Poll: When the new systems come out which will you buy?

Craftybonds

Raging Lurker
Feb 6, 2010
why isn't there a "none" option? Sony and microsoft lied to everyone about the 10 year product life. I'm pissed, and i'm showing it by not buying into their bullshit.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Most likely xbox. Since I bought a PS3 it's main purpose in life has been to sit next to the xbox and take abuse for not being an xbox in some perverse family rivalry kind of way. I'll be waiting for them to drop in price first before I seriously think about it though.

thedo12

Oct 22, 2008
The one that looks like it will have the best games, I'm not going to judge before even there day one releases are announced.

Sparky184

Dec 23, 2010
Probably Xbox but I'll have to see. To me it comes down to the Controller and GUI so (as well as games of course)

Phyrophobia

Aug 25, 2010
I seem to be a member of the proud, the few, the people who will buy a Wii U.

The vast majority of my gaming time is on the PC, but I'd want to get a Wii U (once the price drops mind you) just for the next Mario, Zelda, etc. What can I tell you? I love the classics.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Blargh McBlargh said:
Probably none of them.

Got a PS3 earlier last year and played it quite a bit for a while, but I've barely even touched it in the past 6+ months.
The same thing happened to me once I built my gaming PC. I bought AC: Revelations for it because I own all the AC games on PS3 already.

Outside of that, I've gotten little to no use out of the thing. Edit: Since I built the PC. Before that, I used my PS3 a ton.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
oc got most the games i want to play, but the wiiu will have the new super smash bros so i'm probably getting that. ^^ also that comes out sooner than the other, which we might have to wait a good while for.

AndyRock

Dec 22, 2009
none, i'm not going to bother with consoles next gen, apart from the ps vita, pc all the way

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Phyrophobia said:
I seem to be a member of the proud, the few, the people who will buy a Wii U.

The vast majority of my gaming time is on the PC, but I'd want to get a Wii U (once the price drops mind you) just for the next Mario, Zelda, etc. What can I tell you? I love the classics.
Yeah, me too. I'll get a WiiU because that's the one console I can be sure will get some exclusives I like. PS4 will probably strike by being even more expensive than PS3 and it will be outdated as quickly. I might get a Xbox if there's a Tales game coming out for it and it doesn't cost too much.
My PC is most likely better than any of the upcoming consoles anyway.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I'd probably get the PS4 (if that is what it will be called) when I feel like there is a.) enough (good) games for me to purchase or b.) it greatly surpasses all the functionality and capabilities of the PS3 (which I'm not sure it will in the next 2-3 years).

I won't choose Microsoft's next gaming offspring until I KNOW that it's life span will be longer than that of a non-stop Skyrim campaign and I'm sure that my brother will want the Wii U (because he's a bigger Nintendo fanboy than I am).

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
The next X Box has to be called the 720, cause it'd annoy a lot of people ;)

On topic, none. I would instead figure out what I need to spend upgrading my PC to play the new generation of games. But I think we've got a good couple of years left as it is.

odanhammer

Oct 11, 2009
I'll be going with the Next Sony Console.
My reason for saying so is that
Nintendo has been since the gamecube era , making the exact same games over and over. Animal Crossing was fun , then when i saw it on each system after the gamecube with pretty much zero difference meh , same with Mario , Link , Samus , etc. I would enjoy seeing Nintendo start just making the games and remove themselves from the console wars, i believe they would do better. I like the games sometimes.
The Xbox has a completely different reason for myself, having had a blast with friends playing halo , i purchased an xbox360 back when it first came out, enjoyed it , found the games to be very good. However after my system red ringed for the first time , it all went down hill. I had the second one which was from microsoft not work at all out of the box , the third one come with a free copy of crackdown with a sticker on the back of it which made it unplayble , that system lasted for about a month before it died. My fourth replacement sratched the discs, the fifth red ringed after 3 months of play. My final unit has a broken cd tray , sounds like a jet engine when i turn it on, i haven't turned it on in over a year now. Plus the added effect that most games that were XBOX ONLY , now are getting the Sony treatment , why buy an xbox when the games come out for the PS3 eventually, and yet the PS3 ONLY games do not come out for xbox.

So Sony wins this one for me.

Aug 25, 2009
I fell out with PlayStation and Sony a long time ago. Sorry Devil May Cry, Metal gear Solid 2 and Final Fantasy X, you didn't just ruin a console for me, you ruined a company for me.

I switched to XBox in 2001, just in time for Halo, and I have never looked back

I'll probably get a PS3 at some point though, I hear this Uncharted thing is boring but still quite fun for a few hours.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
At the moment I'm inclined to say the WiiU, because by the looks of it it can both run modern, regular games and those good ol' Nintendo games.
Sober Thal said:
XBOX and Playstation, not the WiiU. Unless the WiiU gets some sort of crazy great game and the controller isn't a handheld t.v.
Actually, going by the info they released, that's not going to be the main controller, more like an extra gadget.

Sep 14, 2009
didn't they say for windows 8 you'd be able to play xbox 360 games?

or did i hear wrong?

so yeah, probably a ps4 if i have the money, i tend to enjoy their games a tad bit more (plus jrpgs for the win!)

otherwise, for the most part wii u can fuck right off and unless xbox 720 has some insane exclusives then it can bugger off as well