Poll: When the new systems come out which will you buy?

Apr 24, 2008
Hopefully none of them.

I only own consoles because there are certain games that just don't end up on PC. With that said, probably Sony's offering. Not exactly brand loyalty, I just don't care about Halo and Gears. My 360 hasn't been on for about a year, I've tried to give it away twice...

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
WOPR said:
None of the above, I'll just buy a new graphics card for my computer
If you bought your graphics card in the last 3 years, it will be able to play the next console generation.

Uriain

Apr 8, 2010
I would normally say both, but since I could only pick one, I picked the PS4. I am finding more and more of my time is actually spent NOT on the Xbox, as I play BF3/SCII/Skyrim/TF2 on PC and Uncharted3/Killzone3/Batman Arkham City/Fifa12 on PS3.. only MW3 and LotR: War of the North make regular rotations on my xbox

Craftybonds

Raging Lurker
Feb 6, 2010
niktzv said:
Im gonna have to stick with the next microsoft console. Ive invested too much in my gamer profile to jump ship now.
I'm not trying to be offensive here, but that's a pretty pointless and semi illogical excuse to drop what will likely be 500 dollars. It's not like it's a steam profile that keeps every single game attached to your account, it just keeps score. Any games that are attached to your profile on XBL will still be playable on your 360.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
brainslurper said:
WOPR said:
None of the above, I'll just buy a new graphics card for my computer
If you bought your graphics card in the last 3 years, it will be able to play the next console generation.
Point taken, and I'm buying one in december

phYnc

Sep 23, 2009
I'm unsure because theres rumors of the next Xbox having Kinect more integrated and focused which is completely stupid but the PS3 this generation in my eyes did badly. Currently I'm almost entirely a PC gamer so next generation I'll probably just stick to PC and possibly get a PS4 which coming from a person who has always played Xbox (until recently) shows how the kinect is damaging their rep with real gamers.

Current gen the only advantage I see of consoles is xbox 360 has better multiplayer due to LIVE but as the player base..... well. But for everything else I'd rather play PC and of course the PS3 is basically just the Xbox but without xbox live. (PSN lol)

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
If (ok, when) a new Zelda launches on the WiiU, I'll no doubt pick it up. I'm a sucker for that series, and Skyward Sword has done nothing to deter this...

As for the other two consoles, probably the new xbox. I've got a 360, and if profiles, etc carry over, I'll be happy - expecially if the console in backwards compatable.

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
I'll probably hang back a bit and see which my friends are getting.
Last time, when the 360 and the PS3 came out, I was one of the first to get a PS3. Now, in it's Autumn years, the exclusive franchises that bought me to buy it in the first place (Ratchet and Clank, God of War, Devil May Cry) have either been closed (GoW), widened to other platforms (DMC/DmC), or just got shitty (I'm looking at you, All4One) AND the majority of my friend group play online on 360, something which I cannot join them in doing.
I'll probably keep my PS3 (it's one of the few that is STILL backwards compatible), but chances are, I'll end up with the next generation Microsoft machine, if it's cheaper.
Granted, I'll lose touch with the LBP series if it hit's a third game, but apart from that... I WANNA CHOP UP SHIT WITH A CHAINSAW GUN.

EDIT:
I completely forgot about the Kinect rumours around the new XBOX.
PS4 it is then.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
The only reason I ever bought my XBOX was I didn't have a computer good enough to play games, now I do. I won't buy a new console until there is a system selling exclusive I can't live without.

So far the Wii U looks like trash, at least until someone roots it's touch controller for PC use, and any speculation on the gimmicks included in PS4 or next gen XBOX would be far to speculative.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Where is the "neither" option? I'm disappointed! :(

Imma gonna stick to my 'ol trusty PC thank you very much.

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
Likely both the Xbox and the PS4. Though which one I get first depends on the state of the medium at the time. If Blu-Ray is still around and both use it, it is a toss up. If Microsoft is either still using DVDs or tries to come out with some new proprietary high capacity format, I'll probably get the PS4 first.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
I'll probably just remain happy with my PC, however if I do get a system it will likely be the PS4, because I really like Sony and how they set up their system and because Microsoft has clearly shown that they're into planned obsolescence (How many 360's have you owned?).

Funny thing is I don't think so many people would own 360's now if Sony had kept the price a bit lower at first, I know thats (well and Dead Rising) why I bought a 360 first, and I can't tell you how much I regret that.

Thatguyky

May 23, 2011
I'll probably be getting the next generation xbox first. I'm not anti Sony or Nintendo; I just enjoy the xbox exclusives a bit more than the PS3's exclusive ( however I do REALLY love uncharted, it's one of the main reasons I got a PS3 :D ).

Tourmeta

Apr 25, 2011
PS4 because Sony has good exclusives and it's easier to stick to one side. Regarding PSN and Vita.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Mmm Depends on the Exclusives

Now I have all the Sony stuff so there is a huge preference to Sony but hey .. if another one offers something nice I am willing to take a side route. Hell I even am willing to take a fresh look at the WiiU, .. if they fix a few issues.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
No loyalty here, I'll be waiting and testing out the systems at stores before I decide to buy either the PS4 or Wii U... and it's entirely possible that I'll decide on "none of the above" (it's also possible that I'll get both).
Two things are certain, though. I won't be buying any Microsoft products, and I will be building a new PC around that time.

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
Thanks to the biggies such as Sony and Microsoft, the majority of all gamers (that is the console players) have been stuck with the same outdated technology for almost a decade. I'm not planning to do the same mistake again so I probably won't by any of the next gen systems.

Blaze the Dragon

Jan 8, 2010
Well currently the only actual choice is the WiiU. I'd like to actually know about the other consoles before deciding whether or not I'm going to get them. In fact, I thought the point of the Move/Kinect was to extend the life of said consoles for another few years, so chances are the only new console to pick up will be the WiiU for quite a while, unless you count the Move and Kinect as the other new consoles.

That being said I'll probably be just picking up a WiiU, considering that it looks like Nintendo will finally have a console where they can release all their classics, and still get all the 3rd party support the PS360 have been getting all to themselves. i.e. finally catering to both "hardcore" and casual markets.