Poll: What's your blood type?

CeeBod

Sep 4, 2012
MrFalconfly said:
O Positive.

Which apparently means that mosquitoes think I'm 25% more delicious than everyone else (I hate mosquitoes).
I'm O+ as well and Mosquitos absolutely adore me, even more than most other O+ people! Had a company BBQ thing to celebrate something (who actually remembers what these corporate events are supposed to be about?) out in Saudi, and the next day I went into work looking like Hellboy with huge swollen bites all over my face, and much more uncomfortably itchy ones on the back of my hands. Nobody else got bitten at all!

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
CeeBod said:
MrFalconfly said:
O Positive.

Which apparently means that mosquitoes think I'm 25% more delicious than everyone else (I hate mosquitoes).
I'm O+ as well and Mosquitos absolutely adore me, even more than most other O+ people! Had a company BBQ thing to celebrate something (who actually remembers what these corporate events are supposed to be about?) out in Saudi, and the next day I went into work looking like Hellboy with huge swollen bites all over my face, and much more uncomfortably itchy ones on the back of my hands. Nobody else got bitten at all!
Well, blood-type markers aren't the only factor in mosquito attractiveness.

It's just one of the "big'uns".

But yeah, I know the feeling.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
I... have no idea... Never came up. Haven't donated blood (Man, i REALLY should), never needed it (no REALLY bad surgery or something). Seems like something i should know. Have to ask my mother *g* - i think it might be on my birth certificate or something.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
MrFalconfly said:
O Positive.

Is that what does it?
Mosquitoes absolutely love me, to the point where it's almost comical. I can be outdoors in the evening with two other people and the mosquitoes go after me to the extent of completely ignoring the other two. I've also heard that people who consume a lot of potassium and/ or sugar are delicious to mosquitoes but I don't know.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Eclipse Dragon said:
MrFalconfly said:
O Positive.

Is that what does it?
Mosquitoes absolutely love me, to the point where it's almost comical. I can be outdoors in the evening with two other people and the mosquitoes go after me to the extent of completely ignoring the other two. I've also heard that people who consume a lot of potassium and/ or sugar are delicious to mosquitoes but I don't know.
Mosquitoes apparently prefer the following: Young people, women, those with high-sugar diets, and apparently the O positive.
All of those are hearsay on my part though. (The hearsay seems to fit what I've observed.)
I'm B+, I give fairly often. The goodies for giving have gotten a lot worse over time. I used to get t-shirts and stress-balls, now I only get juice and cookies.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Souplex said:
Mosquitoes apparently prefer the following: Young people, women, those with high-sugar diets, and apparently the O positive.
All of those are hearsay on my part though. (The hearsay seems to fit what I've observed.)
I'm B+, I give fairly often. The goodies for giving have gotten a lot worse over time. I used to get t-shirts and stress-balls, now I only get juice and cookies.
I've read that they go by size first (Bigger and older, since they produce more CO2), then sugar diet (Another thing they can tell by your breathing), then by blood type (It seems blood type is expressed externally by some sort of skin secretion, and O type is easier for the mosquito to 'taste.' followed by B, then A).

GoodOmens

Apr 23, 2011
O+. They love my blood at Red Cross, and I've donated over 40 times. Right now I can't because of a trip to Africa, so I'll be deferred until next January. I tried to make up for it before the trip with a pheresis donation, but the silly machine wasn't working so my donation was spoiled.

My wife's in the same boat as WolfThomas, she spent a year in England during the BSE scare, so she's basically banned from donating until further notice.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Albino Boo said:
Don't tell him, he only wants to know who has the tastiest blood to drink.

Well shit, someone figured it out.

Don't worry, I'll leave you for last.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
O+. One pesky little protein marker (they are protein markers right? Am I mis-remembering my rudimentary biology education?) from being the universal donor. Drats. Welp, at least I can still help a good few people yeah? Might even be able to help with some of those 'special match' things they do for the more obscure blood types you find in some minority groups because of my mixed ancestry, but I haven't checked that bit in particular. Do you have to do a special request or fill a form for them to check that?

I'm also one of those lucky bastards who's naturally pretty damn big (just under 6 ft tall and weigh 200 lbs) so I can donate a unit of blood and suffer basically no ill effects whatsoever. I honestly wish they had variable waiting periods based on size, because I definitely don't need the full 2 months to recover from a donation. Especially at my age.

TAKE MY BLOOD GODDAMNIT! I DON'T NEED AS MUCH AS I'VE GOT! Feed it to a vampire or some shit, I don't care, just don't let it sit in me doing... well, not nothing, but it's not being all it can be ya know?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Hell if I know.

I want to know but I never get around to figuring it out.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Chimpzy said:
demoman_chaos said:
I am AB-, and looks like the only one on the poll who is.
AB- here, so you're not longer alone.
Add a third to the list.... it's me. Apparently we share a blood type with Peggy Hill sooooo that's cool. Also like ALL the bad guys in manga? I guess 'cuz of that whole "no one wants to work with loose canon AB types" or something.

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
O pos.

I donate twice a year. It used to be three, but I'm on the light and short side (I'm just north of minimum weight), and they were afraid it'd become too much for lil' vegetarian me. On the bright side, when I do donate, I'm usually the smallest person there and that causes everyone to be super nice to me. I get, like, all the cookies.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Another 0+ here.

Sadly I have low blood pressure, so whenever I try and donate I don't give enough in the allotted time. I also get super dizzy afterwards so they said if I keep getting dizzy they'd ban me for a few years for my own safety. :C