Poll: Which do you prefer JRPGs or WRPGs?

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
Dragon Age, Chrono Trigger, Persona 3&4, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy(4 to 10, minus 8.) All great games, a mix of both JRPG and WRPG.

I minus 8 because the combat system sucked monkey balls. I would include 13 but it wasn't a GREAT game, only good.

So based on that you can tell that I love both of them.

Javarock

Feb 11, 2011
I Can't Understand Jrpgs,

But that genrally comes from my hate of anime... I would assume... Which stems from many things in my childhood. So... Eh...

I Love WRPGS, The Open world ones more so then others, Which is why when I got connected to The Elderscrolls I Fell in love, Same with Minecraft.

Captcha: Reseide Collected - What?, Are you telling me you collected something that sounds like an old hotel of sorts?

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I love both but prefer WRPG's because of their more open enviroments. Games like The Elder Scrolls have tons of content and theres so much to explore and find and that's what I really love about them. JRPG's tend to be more linear and focused on getting the story told, which isn't a bad thing if you're in the mood for a story driven game.

I would never limit myself to just one, both JRPG's and WRPG's have great games, WRPG's have The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Dragon Age. Where as JRPG's have gems like Tales of Vesperia, Final Fantasy and Blue Dragon. And people that do limit themselves to just one are just missing out in my opinion.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
I Like SMT, monster rancher, and Earthbound anything nintendo, but especially earthbound. those are all JRPGs, but I put other because those are the only RPGS I like. most RPGS fail to really bring any emotion other than the fun of exploration, Which is only some of them, And I prefer metroidvanias to, say, fallout anyway. and really the, uh, "vibe" is perhaps the most important part to a game, IMO, like a so bad its good movie that you like because it has nice atmosphere, and geez this got rambling.

Edit: although now that I think about, fallout IS pretty good if you want a apocalyptic game.

Guilherme Zoldan

Jun 20, 2011
I got to admit one thing though, JRPGs tend to be a lot more pretentious and stuck up their own asses. Specialy the Final Fantasy series which doesnt seem to be very aware that its supposed to be a game.