamond, wings of a crow large enough to carry me, and arm of a tank cannon)

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Flawless shape/body changing (like Mystique). Then Id probably become a fashion model or something.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Saelune said:
Flawless shape/body changing (like Mystique). Then Id probably become a fashion model or something.
Serious downside if people knew about it, though.

"It wasn't the defendant, it was Saelune pretending to be them!" says every lawyer ever.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Thaluikhain said:
Saelune said:
Serious downside if people knew about it, though.

"It wasn't the defendant, it was Saelune pretending to be them!" says every lawyer ever.
Wont help them if I'm the Judge though. Or someone else.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
With the power of Hisoka's Pansy Gum (and his speed), I would try to stop evil and make a career out of it. However, if I found that too difficult or I just became too scared or whatever, then I would just use it to improve my life in little ways.

Dornedas

Oct 9, 2014
I would want the power of the ice dude in X-Men

And I would use for the great justice of cooling my coke, keeping my PC from overheating and keeping my room cold during summer.

I just don't know how I get the power. Maybe I because I eat a radioactive cornetto cone.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
If I'll be honest, I'd probably become a tyrant and establish my own totalitarian society ruled with an iron fist. In fact, I'd probably eliminate about 90% of the human population worldwide so that I can more easily focus on the remaining 10%.

You'd do well not give me super powers ...

lionsprey

Sep 20, 2010
i would like complete mastery over space and time. i would probably use it to kill people i thought didn't deserve to live such as Daesh members and hardcore criminals. although when i run out of those i suspect i would start killing people i considered harmfull to humanity such as climate change deniers etc and from then i assume its going to go downhill until a small child manages to kill me thus freeing the world from my reign.

Nemmerle

Mar 11, 2016
Save game slot for life. I'd be able to return, at will or automatically in the case of death or debilitating injury - with an option to load the save spot or die of course, to avoid the obvious "live too long and go insane" problem - to a specific point in my past, retaining all the knowledge and skills and with a provision for continuity of consciousness ( for those who believe in such a thing).

Would I be a hero or a tyrant? Yes :p with the exception of mental damage its essentially freedom from consequence as a power. Have fun, the world is your oyster.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Saelune said:
Shapeshifting, heck yeah! :D What would I do with it? Well, becoming a living legend of cosplay sounds like a hoot so let's go with that! That and try very hard not to let the fact I'd be all but impervious to the law get to me. Because you know, good luck arresting a shapeshifter. >.>

Jute88

Sep 17, 2015
My Power would be flying, because I've always dreamt of flying. I even remember a dream I had over 10 years ago where I was flapping my arms and slowly, little by little, gaining more speed until I finally managed to lift off. I can't even describe how amazing that felt.

Now, what would I do with this new ability of mine? I'd probably start very carefully, flying on very low altitudes, very slowly, just in case I suddenly lose my powers. Later I'd probably fly as high or as far as I could, testing my abilities, just have to remember to take a map with me.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Heroics and villainy are for stories.

I'd just use whatever it is to earn/steal a bunch of money and live a comfortable and happy life.

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
My power would be some kind of convoluted explanation as to why I'm able to shoot energy like a boss from some kind of bullet hell shooter. I wouldn't do anything with it, since heroics aren't really my thing and villainy certainly doesn't appeal to me.

Level 7 Dragon

Typo Kign
Mar 29, 2011
bliebblob said:
Saelune said:
Shapeshifting, heck yeah! :D What would I do with it? Well, becoming a living legend of cosplay sounds like a hoot so let's go with that! That and try very hard not to let the fact I'd be all but impervious to the law get to me. Because you know, good luck arresting a shapeshifter. >.>
I was thinking something along the lines of Alex from the Prototype games. Harvesting DNA for both peaceful and military uses. Hell, it might even be possible to reproduce via division. So, yeah, complete control over ones cells and genome. That might be quite useful for espionage or just vigilante justice.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Ideally I'd be able to use The World.

With it, I'd generally just improve my life.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
With great power, comes great responsibility.

Sure, I'd use some of it to improve my own life. But... i'd use what I could to help people when necessary. Or animals.

I'd be a Telepathic/Telekinetic guy, so i'd lift like cute animals out of the road when I see them and stuff.