Poll: When do you think Duke Nukem forever will come out?

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
...Anyone else think Duke Nukem Forver SHOULDN"T be made? I mean... it was a wisecracking guy with guns fighting cliche aliens and lookin at boobies. Not exactly cutting edge material anymore.
Name an FPS out since...2006 with this "cutting edge" material or has improved it

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
I play other good games, I don't worry about some crap called Duke Nu..woah, who are you?
*gunshots*

He's silenced, friends!

Although, I really don't care, so it'll eventually get canned. Simply because I want so.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Cheesebob said:
TsunamiWombat said:
...Anyone else think Duke Nukem Forver SHOULDN"T be made? I mean... it was a wisecracking guy with guns fighting cliche aliens and lookin at boobies. Not exactly cutting edge material anymore.
Name an FPS out since...2006 with this "cutting edge" material or has improved it
Crysis. Call of Duty 4 and 5. Fallout 3. Atleast I think. They aren't about watching boobies and killing cliché aliens, so I guess they are, "cutting edge".

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
Duke Nuke'em Forever is more of a state of mind then a game really. It's never going to actually come out, it's the book of Revelation for gamers.

kapzer

Nov 26, 2008
Duke Nukem Forever will come out when:

Hell freezes over
Pigs fly
Magic Johnson gets a job teaching English

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
The more work they do, the less they get done, so when it gets cannned it will be finished - and surprisingly, it will be awesome.

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
Fraught said:
Cheesebob said:
TsunamiWombat said:
Crysis. Call of Duty 4 and 5. Fallout 3. Atleast I think. They aren't about watching boobies and killing cliché aliens, so I guess they are, "cutting edge".

You forgot 2 things which made Duke great: "wisecracking" and "lookin at boobies"

My arguement still stands!

Huzzzzah!

NolaSoundman

Nov 4, 2008
Lets all be honest with ourselves. Does anyone really CARE if this game is ever released? Seriously. Think about it. When was the last time you played Duke Nukem 3D and actually had fun? It must be about 12 years for me. I know you can download it on Xbox Live Aracde, and I did. I wanted to capture that nostalgic feeling again like when I played Mega Man 9 or Bionic Commando Rearmed. You know what? I was bored out of my skull. The AI is horrible by todays standards, the control is god-awful and Duke's little misogynistic quips wear thin VERY fast. Remember when you were 17/18 years old? Duke said: "Nobody steals our chicks, and lives." or "Damn, those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride." Yeah, they were funny then, but not now. Even back then they got old. Anyway, my point is, FPS design and technology has evolved and grown so much since the mid-'90's that if we were to be subject to this type of game again, no matter what they do to it, would it be any good at all? I really don't think so.

NolaSoundman

Nov 4, 2008
I also like what Yahtzee said: "If DNF ever comes out, it better have discovered a new planet or cured some form of cancer."

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
NolaSoundman said:
Lets all be honest with ourselves. Does anyone really CARE if this game is ever released? Seriously. Think about it. When was the last time you played Duke Nukem 3D and actually had fun?
Believe it or not, I'm actually playing the game right now (I've been playing old classics that I missed out on) and I feel it has aged quite well. The quips are only so-so, but the gameplay is still rock-solid IMO. To this day, Duke's arsenal is still loads of fun to use. If a FPS isn't about story, it's about the arsenal, and Duke's doesn't disappoint. That's what I loved about the 2001 trailer. It's one man taking on the world in a completely implausible situation and kicking ass against completely implausible odds. It reminds me of that movie "Shoot 'em up." I finished that movie and said, "If they ever made a Duke Nukem movie, this basically was it."

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
No, and at this point there is no point in waiting unless DNF is *the* best game ever made and makes untold millions of dollars in addition to donating half of the money made to charity or something.

Omega87

Dec 20, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
What I wanna know is, where are they getting the money to keep building it?
Well see, what happens is they call a team of beta testers in to run it through the mill, and find out that upgrading to the Super Mario World engine back in November '08 probably wasn't a good idea.

So as the disappointed test group slides out the door, they're tackled and bound by the 3D Realms CFO and Accounting staff. That way their organs, blood, bodily fluids, hair ect can be harvested and sold.

Incidentally Human Kidneys are the cornerstone of their development budget. *shifty eyes*

Psyco Slim

Apr 16, 2008
short answer. No. Long answer. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo