Poll: Which Combat Role Do You Play

Epifols

Aug 30, 2008
Pointman

In most games thats what I gravitate to, especially BF2, TF2, UT3, and DoD.

RedPandaMan

I bought this to skip ads.
Oct 23, 2008
Medic, someone needs to keep idiots who run into fire alive, if only to save reinforcement counts. Plus, it gets me a lot of points.

My favorite combo though, is front line grunt pushing the objective and healing others, it's so fun.

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
Run in.
Kill two people shooting eachother for a double kill.
Sticky guy charging at me.
Shoot at someone with their back turned and melee them.
Pick up shotgun.
Get 3 kills with shotgun.
Assassinate someone with shotgun.
Get a kill by accident from a random gernade toss.
Die after shooting a guy with a shotgun 4 times and meleeing him, who somehow didn't die, and right before my 10th kill that life, almost getting a frenzy.

I'm a grunt.

Baltist

Apr 15, 2009
the ghost that just loves to take the long way around to stab/shoot some people in the back.

TheLefty

May 21, 2008
As much as I feel like a pack rat following the flow with all those sniper wannabe's from my experience sneaking in and now of places (not the illegal kind of sneaking I play manhunt -not the video game, it's kind of like hide and seek except not for 5 year old's- every now and then) I might actually be a decent recon. Though the sniping, my hand isn't steady enough and I've never even used a gun.

EDIT: Now that I've read other posts this seems like this topic may have more for video games. In that case, yes even more to sniper/recon. I always play thief/other stealth class in RPGs and always use the sniper rifle in shooters.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Engineer, In most games engineers get rocket launchers, I'm the anti-vehicle master.

Nateman742

Jul 21, 2009
Knifer. You won't see me until you're on your back. That or you'll shoot me in the face from four feet away as I try in vain to get to your jugular.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
TeragRunner said:
As much as I feel like a pack rat following the flow with all those sniper wannabe's from my experience sneaking in and now of places (not the illegal kind of sneaking I play manhunt -not the video game, it's kind of like hide and seek except not for 5 year old's- every now and then) I might actually be a decent recon. Though the sniping, my hand isn't steady enough and I've never even used a gun.

EDIT: Now that I've read other posts this seems like this topic may have more for video games. In that case, yes even more to sniper/recon. I always play thief/other stealth class in RPGs and always use the sniper rifle in shooters.
You thought he was talking about real life when the topic is in the Gaming section?

shadow_hazuki

Aug 11, 2009
I would mostly go sniper/group support. But I can do most roles, I've got an above average skill in most areas. What I end up doing is being transport for my squad then hanging back providing sniper support and occassionally dropping supplies and doing pickups.