Poll: Which do you consider worse...

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
RRoD is a serious annoyance, and only financially damaging if your Xbox is no longer under warranty.

The hacking of PSN, and the loss of all that private data could result in identity thefts all over.

RRoD worse, at the moment, but I chose PSN hacking because of it's potential.

Mar451

Nov 25, 2009
Playstation Network goes down, they give you free games

360 Red Rings, you gotta pay to get it fixed.

Which is better I wonder.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
I'd have to go with the RRoD. The PSN going down was caused by a douchbag attacking Sony's system. The RRoD was caused by Microsoft releasing a console that kills itself.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
The PSN going down is comparable to every single Xbox in existence bricking at the same time so that.

Don't get me wrong the red ringing sucks.
But if your Xbox does red ring you email Microsoft and they send you a box and in a week problem solved.

The PSN goes down you sit there with your thumb in your ass until Sony tells you that your credit card information was sold on the black market.

so yeah that.

secretshadow90

Feb 10, 2009
While I own a 360 and don't own a PS3 therefore making RRoD more concerning for me, the PSN going down I consider worse because of all the identity theft that can now potentially happen. RRod = loss of $300; ID theft = loss of all the monies, all of them.

delanofilms

Apr 25, 2009
Lenin211 said:
When you RRoD, your credit card info doesn't get hacked. When I got RRoD for the first time, The warranty was still valid so it was easy to fix.
this.

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
RRoD all the way, I don't have money to replace my used 360, so I currently use my pc for all my gaming needs (which is barely playing at all, and just posting of video game related forums).

imagremlin

Nov 19, 2007
Having lived through both, I'd say that both attain similar levels of suckage.

RROD: Has happened three times and cmpletely stops you from playing (unless you have other platforms). The first time it happened, they gave me a 1 month free gold membership. The last time it happened it was out of warranty and had to pay.

PSN: You can still play single player, but forced me to change my credit card and password in a bunch of places. Getting some free games its not bad, even if the games aren't exactly smoking hot right now.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
There's also the Yellow Light of death for PS3s, and the day the firmware update crashed all PS3s. I'm pretty sure it goes beyond just this latest disaster.

May 5, 2010
Well, I hardly ever use my PS3 for online play, haven't in months. I have, however, played my Xbox in the past month. So I'm going with RROD. Plus, it's common sense. You can at least use your PS3 for SOMETHING with PSN down. The same can't be said for a bricked Xbox.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Just wait until Steam goes down for about 3 hours, then the PC gamers(such as myself) will freak the fuck out.

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
PSN going down? Well I don't use the PS3 sitting around as a bluray player, but I suppose if I did its fixable more easily.

Red ring of death? Unless you're a wiz who can fix a lot of the red ring problems, your screwed. Utterly. Plus your out however much you shelled out for said Xbox.

So, I'm going with red rings here.

Tucker154

Jul 20, 2009
Wasnt affected by either,so kind of indifferent. Never got the RRoD, and all I been doing on my PS3 was playing all the singleplayer games for it,mainly because I just got it not to long ago so I have some ketching up to do.

Bucht

Apr 22, 2010
The red ring for sure: I've mailed my Xbox to Microsoft about 5 times now (sometimes they fixed it and sometimes they gave me a new one) and it keeps breaking down.
While with the PSN down I could still play offline games and now I even get two free ones because of it.

Bob_F_It

It stands for several things
May 7, 2008
By logic, RRoD is worse because you can't even play single player.