Poll: When do you shower?

vun

Burrowed Lurker
Apr 10, 2008
I shower whenever I feel that I need a shower and it's convenient, although I'll often do it in the afternoon as that gives me plenty of time for a proper shave afterwards.
If I feel groggy I'll have one in the morning.

If we've just changed the bedstuff I'll try and have a quick shower before bed, because there's nothing quite like getting into a clean bed just after a shower.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
I usually shower in the evening. Right after taking dogs for the walkies.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Whenever I feel like taking a shower. Whether it be night or morning.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
If I'm going somewhere in the morning I take it the night before. If I'm not doing anything or going somewhere in the evening I take it in my morning, which is 11am.

Oct 2, 2012
I'm a nasty, smelly person that sweats all the time, even while sleeping in fairly cold temperatures so I do both. Once when I wake up (rarely the morning cuz of my work schedule) and once before I go to bed. If I get really rank and stank the sometimes I'll take a third in between.
Edit: However if I have nothing to do that day or am just going to work and then doing nothing I skip my showers.
But only for a couple days max because after that my skin starts to crawl.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
jackdeesface said:
Terramax said:
To me, it makes no sense to shower at night before bed, unless you're about to have sex,

Lolz, you shower before sex? Thats not very spontaneous.

"Margarie! Shall we be inter-coursing tonight?! For I shall first cleanse myself of bacteria!"
I live in Japan. The Japanese DO NOT have sex without a shower first. For many of them, sex without a shower is just disgusting to them.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I shower every other morning before I go to work, if I shower every day it tends to damage my hair, so I find every other day to be best for me.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I shower in the morning, if I don't then I just feel gross all day long. Also it wakes me up and ready for work, the only time I don't shower is if I am at a music festival or I'm not planning on leaving the flat that day. That doesn't happen very often though as I always have to do shopping or something.

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
My hair takes hours to dry so I have to shower at night so I can let it air dry and avoid damaging it with a blow dryer.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Weaver said:
Scarim Coral said:
When I did shower, I did it in the morning (I arely shower these days). It's such a refreshing feeling especially when you had just woken up.
Scarim, why did you stop showering?
It's because the flat/ apartment I was in during my time at University have no bath tub to take a bath in.

Before you asked why I don't shower these days is simply because I take bath now during the evenning. I get sweaty from work as I tend to jog back home and I ain't going to stay feeling sweaty during the night. Mind you I don't take bath everyday but I will take one when it's stock delivery day at work.

I only take shower if I am in a hurry or when I came back from the barber.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Twice during the night: before I go to the gym, and after the gym.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
I actually changed my habit of showering just recently. I've gone from every day in the morning to every other day in the evening. The reason is mostly to protect my skin. I'm mostly alright during the summer, but the Swedish winter really does horrible things to it. Last year I went through three months of flaking, burning and itching before it finally turned and got better. This year I'm thinking that if I can avoid even a fraction of that by showering less, I'll gladly pay the price of not being 100% fresh every morning.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
Weaver said:
Scarim Coral said:
When I did shower, I did it in the morning (I arely shower these days). It's such a refreshing feeling especially when you had just woken up.
Scarim, why did you stop showering?
It's because the flat/ apartment I was in during my time at University have no bath tub to take a bath in.

Before you asked why I don't shower these days is simply because I take bath now during the evenning. I get sweaty from work as I tend to jog back home and I ain't going to stay feeling sweaty during the night. Mind you I don't take bath everyday but I will take one when it's stock delivery day at work.

I only take shower if I am in a hurry or when I came back from the barber.
Ohhhhh okay, so you still bathe just not in the shower!
I get it :)

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Both is probably the best answer. Because I have done both. Off and on. Just depends on what mood I'm in.

Generally, it depends on my laziness or being tired. If I'm rather sleepy, I'll save a shower for the morning so I can just conk out. Or I'll wait for night time so I don't have to make time in the day to shower.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
RanD00M said:
Whenever the fucking fuck I fucking feel like it.
You forgot a fuck.
OT
I prefer to shower in the morning, because it helps to wake me up, at least enough to continue getting ready and get to where I am going. I usually only wash my hair every other day though, since I heard that it's not good to wash it daily. Well, when I say that, I mean using shampoo on it. I always scrub my head to some extent with my scrubber, but only with the aid of shampoo every other day.

I am a fairly laid back person though, so I guess I should say I shower when my day starts, which typically means when I go outside. Like today, for instance, I didn't shower until about 11:30 because I wanted some time to study for my Japanese class which I had to leave for a 1:50. But on weekends, when I have no class, if I am not meeting anyone, then I may shower extremely late, as late a 5-9pm sometimes without a morning shower. And if I am alone in the room, and my roommate probably won't be stopping in, if I am feeling particular lazy and have no inclination to leave my bed, then I may just skip a shower that day, but I don't really like to do that very much because it makes me feel gross.

And sometimes, if I feel like it, I might just shower at night right before I go to bed, like for if I want to get up and get started on something immediately upon waking up, or want to cram in as much sleep time as possible. So basically, I usually shower in the morning, but rarely, I may have a night shower, and if I am not seeing anyone or leaving my room, on very rare occasions, I might not shower that day at all.

Also, I always shower after a workout, because I don't like feeling salty whilst relaxing.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Morning on every workday. Weekends I only shower if I go out or expect visitors, which is usually much later in the day. Or I may take a bath to relax, which maybe also counts?

Fisher321

Sep 2, 2010
Preferably before I go to bed and after I wake up. I found that it really helped my acne problem and I no longer have acne because of it. Plus I like going to bed clean and starting the day fresh, showers just make me feel good. :D

Now don't get me started about showers during basic training...

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Both... Once in the morning, and once after the gym or before dinner! (I dress for dinner almost every night!)

I like to feel fresh to be presentable! :)