Poll: Which batman villain would you work for?

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
I voted The Joker because that is the villain I favor most. Mainly because I can relate to his desire for wanton destruction, chaos and anarchy to a sort of degree.
But, he's not someone you want to start out fresh with, as he's the pro of the pro. You've got to earn some experience about the line of profession first, so it's recommended to go with the, say, 'softer' criminal lords like Scarecrow that won't outright kill you, but maybe just bust a kneecap or spray you full of feargas in case of failure.

Mr.Numbers

Jan 15, 2011
Riddler requires intelligent work///

Also I'd convinve him to leave the riddles AFTER he committed the crime XD

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Mr Freeze, because I like ice cream, and who doesn't like coming up with the 4000th ice-related pun of the week?

gazumped

Dec 1, 2010
Not that I'd go anywhere near those bats**t crazies, but I answered Poison Ivy. Because I've worshiped her since I was 8. And because she's shmex. >_>

buddee1

Jan 11, 2009
Do you think that they trade henchmen? I mean, I figure that the villains work together do get more money or kill the batman, so their henchmen must work with other villains henchmen.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Every discerning henchman with common sense should work for Ra's. You get ninja training, and he is far less insane or careless with his employee's lives. Compare that to Two-Face (who kills everyone on a coin toss) or Joker (who'll kill you if its funny), and you'll see the job prospects are far greater with an ancient Tibetan war lord.

kwydjebo

Sep 1, 2010
Joker, Two Face and Ivy are all likely to kill a minion for no good reason (Particularly Joker).
Penguin is a Crime Boss, so I'd say he, Ra's and Freeze are all likely to punish/kill failure (as a motivator to others)
Scarecrow might test fear gas on minions.
So of this list (and exempting the popular write in vote of Catwoman) I'd have to go with Riddler, although one would assume there might be a an entrance exam for that one.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
deadman91 said:
Riddler always struck me as the least likely to murder his subordinates for no good reason, so I'd follow him. Don't ask why he strikes me as such, he just doesn't seem the type.
This is true. But I voted Joker, because him and me are both crazy :p
But being his lackey is probably the most dangerous, from what little I know about the mythos.

Michael Heide

Jul 15, 2011
I think that we'll have to look at the motivations of the respective villains.

Joker changes his motivations on a daily basis. He's absolutely unpredictable and the chance of him killing me for any reason or none at all is just too high. I love the character, but working for him is suicide. A really exciting form of suicide, but the result is the same.

Scarecrow experiments with fear. And sooner or later, I'll get exposed to his fear gas. And I don't want that. There have been people exposed to his gas that never recovered. What use is your life without sanity?

Two-Face has a built-in 50% chance of abandoning the mission while it's happening and dooming all of his henchmen including me.

Penguin wants to rule the underworld, and I'll probably end up as cannon fodder in his gang war against Black Mask and Scarface. Thanks, I'll pass.

Ra's Al Ghul wants to wipe out the majority of the human race to create a better world. Even if I end up as one of his chosen ones to live in one oasis of serenity amidst a post-nuclear wasteland, chances are that most of the people close to me will not survive his victory.

Poison Ivy is even worse. She wants to kill every human on the planet and hand it back to plants. Nothing is worth that.

Which leaves us with the Riddler, whose sole motivation is to prove that he is more intelligent than everyone around him, including Batman. If I had to work for one of the Gotham villains, it would be him, while hoping that he IS more intelligent than Batman and this is all one huge long-term con, ending with us stealing a few hundred million dollars while Batman solved the latest riddle correct and ended up exactly where Eddie wants him to be. Like on a wild goose chase in Morocco or something.

Yeah. Riddler it is.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Penguin. Doesn't have any idiosyncracies that would make his hideout unbearable and he's technically not insane and thus less likely to kill me for the fun of it.

I'd probably still die though, after he becomes enraged that his latest 'ornithologically-inspired entoilment*' went awry thanks to the accursed Bat, but much less painful and random than the rest.

Anyone who votes Joker is tired of life/mental health. Not that the rest are that much better.

*-Props to whoever gets that reference

Caffeine Rage

Mar 11, 2011
Joker:
After playing Arkham Asylum and seeing how willing he is to throw away goons or play god with their DNA, no thanks.

Riddler:
I see him as perhaps the most tame of the lot. The worst I can imagine happening is being used for some "clue". If I had to choose someone, I think it will be the Riddler. As long as I can remember the clue I have to give Batman after I'm beat up.

Scarecrow:
Fear gas? No thanks.

Two-Face:
Do I have to look at the eye without a lid? Pass.

Penguin:
While he is a snappy dresser. I can only think about the smell from all the birds he keeps around. His dry-cleaning bill must be outrageous. No wonder he turned to a life of crime.

Ra's Al Ghul:
I admit, I don't know much about this one. What I remember from the cartoons, he is brilliant, on level with Batman, but he has a tenuous grip on sanity; which is saying something due to the limited sanity of the rogues gallery. Besides, do I really want to work for someone who wants to kill everyone as their main goal?

Mr.Freeze:
I'm sorry, but I will forever have the scene from Batman and Robin infused into my head of Arnold Schwarzenegger making his minions sing the Snow Miser song, while standing in a giant freezer. No amount grief counseling erase that image.

Poison Ivy:
She always struck me as the type to use minions for fertilizer more than real help. She uses her plants for anything major she needs done. I don't think I want to be plant food.

Oct 30, 2010
Penguin or Ra's.

Basically, I'm trying to minimize the amount of time I would spend in close proximity to the psychopath. A villain with a real hierarchy makes that more likely.

Sahasrala88

Jul 4, 2011
I chose Ra's Al Ghul since I would get to have ninja training and he tends to not kill his own henchmen. From what the poll is showing, it looks like most people are choosing Al Ghul or Riddler for the simple reason that you have a longer life expectancy. Joker is notorious for either getting his henchmen killed or killing them himself for various reasons. Scarecrow thinks he's a God, Poison Ivy would probably kill me, and with Two-Face it's a 50/50 chance. Riddler would actually appeal to me as a man to follow. I could kind of get behind the idea of killing off people who aren't smart enough to solve the riddles or answer trivia correctly.... not that I would really do it. >.>

PickledMonkey

Mar 28, 2011
Gotta go with Mr. Freeze. He seems a lot less likely to kill me than all the other guys, he doesn't seem to suffer from the evil-genius arrogance syndrome, and as ICEing on the cake, he has my style of humor.