Poll: Whats your drink Escapists?

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
WKD. The blue one.
It's lovely.

Problem for me is, I drink so rarely that when I do drink, it goes straight to my head.
I'm not much for drinking though, unless its occasion.

OctoH

Feb 14, 2011
Beer. I like beer, but not shitty beer. I will not drink Natty Light. Or Keystone. I will spring for other things though, such as brandy or Irish Car Bombs. Love those.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
I am insulted. How dare you leave brandy off that list. This should be considered a crime! I shall inform the internet police at once!

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
I can go for most things, but stouts are my personal preference. If Guinness was cheaper it would be the only thing I drank.

Also, Double Chocolate Stout [http://www.wellsandyoungs.co.uk/home/our-beers/ales/young-s-double-chocolate-stout] is the greatest thing in all of existence.

Binks

Oct 29, 2011
Hmmm... does no one like gin?
Hendricks, Tanqueray, Bombay Sapphire - I'm a sucker for most gin types.
With tonic or as a martini - simply divine.

I'd make an excellent middle-aged English housewife. Shame.
Wine's also great.

Darksteel Mike

Mar 23, 2011
A nifty little bugger of a drink a friend and I accidentally concocted last weekend is my drink of choice from now on.

Start with a base of two parts vodka of choice to one part Apple Sourz liquor.
Add in some Gammel Dansk bitters (just a hint, it tends to overpower things).
A little beer of your choice (No weak, watery american stuff,though).
About a quarter bottle each of any two Xide ciders. (I chose Pomegranate/Rhubarb and Mandarine/Chili)
Top it all off with a splash of white wine. (There's a great swedish one that tastes like, I swear to god, apple pie crust.)

It's *alot* better than it sounds.

saoirse13

Mar 21, 2012
Hmmm It depends on my mood but usually drink Beer, like Coors and some Jagerbombs (Jagermeister & red bull) on a night out. I can't really drink wine. It goes to my head way too fast and I usually end up completely out of it when drinking wine. I avoid Tequila like the plague. Last time I drank it, I woke up sprawled in the hall, still fully clothed, with vague flashbacks of throwing up into either my handbag or jacket (luckly though after some investigation I found that i had imagined it. However i later was told that i had threw up everywhere in my yard)
I like a whiskey from time to time.

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
I love my cider, Proper Cider all the way, you can have your Strongbow and Magners, I'll have this:

I also brew my own cider too, makes going out for an evening so much cheaper.

Spot1990 said:
Black Russian, Guinness, Smithwicks or if I'm just looking to get wrecked:

Most of you won't know this but everyone from the UK and Ireland is probably remembering the worst hangover they've ever had right now.
Erg...just looking at the bottle. Still not the worst thing I've had...That goes to Frosty Jacks.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
If its vodka, I will down it in a heartbeat. Pretty much any kind. I don't have a specific brand (I don't drink enough).

I like whiskey a lot too. Jim Beam Red Stag Black Cherry is one of my favorites.

If I have to drink beer, its either Guinness or Boddingtons, they I don't like beer all that much.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
No pissy watery beers. I usually drink:
Arrogant Bastard Ale (Stone brew)
Guinness
Fat Tire
Newcastle
Hefeweizen
And if I have NO other options, Samuel Adams.

As for something harder:
Bush Mills Whiskey
Captain Morgan isn't too bad.
Grey Goose Vodka

For something sweeter:
Margaritas (on the rocks, not blended)

I also enjoy a nice Rum and Coke, or whiskey and coke. On holidays I have whiskey on the rocks with the Holiday Meal.

On winter nights, I prefer to warm up some Dr.Pepper, add a shot or two of spiced rum, and a lemon wedge. Works wonders when you are sick and laid up in bed.

Honestly, as long as it doesn't come in a plastic jug, I'll drink it and enjoy it. Hard alcohol in a plastic jug with a handle is an absolute NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jan 23, 2010
Smoke, smoke and tar!

Nice flavour, not too much liquor burn.

Brewed in October by a small brewery here in Sweden. It rocked my world and I immediately bought 8 bottles. I can't wait until October this year.

It's Jäger, nuff said.

Yum. There's just so much good stuff out there. Lagers, Ciders, rum and rum drinks, liqueurs and MOAR! I'd drink anything basically, just don't get near me with a bottle of red wine. I can't think of any alcoholic beverage that is worse than any one of the 12 different kinds of red wine I've tried. I'm always trying out something new, but here's a few favorites I would gladly return to.

DVS Storm

Jul 13, 2009
Whiskey/scotch/bourbon. Those kind of drinks are just so awesome. I also enjoy good beers, but since most on Finlands beers are complete reindeer piss I usually don't drink them.

Gotta try Guinness sometime. I'm kind of ashamed that I haven't

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:

Because I'm fucking classy, that's why, none of that wussy cider crap.
I tried desperado and it tasted utterly rank.

OT: I'm a spice of life kinda guy. I like lagers, ales, bitters, stouts, ciders, etc. I've not had much experience with rum besides the cocoanut kind, which is delicious. I had some clear rum a couple of years ago, which was eye watering. I'm sure I could learn to love it though, as I'm pretty good at necking spirits. I do enjoy whisky and vodka, too. (all taken straight, like a boss) though I might have gone off vodka, after being hospitalized by it (like some kind of classical conditioning reaction, makes me queasy to think about vodka at the moment) but I'm sure I'll get over it.

I'm really in the mood for some raspberry cider... I also want to try every drink on the Mana Bar specialty menu. One day, I will learn to mix them, and sit in the middle of the straightest bar in Texas, sipping on a Princess Peach. I will then proceed to work the bar room in a circuit and leave with a pocket full of girl's phone numbers, because I'm British and that's how we do! (insert sound byte of Halo marines: "OOH RAH!")

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Vodka is my favorite at the moment. I did have some nice rum and root beer lately though.

I do like beer but I have to be in the mood and it has to taste better than piss. Cider is really good but the last time I had some I had a wicked hangover. Too much sugar.

Whiskey is also good, scotch packs a punch but is expensive. Vodka is usually my fall back drink.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010

Other than that i like a bit of aquavit with my christmas dinner. Don't have a favourite brand for that though.