Poll: Which do you prefer? Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece?

CliveMurdoc626

Apr 1, 2009
It used to be Bleach for me, but its gotten kinda crappy lately and that huge arc ended on kind of a cop out. It's kinda 55 Naruto 45 Bleach right now.

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Aby_Z said:
What does being lazy have to do with anything? If you make good shit, you make good shit.

Me said:
One Piece is probably the best of the three, but I don't pay attention to it.
There's my response to whatever you just said right in the post you're responding to.
With the "break" that Taguchi is doing for HunterxHunter (which is going on ~2 years now) he keeps up the same laziness. And IIRC, Taguchi working on Yu Yu Hakusho took a helluva long time because he took a LOOOOONG break in the middle of the story.

Like I was saying, One Piece is incredibly detailed, something you rail against by stating "the author pulls the story out of his ass"

I would actually say the same for Taguchi, who makes good manga but takes a helluva long time to finish his stories. In fact, he does it moreso than Oda.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
bleachigo10 said:
One Piece. Naruto has become so bad I can no longer read it and at this point it looks like the guy who writes Bleach is trying to keep it going as long as he can just so he doesn't have to come up with any new ideas. One Piece is the only one that has been consistently good.
I wouldn't say CONSISTENTLY, the Davy Back Fight sucked.

OT: One Piece for sure, I think I wrote a review somewhere...incoming wall of text in 3,2,1:

This anime lays it's best qualities in it's characters. It's kind of like filling a grey, boring room with clowns talking about whatever you like talking about most. In other words, while the story doesn't progress much and there is filler everywhere you look, the characters are colorful and interesting beyond any other anime I have ever watched. Almost every character has an odd, sometimes physics defying hair do that just screams originality and creativity. They will also have some kind of tic, or defining characteristic that makes them not only interesting, but lovable. That being said, they can also be very annoying so it's a coin flip on which characters you'll enjoy. But I always want to get to the next arc to see what Oda has created next.

The story is made so that they can strech the series as long as needed which means there is the main plot that never gets farther than "We are getting slightly closer but there are so many places we haven't goofed off on yet." So you kind of have to live arc by arc. The stories inside the arcs aren't very different either. Some bad guy is ruining an island and is entirely too powerful for anyone to fight back, then the Strawhat crew arrives and wether it be because the bad guy has something they need, they want to help, or just want to get the hell off the island, they stand by while Luffy uses his powers to completely destroy said bad guy. Then he gets magically healed up in a short amount of time and does it all again.

The sounds are slighly better than average, but enjoyable nonetheless. The animation works very well with this anime and I found myself enjoying it. It makes the characters look extremely odd but it just makes them better. Although it's sometimes frustrating because from the view point the sizes of people and things change a lot.

Overall this is one of the most creative animes I've ever seen and my favorite by far. There are so many characters that you will definatly have trouble putting a favorite list together.

Snow Fire

Fluffy Neko Kemono
Jan 19, 2009
I watch all three of these cartoons, and honestly, I can not even choose which is better between the three because I love them all.

Daggedawg

Dec 8, 2010
One Piece. Never seen either Bleach or Naruto, and I feel like one massively long anime is enough for me. Well, apart from Dragonball that is!

Besides, nothing can live up to Trigun anyway!

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
theyre all pretty mediocre imo. but ive seen more episodes of Naruto than the others. watched a bit of One Piece when it first came out in USA. Bleach i cant stand at all

so i guess Naruto

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
One piece has a lighter tone and better story. Bleach is too boring, and the anime has to many fillers(non-story adventures). Naruto is a bit slow and weird. I do follow them all though.

Btw, why is fullmetal alchemist not in there? That was an awesome manga/anime(both animes).

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
I suppose Naruto wins by default since it's the only one I've seen a few episodes of. From what I've heard of them Bleach would probably be a better fit if I had to choose.

The Great Googly said:

Spiky Haired Androgynous Hero says,"You cannot defeat me for i am hero!"

