Poll: Which do you prefer? Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece?

Piction Froject

Nov 11, 2010
All three are my favorites, at the moment, but back in the day Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho were the best by far.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Bleach was fun during the "rescue Rukia" arc, but totally collapsed afterward.

I'm going to have go for Naruto. It's been absolute shit for good while now, but back in the early days, it had some pretty cool stuff going on.

I was never interested in One Piece at all.

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
Naruto or bleach, depending on where the series is.

When Bleach and Naruto actually get into doing what they should be doing, AKA telling the story, they can both be really epic.

But when they try to do a side story or filler they are butt numbingly awful

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
Naruto: I will never watch again (emotional reasons)

Bleach: Used to be cool (samurai ghostbusters like) but now it's generic

One Piece: Meh, it's ok.

s0m3th1ng

Aug 29, 2010
I wish someone would make a compilation of edited fight scenes for Naruto...because that's all I watch. I skip through everything else. The fight scenes ARE pretty epic, you have to admit.

theravensclaw

Oct 13, 2010
One Piece but the Japanese version, not that horrible american version that cuts out so much of the good stuff. Bleach started dragging and Naruto bores me and its fans annoy me at conventions

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Bleach is the best one in English.

But I have heard good things about Naruto in Japanese. They do not cut out scenes.

Lord Honk

Mar 24, 2009
Currently watching Bleach, but I got Naruto and One Piece in the pipeline. I enjoyed some episodes of One Piece some years ago, but I wanted to check them out in japanese; Naruto I never saw, and I want to see if it's really what people make it to be :D

Draithx

Jul 8, 2009
Tried to watch them all, but only continued to watch Naruto so I'll vote that. Not that Naruto is great either, but atleast it has some decent fights (Shikimaru ftw).

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Nice work making me decide between my favourites. I think Bleach is my favourite, even though it can vary greatly in quality. I haven't really watched or read a lot of One Piece, otherwise I think it would have won out.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
NEITHER

and VS threads are frowned upon here on the escapist

just saying.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
From itty bitty tiny bits I saw, mostly just pictures I can say that One Piece looks like it takes it self least seriously so it would get my vote but I havent seen single episode of any of them so Ill pass.

Crazie_Guy

Mar 8, 2009
Bleach started out quite strong but has been heading down steadily for a long time. I've actually stopped watching the anime because I couldn't stand it, though kept reading the manga.

Naruto has been up and down a bit, but mostly quite good. As far as the anime goes, it has the best fights by far, both in terms of animation/choreography and in thoughtful, intelligent maneuvering and interesting skills and the uses thereof.

One Piece, other than a few segments, has probably been the most consistently good. It blends humor into the show in a way the others don't, and achieves a level of lighthearted fun that makes it a simple joy to watch. Unfortunately, unlike Naruto who's filler tends to be of the 'non-canon story arc' variety which can be skipped or at least possesses a modicum of pacing, One Piece seems to be following the DBZ route of drawing out the main story as much as possible, which is making the current arc more than a little annoying/boring to watch.

In the end, I like (or have liked in the past and will like again when it catches up to the manga, in the case of bleach) all the shows. I voted One Piece, but Naruto is a close second. Suffice to say, though, that non of the big 3 will ever top my true anime favorites.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
theravensclaw said:
One Piece but the Japanese version, not that horrible american version that cuts out so much of the good stuff. Bleach started dragging and Naruto bores me and its fans annoy me at conventions
Haha I agree with the fan comment. Bleach is good, but yes, I understand what you mean.