Poll: What's best on toast?

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
just plain old butter. anything else is just excessive. like the first guys on the board, i came here to vote for it. it would have been surprising to find it missing.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I have more toast on my toast. And the two slices are cemented heart stopping quantities of bacon.

Chknboy

Sep 10, 2008
Eggs cooked over-easy on toast is one of the greatest breakfasts ever. It's sort've like a crappier version of THE greatest breakfast ever: Eggs Benedict.

Elvaril

Dec 31, 2010
For me it depends entirely on how toasted it is. If it is only lightly toasted, then just butter is delectable. If it toasted beyond that then jelly is necessary. I have yet to try honey though. I do not know why I have not tried that yet as honey is delicious.

deanospimoni

Dec 7, 2010
Rastelin said:

If I may suggest. I realize it is to hardcore for some^^
I think I can see some toast down there somewhere. Maybe.

Butter with cinnamon and sugar. Peanut butter and grape jelly. Country gravy with sausage. Scrambled eggs.
Also worth noting that quite frequently sandwiches are preferable with toasted bread.

BTW, American here, what does Vegemite approximately taste like?

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Just plain. I don't want any of that other Protestant muck.

(Butter, jam, and bacon goes with so many things. This is a joke from an Irish comedian btw).

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Of the options given, I prefer peanut butter, with sliced banana. Cheese would be my second choice.

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
Vegemite all the way.
Vegemite and Peanut Butter is actually a really nice combination (No butter if you do this combo though, it kinda ruins it), I know it sounds gross but it's awesome.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
Peanut Butter because i like it dad is the one for the black goo made out of industrial waste products or marmite for short
some times i like to change it up and have just butter or some times jam or honey i dont eat much jam though so it is often turned into sugar by the time i eat the jar

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
There's a special circle of hell reserved for the people who didn't answer 'bacon' in the poll...

ShinyCharizard said:
I reckon vegemite is the best. It's... kinda hard to describe because nothing really tastes like it.
"Salt and diesel fuel" is one of the funnier descriptions I've encountered, and that was from a fellow magnificent bastard (vegemite lover).

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Any of those will do nicely, except for honey or jam- not a fan of sweet things on my toast. It feels wrong somehow.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
deadman91 said:
ShinyCharizard said:
I reckon vegemite is the best. It's... kinda hard to describe because nothing really tastes like it.
"Salt and diesel fuel" is one of the funnier descriptions I've encountered, and that was from a fellow magnificent bastard (vegemite lover).
Hahaha somehow that is strangely accurate.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
Rose and Thorn said:
Nutella is pretty good. I also like Peanut butter and jam. Sometimes plain butter is nice, or sometimes I like melted cheese. I think variety is best personally.
Variety does tend to be the best. I often make four bits of toast each with a different topping.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
vegemite! But natto and tsukudani is also good.
I also like to put mayo and eggs on toast

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
The two absolute best combinations are:

1. Peanut Butter + Honey

2. Vegemite + Butter

Number 2 is pretty standard but seriously, try peanut butter and honey on your toast, its the best thing ever.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Butter, Always butters. Yes that's plain but is the only thing I ever want on it.