Poll: When do you think Final Fantasy will stop?

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Byere said:
Final Fantasy XXX... would that involve only female characters?
I hope so, and if they let Team Ninja in on the character design, I'll die a happy man.

suhlEap

Apr 14, 2009
i don't see why they would stop. they keep changing, the story's are always good and they have lasting appeal. so as far as i can see, they won't be stopping before FFXX.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
xmetatr0nx said:
You mean when they will keep their promise about it being "final"? Who knows hopefully soon or im going to sue them for flagrant false marketing.
The original game was supposed to be the developers final game, but it ended up saving their company. So, it was never really a promise.

They'll stop when one of their other games becomes successful enough to become a series. Besides, its not like each of the games are related beyond the summons and X + X-2.

Socken

Jan 29, 2009
Grayjack72 said:
RocketPocket said:
APPCRASH said:
Why should they?
Every series has to end.

They have had what 12, 13 of these games now?

IMO, they need to stop at say 15. Its a good number to wrap things up.
There are actually about 30 if you count Tactics and Online.
And Crystal Chronicles and Kingdom Hearts.

heyheysg

Jul 13, 2009
They'll stop when

1) Blizzard stops making Warcraft
2) Either Chuck Norris or Keith Richards dies and the world implodes on itself
3) We achieve complete mental sentience and therefore have no need for videogames

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
Final Fantasy died the moment Hironobu Sakaguchi stepped off from lead designer position and gave the reins to Tetsuya Nomura. What you witness now is why he failed as a fashion designer.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
Why does it matter? Final Fantasy games are pretty great, and there are very few direct sequels: Each has its own world, with its own technology and whatnot. The only things that are always the same are the generic weapons, the classes, and the names of spells.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
You mean when they will keep their promise about it being "final"? Who knows hopefully soon or im going to sue them for flagrant false marketing.
its a title I dont like how people take it so seriously the first one had meaning the rest are just titles ><

OT: I hope they never stop

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
almightywabbit said:
crazyhaircut94 said:
It'd be weird if they made the 30'th game, imagine the controversy. Final Fantasy XXX.
Maybe THEN Tifa Lockhart will finally flash her tits.
Dear God, I hope not. I'd lose all respect for the series.

Husky.Gnoll

Mar 10, 2009
They probably stop when the number of games match that of how many pages are in all Tolkien books.