Pink Emo Marshmellow Catfrog Villain says,"haha fool i am power 9000 now get out of my way!

*Spiky Haired Androgynous Hero takes 999 damage out of 1000!*

Pink Emo Marshmellow Catfrog Villain says,"I could finish you off but you are weak and stupid and will always be weak and stupid so theres no danger leaving you here alive! Now off i go to do nothing for 5 episodes while you train fool!"

*Spiky Haired Androgynous Hero goes off to train for 5 episodes*

The two characters meet in battle!

Spiky Haired Androgynous Hero says, "I have returned fool! I am now power level Super Ninja 15000!"

Pink Emo Marshmellow Catfrog Villain says, "Let us do battle once and for all ahah ^_^!"

The two characters fight exchanging blows for at least another 5 episodes. Finally after it looks like our Hero is going to win and banish his enemy to planet Zartron where he will be imprisoned by galactic Monkeyeagles suddenly something unexpected happens!!!!

Pink Emo Marshmellow Catfrog Villain says," You have fought well . But not well enough! Now witness my true form! BEHOLD PURPLE EMO CATFROG FORM. Mwahahah now i am twice as powerful. Power level 18000!"

Spiky Haired Androgynous Hero says," ZOMG nooo i didnt see this coming! What a twist!"

*Our hero gets beat up and pummeled within an inch of his life, Spiky Haired Androgynous Hero takes 999 out of 1000 damage.*

Spiky Haired Androgynous Hero says," No....This cannot end like this...I must....*Feels an unknown power rise within him*.....I must...I must NOT LOSE!" *Power level increases threefold*

Spiky Haired Androgynous Hero says,"I will defeat your evil ways in the name of Friendship and love!"

***Purple Emo Marshmellow Catfrog is vaporized by Hero charging and firing his lazer!***

Spiky Haired Androgynous Hero says," finally the greatest and most powerful villain of all times is defeated and the universe is once again safe for all eternity! Err wait who is that guy over there is that his dad? Oh Shi.....
That's got to be the best summary of (the) DBZ I've seen! I remember watching some 20 episodes of it 10 years ago, and I believe pretty much that exact plotline happened 3 times with some henchmen and the big bad across those before I gave up on it. I think they were ultimately fighting something resembling the result of a white cat having had relations with Alien.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
HAS to be Naruto, though it's not been as good recently. the Chuunin Exam arc is still the best. Bleach is really good but didn't suck me in as much as Naruto did. One Piece...got to episode 7, got bored and gave up.

sicnasty77

Apr 14, 2009
I must say I enjoyed Naruto the most out of those three I did watch about 20 episodes of Bleach and it didnt excite me and I really never did watch One Piece. I mean just look at my avatar.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
To say that One Piece is just made up as it goes along is just wrong. Oda introduces characters and foreshadows events years before they play a part in the manga. It's crazily well planned and scripted compared to something like Lost or Heroes.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
<-----

There is your answer.

To avoid probation, I have typed up this reply that really has no significance whatsoever, besides annoying you. I...just wasted...around 5 seconds of your life.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
I've always been a Bleach fangirl. Naruto is dumb and idiotic and annoys the shit outta me. Same goes for one piece >_>

AwesomeExpress

Packages Delivered: 84 / 1900
Feb 4, 2010
I've just started watching One Piece this year, I own the first two parts of the first season.. or is that all there is? I can't remember.. I'm having trouble ordering them all in through my comic shop.. but it's quite enjoyable!

Fawcks

May 10, 2010
All three are very terrible, Naruto wins just because it has several giant snakes and a nine-tailed demonic fox.

If Naruto ever conquers the fox, I WOULD HATE HIM FOREVER, yet never know since I stopped following the anime around 15 episodes into Shippuden.

I stopped following Bleach at the end of the Soul Society arc.

I didn't watch much One Piece.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Never heard of One piece.

I have seen a little bit of Naruto and I had to ask if the main person was a girl or boy 'cos it could go either way. Although that Gaara dude seems pretty awesome.

