Poll: What's your game of the year?

NightlyNews

Mar 25, 2011
Smertnik said:
Alice:MR so far. That or Portal 2.
What did you like about Alice so much? The aesthetics were beautiful and the story interesting, but I felt like I was trudging through the fighting part of the gameplay.

If it weren't for my desire to see the ending it would've been easy to quit that game for me.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Skyrim or Deus Ex, I have pre-ordered both but I'm gonna go Skyrim for my premeture GotY because I cann't see how they can go wrong. They have the great template to work of and they added dragons, dragon slaying and the "screamy screamy dragon go cry attack".
The only thing that worrys me is that it's a sequel of Oblivion and Morrowind and will never live up to my expectations.
It's still gonna have over 100hours of playtime in the first week.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
NightlyNews said:
Smertnik said:
Alice:MR so far. That or Portal 2.
What did you like about Alice so much? The aesthetics were beautiful and the story interesting, but I felt like I was trudging through the fighting part of the gameplay.

If it weren't for my desire to see the ending it would've been easy to quit that game for me.
I actually enjoyed the fighting a lot. It was very fluent and the weapons were fun to use. The autotargeting wasn't perfect at times, but that's the only issue I had with it.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Frozen Synapse. I can't see any of those games knocking this little gem off the top of my list. I'm hoping for big things from Deus Ex: Human Resources though.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Dragon Age 2 due to fun factor. I realize InFamous 2 was a better game but I didn't get as much fun and as many playthrough's out of it.

Though I've not played it, I'm surprised Portal 2 didn't make the list, it seems to be the true game of the year contender thus far.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
akfg666 said:
Zhukov said:
Umm...

None of those have been released yet.

So far, for me, it's Portal 2. At a distant second is Bulletstorm.

Looking forward to Human Revolutions.
Try actually reading my post first where I state:
(Yes I am aware that none are out yet but I'm just asking what you THINK it will be)

Then comment :)
Yeah, I read your post.

Drawing conclusions regarding products that aren't available yet didn't make any more sense when you said it.

cridia

Aug 2, 2009
Zelda Skyward Sword! Why, even though it hasn't been released yet and I am probably not going to be able to play it this year anyway?

...because I am a raving Zelda fanboy, that's why :B The one time where logic can go take a hike for all I care.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
I'm guessing my personal GOTY will be Skyrim, unless Bethesda really screw up and it turns out to be crap. If that happens, my GOTY will be The Witcher 2.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
All the haters/elitists/whatever that are going on about "HURRDURRTHESE GAEMS AINT OUT YET SO JUDGING THEM IZ POINTLESS" are obviously not betting men.

It's the fun of being able to look back, after GOTY, and say, "HA! CALLED IT!" and feeling better about yourself for some reason. Guess you'll just all have to miss out on the fun, nay-sayers.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Not announced yet. But probably Gundam vs Gundam Extreme for PS3 or PSP/PSV, hopefully they actually release it for PS3 instead of always porting this arcade wonder to the handheld.

L3W15 M

Jul 28, 2011
Metal gear solid HD collection. Why? Because they are the greatest games of my childhood. and I've already played them. I'm not going to be disappointed so i chose that. Elder scrolls may be great but it wont hold the place in my heart MGS does.

wax88

Sep 10, 2009
Im thinking either Deux ex 3 or ace combat assault horizon. seriously im so pumped up for that game.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
weker said:
Asura's Wrath I will link one video and ask "DID YOU SEE THAT HOW COULD YOU NOT WANT IT!!!"
That is the 8th time I have watched it and I am no less hyped.
Hell watching the video makes me feel like im playing the game.
By god I hope I get to review this game!!!

"SHOW ME WHAT YOUR MADE OF!!!"
it looks silly...

gameplay doesnt look so great...
and, ive already watched all of Dragonball Z before... so these cutscenes really dont interest me.

if im gonna buy any game like this it would be el shaddai, and even then, i wouldnt pay much.

...anyway, OT.
Saint's Row 3 could be too similar to 2, and therefore get boring fast as ive already played 2 way beyond death...
and Skyrim could have Fable syndrome.
but of those choices you gave, its one of these two.