Poll: Where do you live? Now with better poll options!

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
ClockworkPenguin said:
Griffolion said:
I'm from the UK, the north west (the bit nobody ever talks about). Currently walking around smugly, giving smug looks to every other British person I see (that's a lot of people) over the fact the Falklands decisively gave Argentina the finger with their referendum.
Manchester and Livepool get quite a bit of attention to our part of England. I feel sorry for Cumbria. No one ever talks about Cumbria.
Well Liverpool get's nothing but derision for their crime etc. Manchester is lovely, I'm 90 minutes drive north of there, I love going.

Yeah, Cumbria is a bit of a non entity, despite it having nice places. I kind of feel sorry for the university of Cumbria who tried to copy the University of Central Lancashire's naming standard (UCLan). I'll leave you to figure out what it was.

Karelwolfpup

Jul 5, 2012
United kingdom. Glasgow, Scotland to be more precise. Renfrew if you want to be even more precise, right next to the Braehead shopping center.

albear

May 18, 2009
Stafford, UK, is where i currently reside, biding my time until its time to strike

originally from the NorthWest(Walkden)

Talaris

Sep 6, 2010
London, England here. Nice to see we are second as the UK, earlier I saw Australia and New Zealand ahead, and we can't let the Aussies and Kiwis beat us!

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
It's about percentages that are part of the escapist community. There are WAY more people from Norway, Sweden, and Finland that are regulars here than Germany.
Colour-Scientist said:
People from Scandanavia are fairly well represented on these forums though. It's rare to see someone from France post here and I've only ever seen a handful of Germans.

Even in the poll now, they're beating "Other Europe".
I wonder if we can get that put on maps?
e033x said:
Considering my rough guesstimate that more norwegians have answered in this thread than french or german people, your point is kinda moot. Also, it's not the size, it's how you use it.

OT: Scandinavia, Norway, Oslo aswell.
Seems like I have just been proven extremely wrong. My pride in my nationality couldn't be bigger right now. Go Scandinavia, beat those odds!

Able Seacat

Jun 18, 2012
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Able Seacat said:
In Wales, in a valley... it rains a lot and there are dragons don't you know.
Doesn't the rain get old? I can't stand rainy days. They always feel gloomy. Spending my life in such a gloomy state most of the time would be torture! The more the sun shines, the better!

OT: I live in America. Going to move to Japan next year though.
Hell yeah it does but in the UK it's a cultural thing too moan about the weather whatever it's doing. So after a few days of sun a lot of people will be saying it's too hot lol.

Good luck with your move to Japan, I hope to visit there someday myself.

R4ptur3

Feb 21, 2010
UK. Norwich, England to be precise. It's a really, really flat place and has a fair few farmers, among...other things.

Daystar Clarion said:
I'm personal buddies with Robin Hood, he lives just down the road from me.
I will see your robin hood and raise you an Horatio Nelson.

axil56

Jul 9, 2012
Newcastle, England. It's cold, it's got a river and everyone butchers the english language

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
I'm from a once small fisherstown in Norway, and it's unnessecarily cold here. Ask me the same question the same time next year, and I'll be in Bergen, if all goes according to plan.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
I live in the massive metropolis that is Eidson, Tennessee, USA. It's such a huge place that it's not even on the map. Our biggest exports are rednecks & meth heads.

KingKickass

Oct 8, 2012
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
I live in the States, and more specifically in Arizona.

Fucking hot.
KingKickass said:
U.S.A, specifically Arizona - Where the weather is hot and the ASU girls are hotter
Hey, me too! :D

I'm assuming you live in the Valley, but where?
I live on basically the direct boundary of Phoenix and Glendale. If I'm in my house I'm in Phoenix, if I cross 51st I'm in Glendale. Don't know WHY I'm on the house next to one of the busiest damn streets in the state, but at least it's not Downtown Phoenix.

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
TrulyBritish here from, as no doubt the more astute of you lot have realised, the UK. Newcastle in fact which I mite better than my hometown of Hull. Which I believe was in fact voted (one of) the worst places to live in England, go figure. I'd say it's not as rough as people say but just yesterday a friend of mine got his hand and wrist broken in a fight while another got cut with a knife. So yeah...

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
KingKickass said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
I live in the States, and more specifically in Arizona.

Fucking hot.
KingKickass said:
U.S.A, specifically Arizona - Where the weather is hot and the ASU girls are hotter
Hey, me too! :D

I'm assuming you live in the Valley, but where?
I live on basically the direct boundary of Phoenix and Glendale. If I'm in my house I'm in Phoenix, if I cross 51st I'm in Glendale. Don't know WHY I'm on the house next to one of the busiest damn streets in the state, but at least it's not Downtown Phoenix.
Oh damn! D:

I think I kinda know where you are, that totally sucks.

Yeah, I try to avoid that area since I swear I almost get killed every time I have to go over there. I live near the Chandler Mall and that place is almost as scary as where you are.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
SirDeadly said:
Adelaide, Australia. It's rather boring here so after I work over in England for a bit I want to move to Perth over in the West.
I'm sorry to inform you but unless you like mines, pubs and more mines, WA is not the place you want to go to find somewhere more exciting.

OT: Brisbane, Australia. Besides the flash floods and tropical humidity it's a really nice place to live. Internet is dildos, though.