Poll: Where is humanity going with this?

TopHatTim

Nov 8, 2008
johnman said:
Lukeje said:
Solar flares will send EMP's that will take out everything dependent on electricity. We will then end up eating each other.
I just read about that. Its not an EMP as such, just a massive surge in energy. I dont see why we cant just earth and disconnect everything then wire it all back up once its past.
and its suppose to happen in 2012.... wtf is it about that year?

myan callender ends december 21st 2012

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
I would say it almost definitely won't happen, but if it does, and the global situation hasn't changed it will more then likely be WWIII/Biological Warfare/Nuclear Attacks.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
It is telling that most of us seem to be voting for a combination of cheese and TV.

We're stuck with humanity for years to come.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Nuke attacks, because that's how I think we will die out if we die out.
I'm still hoping humanity will one day make it to the stars and colonize the vast nothingness.

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
Thanks to some incredibly moronic farming techniques, the biggest problem we're going to need to worry about in the next 100 years isn't the climate or nuclear warfare - it's famine.

Chickenlittle

Sep 4, 2008
I expect some jackass terrorist or rogue organization will release a bio-weapon, that mutates and the cure o longer works right.

slevin8989

Apr 3, 2009
traceur_ said:
slevin8989 said:
Why not zombies?
the ninja revolution will thwart the zombies and lead to the destruction of all those unfaithful the way of the shadow.
No zombies as a mass attack have a much bigger chance of killing everyone that ninjas because of the fact that turning people to ninjas takes too much time rather than a zombie who just turns you with one bite

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
johnman said:
Lukeje said:
Solar flares will send EMP's that will take out everything dependent on electricity. We will then end up eating each other.
I just read about that. Its not an EMP as such, just a massive surge in energy. I dont see why we cant just earth and disconnect everything then wire it all back up once its past.
and its suppose to happen in 2012.... wtf is it about that year?
...because light takes only 8 mins to reach Earth. And they are incredibly difficult to predict accurately ahead of time. There was a New Scientist article about it a couple of months ago. I agree that the fact that the largest concentration of solar flares is predicted to be in 2012 is a little freaky though...

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Didn't we also say the world would end in 2000.
and on the 6/6/06?
and now 2012, forget it people the world is not going to end. However much you want it to, you are just going to have to put up with the same shitty world until your dead. Then you're so you can hardly care how shit the world is

BGinsanity

Oct 31, 2008
You should add another one, ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!
Yes I know there have been a billion threads on zombies but still. I guess since its not on the poll ill go with nukes, God knows someones gonna press the big red button and sent the metaphorical boot straight up humanity's ass.

Either that or a Decepticon like race of robots kills us all..... that would suck and be awesome all at the same time.

Fruitloops89

Feb 20, 2009
Of course, the cheese. It all makes sense now! I can't wait til 2013 so all these people, who like the Y2K people, will shut up for a while.

US Crash Fire

Apr 20, 2009
ruling out de ice capes melting, meteors becoming craished into us, de ozone layer leaving, and de sun exploding, we are definately going to blow ourselves up.

US Crash Fire

Apr 20, 2009
Griever18 said:
One word........PETA.

They are going to make us starve to death.
no we will be ok if we resort to canibalism. remember? PETA doesnt care about people! we'll have enough meat to go around.

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
Someone will combine two really addictive games and have everyone glued to their computer screens night and day.. Like putting Peggle into WoW.

Oh wait...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/91181-Peggle-Invades-World-of-Warcraft

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
I'm happy to see that I'm not alone in thinking that day time tv is a bigger threat than nuclear weapons.

Edit: And enough with 2012 already!