Poll: What's your primary gaming platform?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Gorfias said:
I've never tried the Halo games on PC. You? I can't imagine them playing as well on PC as the good ole Xbox but maybe I'm missing something.

Xbox should have lasted longer. A pity. Great system.

N64 was a revolution but didn't have the controller figured out yet the way the PS2 did (and hasn't changed much since them, regardless of XB1, PS4 or even the WiiU pad controller!)
Played and loved Halo: Combat Evolved on the PC. Tried the second game on the XBOX and managed to beat it, but the dark environments and crappy aiming put me off the prospect, and AFAIK they never ported the games over to the PC, sooooo fuckum!

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Barbas said:
Tried the second game on the XBOX and managed to beat it, but the dark environments and crappy aiming put me off the prospect, and AFAIK they never ported the games over to the PC, sooooo fuckum!
This is games for Windows. I don't think games for windows exists anymore so I don't know if this would work:

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-2-PC/dp/B000NV8F58

I thought the Xbox version very good but cannot recall if I played it on Xbox or the 360 (it was bc and polished). There is now an even prettier version for the XB1 now.

I have read many, many times that keyboard and mouse bury controllers for FPS accuracy. I even used them to good effect for Doom 2 around 1992. I've fallen out of it but should get back in, particularly for Battlefield 4. Been sitting on my PC for a long time!

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
PC, though I do have a PS3 because 1.) it's backwards compatible and 2.) The PlayStation had a decent number of exclusives over the last 2 decades that I wanted to play enough to buy one.

But so far the only game on the PS4 that I might want to play someday is Bloodborne(and I still haven't played Dark Souls yet, so that might change). All of the other consoles have exclusives I'm interested in that I can count on one hand. So I have no urge to buy another console in the foreseeable future.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008

Hehehe, but in all seriousness I predominately game on PC, as fickle as the platform is still love it to death. Still play my Xbox 360 from time to time but moving most of my last gen favourites over slowly. I'll put my gaming machine below in tags to save space.

Feb 7, 2016
PC mostly. I'm at it all the time anyway, so I might as well make it the most focal multi-media device.
Of course, to my left on the lower shelf is a PS4, WiiU, Ps Vita, 3DS, and...it appears to be a midi keyboard. Huh. Should probably use that a little more.

Anyway, my aforementioned consoles just collect dust. The WiiU specifically. Was convinced into buying the damn thing to play Mario Kart with a friend, but I was also interested in the upcoming Wind Waker HD and ZombiU at the time. The last thing I bought on it was Hyrule Warriors, which I played for maybe like 3 hours.

I got a PS4 to play with my friends who don't play games on PC, except there's hardly anything worthwhile that has come out that they want to play with me, and since my best friend has decided he has had enough of Call of Duty (understandably) I don't have anyone to play anything with.

So here I am, stuck, lonely on my PC, playing the occasional game with my younger brother. It's my fault I guess, I prefer shooters since I'm rather good at the twitch reflexes, while my friends tend to not play them and therefore are not as adapted to playing that way. No, they'd rather play...League of Legends *shudder*

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Nowadays if you own PC you can play almost everything apart from few first part exclusive. even every xbox game is on PC. i dont see any reason to get a console to me.

Jan 19, 2016
B-Cell said:
Nowadays if you own PC you can play almost everything apart from few first part exclusive. even every xbox game is on PC. i dont see any reason to get a console to me.
Naughty Dog is the only reason I can think of.

FileTrekker

n0e's slave
Feb 6, 2016
An amazing number of PC gamers over console gamers on here, I have to say!

I wasn't expecting that but, I suppose, this may have a lot to do with the demographic The Escapist has traditionally targeted, I wonder?

Anyway, good to know there's plenty of PC gamers out there to play with sometime perhaps!

BestAdcEUW

Jan 4, 2016
actually i'm playing a lot of mobas on both pc and mobile devices. my favorite and main gaming platform is rpg, I think it is one of the best platform nowadays tbh.. I'm following these list of rpg [http://ola.mobi/games/role-playing/] games, in my opinion since I haven't time to play as much as I want to, mobile games are the best choice!

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
PC all the way. I still have my consoles (nothing newer than a 360, although I do plan to get a wii u depending on what the nx is unveiled as). But all my consoles are in storage and I switched over to emulating them so I can still play my massive libraries. I almost bought a ps3 yesterday, but since there are only a handful of games for it that I'd want it still isn't worth it to me.

As long as I can still emulate my ps2 there's not much that I'd need a proper console for that isn't a nintendo game.

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
Grouchy Imp said:
I was an avid PC gamer back in the 90s, and still enjoy what has now (rather annoyingly) become known as 'retro gaming', but I've been a console gamer almost exclusively since the PS2/X360 era, and last year shelled out for an Xbox One which is now my primary gaming platform.

[sub]Sometimes other Escapists feed me scraps under the table, and once when it was raining I was allowed to sleep inside. ^-^[/sub]
You are not alone... Just an FYI.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
I game primarily on PS3 at home and on 3DS as a handheld. Definitely can't afford a new console (though if I could it would definitely be a PS4) and neither can I afford a gaming-quality PC. My laptop chugs along alright but realistically it can't run much in the way of bigger games so it's mostly relegated to playing older stuff. As for the handhelds, I'm a hufe fan of the 3DS, which gets played pretty much everyday on my commutes.

Living_Brain

When in doubt, overclock
Feb 8, 2012
@RadioActiveLobster how have you managed 6 posts in all these years?

OT: I game PC, mostly because of my CSGO addiction. Used to have a PS2 but that's old as hell now. One thing I noticed with PC is that I can't sit down and finish a single game at a time. I jump all over the place, from Tomb Raider to Rocket League to Bioshock Infinite, every now and then turn on some Cities: Skylines

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
I want to say PC because that's what I've been gaming on forever. However in the past couple of years I've bought and played most games on the WiiU. Even 3DS is probably beating my PC play time.

I really need a PC upgrade but it's getting harder to justify...

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
I'm also primarily a PC gamer. Everything I want to play is available on my PC, and more often than not these days I have the option for controller and keyboard and mouse. I do still own a 360 and One, but the 'simplicity' of consoles had long ago begun to feel like a restriction rather than a benefit.

For a long time i only turned my consoles on for the media streaming aspect. Then I upgraded my television to a smart TV, which can stream from netflix (and other services) and pull media from my PC. I hate to say it but I really don't have any use for my consoles these days.

I do game occasionally on my phone and tablet, but that is to play both seasons of the Walking Dead (which I also own on PC and consoles), so I'm not sure that counts.