Poll: Where do you live? Now with better poll options!

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I've seen a number of topics based on statistics of the escapist community. but one that always has problems are ones about where people live. The reason being is their is only 8 poll options. So I think I've figured out 6 poll options and the rest in other that will fit 90% of the escapist users.

Sooooooo, where do you live?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
In Argentina, so "other". I think there's like four of us in the site, no point wasting a poll option on Argentina. Don't know about South America though.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
TizzytheTormentor said:
Other Europe? Wouldn't that be counted as other?

OT: I live in Ireland, weather is pretty cold, but I do love it here, but a holiday in Florida is excellent each year.
Europe that is not Scandinavia or United kingdom.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/escapistmagazine.com#

Way more precise than this thread can be. And I've quoted this before, but their description of this community gets it so so right that it needs to be posted again:

Based on internet averages, escapistmagazine.com is visited more frequently by males who are in the age range 18-24, have no children, received some college education and browse this site from school.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I live in Leeds, England, the United Kingdom. It's alright, but I prefer going to Nottingham as I went to University there and a lot of my friends live around there.

Rendahli

Sep 15, 2011
Wales, in Cardiff... it rains alot but their aren't as many dragons as in the valleys.

On an unrelated note Captcha wants me to start gambling: Bet on Cheltenham at Betfair.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Kiwi reporting in! For those not in the know, that's New Zealand :D

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
I fluctuate between Birmingham, England, and my home county of Shropshire in England.

One is a city full of grim accents, big shops, canals and seemingly precious little else. The latter is a luscious land of cows, farmers, hills, trees and greenness.

Guess which I prefer...

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Esotera said:

Way more precise than this thread can be. And I've quoted this before, but their description of this community gets it so so right that it needs to be posted again:

Based on internet averages, escapistmagazine.com is visited more frequently by males who are in the age range 18-24, have no children, received some college education and browse this site from school.
According to that site 1.1% of users are in México, which is about the same as Irelan, and I've seen a LOT of Irish people, yet I only ever met one person besides me that lived in México, I've met a lot of Mexican users that live on the US though.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Scotch Bastard (as Binnsy so kindly called me) reporting in! Specifically Dundee, Scotland.

I know that there are a few others Scottish users on the forums like TimeLord, for example.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Esotera said:

Ahhh, but what that site cannot say is how many of those visitors use the forums or are regulars. the kind of people who would be considered part of the escapist "community".

For example that site says the 46.4% of the escapists access comes from the US and 13.5% from the UK. But from polls like this in the past UK usually gets a little bit higher than the US. Which says to me that a much larger proportion of the site views from the UK are regulars than those of the US.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
The US of A, where the men bleed red and the beer is sub-par!

North Carolina, to be exact; we're the hipster South!

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
PsychicTaco115 said:

O',beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain;
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood,
From sea to shining sea.
[hr]
-clears throat- 'Mericu! New Mexico[footnote]Great New Mexico look, with that great old Mexico taste![/footnote], to be specific.
We're a blue state now! It's only a matter of time until Texas tries to consume us D:[br]
[small][sub].[/sub][/small]

Bob Thenecromancer

Nov 10, 2012
Lucem712 said:
PsychicTaco115 said:

O',beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain;
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood,
From sea to shining sea.
[hr]
-clears throat- 'Mericu! New Mexico[footnote]Great New Mexico look, with that great old Mexico taste![/footnote], to be specific.
We're a blue state now! It's only a matter of time until Texas tries to consume us D:[br]
[small][sub].[/sub][/small]
Idaho we have potatoes.........