Poll: When was the last time you had a taco?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I had one two weeks ago. It was offered up at work for free either as a taco in a bag or as a conventional taco. I enjoyed both varieties. ^.^

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Last Friday was the last time I had a taco. Tacos are a surprisingly cheap meal to feed 3 people. As always, it was spicy beef, cheese, and had lettuce, tomato, and spicy sauce. God, I love tacos. It was my families love of tacos that lead us to learn that you can brown hamburg in a crockpot. I know, crazy, right?

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
About a month ago. I make them myself though. I would never eat a fast food taco, even if my life depended on it.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Less than an hour ago, but I must say I'm shocked by what you are talking about, shells?
Tacos don't have shells they have tortillas, either wheat tortillas or corn tortillas and hard tacos[footnote]Which really aren't the most common ones here in México[/footnote], have fried tortillas not some bizarre twilight zone shells.
And cheese?
While some tacos do have cheese it's just an optional ingredient and really most tacos don't have cheese, normally if it has cheese it's called a quesadilla, though at least in the North they just call normal tacos that have cheese quesatacos.
You poor things I pity your existence without any actual tacos.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
The last time I consumed a taco was about a month ago. If PsychicTaco could just hold still for once, my stomach acids would have rectified the situation by now.

Kaleion said:
You poor things I pity your existence without any actual tacos.
Oh, hey dude.
Rest assured, I actually eat my tacos with toritillas. Unless you go for the Taco Bell-esque crap, there really isn't any other way.
Can't speak for anyone else, though.

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
Popadoo said:
I live in the UK, and to my knowledge there are pretty much no restaurant or take-away chains here that serves them regularly. I've never had one.
Not even Chiquito serves them and they're a dedicated Mexican restaurant.

I've never had a taco, they just don't appeal to me. Quesadillas, enchiladas, burritos etc. I've had and enjoyed, but tacos are just not for me. At least, not the ones I see on American TV with those hard shells and refried beans ewk.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
ive never really liked tacos the taco shells we get always crumble and half the filling i put in falls out onto the plate i like the ones with the soft wrap better also not a big fan of refried beans whats up with those almost as bad as pseudorice aka Couscous

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Popadoo said:
Tanner The Monotone said:
Popadoo said:
I live in the UK, and to my knowledge there are pretty much no restaurant or take-away chains that serves them regularly. I've never had one.

You poor poor person.

Go out, buy a taco shell,ground beef, taco seasoning, and mexican styled cheese (or really any minced cheese) and make yourself one. Believe me, its worth the trouble.
I'm too busy drinking my tea and eating crumpets.
I'm going to America next year, I'll be sure to drop in at Taco Bell or something while I'm there.
I feel compelled to urge you with great urgency to NOT let your taco virginity be taken by that horrible slop called Taco Bell. If you come to the US look up a locally owned Mexican place in the town\city you're staying in. Your eating experience will be all the greater for it.

As for me I tend to eat tacos at least once a week. I have a couple of recipes that I make myself that are pretty damn tasty. One takes more time and is a bit fancier and the other is just a quick throwing together of basic ingredients. Tacos is what's gonna be for dinner Friday night in fact.

Aariana

Apr 10, 2010
I picked that I ate one a few minutes ago. I was eating some epic Mexican food just as I saw this thread. Now my stomach is full of so much yummy goodness XD Man, I'd kill for some more horchata, though...

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
I think on Saturday. Got some amazing lengua tacos for a good price at a place I ain't been to in YEARS. Sadly, my lame friend likes to ruin the amazing natural flavors of tongue with tons of salsa.

I tried to not watch him eat his, out of disappointment.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
aba1 said:
krazykidd said:
Never . I live in canada . I think there is ONE taco bell in montreal , and it's next to a mcdonalds . Guess were everyone goes . Sorry man .
I live in Ontario and there is like 3 tacobells and 2 or 3 other restaurants that have Mexican food in my city alone.
Oh i meant there was only one in montreal . Not in all of canada . Rereading my posts i see that wasn't clear , at all . I meant i live in canada , so i'm not sure how pominent ( i don't think that's thw right word but whatevs ) taco bell is over here :/ .

White Lightning

Feb 9, 2012
krazykidd said:
aba1 said:
krazykidd said:
Never . I live in canada . I think there is ONE taco bell in montreal , and it's next to a mcdonalds . Guess were everyone goes . Sorry man .
I live in Ontario and there is like 3 tacobells and 2 or 3 other restaurants that have Mexican food in my city alone.
Oh i meant there was only one in montreal . Not in all of canada . Rereading my posts i see that wasn't clear , at all . I meant i live in canada , so i'm not sure how pominent ( i don't think that's thw right word but whatevs ) taco bell is over here :/ .
Good God man whatever your point was it died in a Sea of typos, did you get attacked by a Chainsaw wielding Grizzly Bear halfway through your post or something?

Man I can't remeber the last time I've had Tacos, providing that the Taco kits count. If not then I've never had one.

Valis7

Oct 17, 2012
I just got back from a midnight taco bell run an hour ago...dead serious. I NEEDED a burrito.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Rose and Thorn said:
I used to love Taco Bell food. It was one of my favorite fast food joints, but since I have become a pescatarian I haven't had a Taco. Maybe I'll try out veggie taco's and see how that taste. mmmm Might give that a try!
You know, fish tacos are a legitimate/traditional thing and not just a euphemism, speaking of pescatarianism. You're going to have to go somewhere a little more authentic than Taco Bell or make them yourself, but they're good.

I haven't had anything taco-like in several years after finally sorting out which things I can't eat without getting sick (many things, unfortunately), because at some point you have to leave out or replace enough stuff that it's not really a taco anymore. At best, it's a poor imitation of a taco, and you might as well eat something good instead. So I do. Still like them even if I can't eat them though.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Last time I had a Taco was in America last Christmas....
At Taco Bell.

I forgot what I had but if I remember correctly it wasn't bad at all.
IN fact I like it...but I don't like to have Fast Food much so... :/

I wouldn't mind another though. ^_^

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
It's been a couple months, I guess. I had some unauthentic but delicious fish tacos, and I had some good carnitas ones a little before that. I've gone for tortas and tamales a few times though. Mexican is delicious.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I had a taco yesterday. I ate it at home, hooray take-out! Actually, I want one now... I wonder if we have any shells...