I have watched 170 odd bleach ... episodes(?) and I love it, pitty I can't stand subbed episodes.

I seriously have no idea how people can watch it with subs, I can watch "city of god" fine but Bleach is a no go. It is like watching a film, reading a book and listening to some deep pitched baby in fast foreward.

I have nothing against China or Japan but there language seems to be said without breaks in the words. If you listen to a german speak you can understand were one word ends, like in "Hallo, ich bin Deutsch" you know that there are 4 words in that sentence (when you hear it) but in Japanese, Chinese or Cantonese it all just kind of mashes into one long sounding word and I find it really distracting.

Go to about 47 seconds, shes says "I'll start the tea" but it could just be one word.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
AwesomeExpress said:
I've just started watching One Piece this year, I own the first two parts of the first season.. or is that all there is? I can't remember.. I'm having trouble ordering them all in through my comic shop.. but it's quite enjoyable!
oh no, its very very long. I assume by season 1 you mean episodes 1 - 62, it goes up to 481.

I would suggest going on to Funimations site, you can watch all of the episodes in dub and sub, I say watch the sub as its much better.

OT: One Piece, its just the best of the bunch with rich characters and original ideas. While for the most part it has a very light and happy tone, it can become really dark and sad.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
omega 616 said:
Never heard of One piece.

I have seen a little bit of Naruto and I had to ask if the main person was a girl or boy 'cos it could go either way. Although that Gaara dude seems pretty awesome.

I have watched 170 odd bleach ... episodes(?) and I love it, pitty I can't stand subbed episodes.

I seriously have no idea how people can watch it with subs, I can watch "city of god" fine but Bleach is a no go. It is like watching a film, reading a book and listening to some deep pitched baby in fast foreward.

I have nothing against China or Japan but there language seems to be said without breaks in the words. If you listen to a german speak you can understand were one word ends, like in "Hallo, ich bin Deutsch" you know that there are 4 words in that sentence (when you hear it) but in Japanese, Chinese or Cantonese it all just kind of mashes into one long sounding word and I find it really distracting.

Go to about 47 seconds, shes says "I'll start the tea" but it could just be one word.

If you spend time to learn the language you can eventually differentiate between words. (IE: Wo shi zhongguoren. There are clearly 3 words there, technically five words but whatever.) When I hear people speaking in French or German it all sounds like one big word as well.

I personally love One Piece, and anyone who says it is lighthearted has not spent that much time watching/reading it. (The world nobles can pick anyone and just be like "YER MY SEX SLAVE NOW >:D")

Bleach. Never really got into it.

Naruto: Eh, I read it cuz it appears next to OP.

the rye

Jun 26, 2010
I have not seen one piece but bleach and naruto both fall into mediocrity and some what bore me. I like Full Metal Alchemist over all of them. Oh and i like Kuroshitsuji of course.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Inodio said:
-Spoilers-
Well they've all managed to piss me off in one way or another. I suppose Naruto pissed me off the least when they killed Kakashi, and when it finally blew over, the deus ex machina saved the day and NOTHING. BAD. HAPPENED. Resurrected by fluffy happy feelings. read on!
Bleach was just a disappointment not calling it quits. I don't know who's happy to have a whole new arc of bullshit "New stronger enemies who have stood on the sidelines because they thought attacking one season earlier would've been too easy" and just milking the damn franchise. Seriously: bad guy: Aizen. Aizen defeated, end series, start new one, hope it's better. Now it'll go one more season that'll feel like one of those awful spin-off arcs, and end up like Dragon Ball GT. Actually, it's pretty much the Dragon Ball GT of Bleach. Well done, Jump.
I actually wasn't thinking about One Piece in my rant, and I haven't read it... any of it. I would, and it has been recommended many times, but over 300 chapters is not inviting.
I thank you for your opinion, but please use spoilers next time! Many people do not know this information yet! :) (Did not notice you put the spoiler thing on top, but I mean actually hide the text next time!)