Poll: Which evil army do you join?

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
My first thought was Khorne, because if you're really good and don't fuck up you get to become an immortal daemon, and apart from that all the choices that I know anything about (know nothing about options 1, 2) are pretty bad and have a life expectancy of about a week. Assuming it takes a week to get to the frontline.

But then I thought back to what I thought about the last time I saw the Lord Of The Rings films - on one occasion, a protagonist (don't remember which) jumped into the midst of a bunch of pikemen, who had the pikes pointed up, and none of them bothered or were clever enough to impale him, despite the fact that it would take no effort and should probably happen accidentally anyway. And then later, when Gandalf arrives? He leads a cavalry charge into a mass of pikemen. What magic does he use to make this suicidal tactic not suicide? Light. He makes a bright light, that blinds the orcs.

I was like "Jesus Christ, guys, you have eyelids! And helmets with visors! You don't need to aim a pike, a cavalry charge is a wall of meat!"

So yeah, I'd join Sauron's army, and rise through the ranks because of my superior leadership. I should get to a decent position just for the "put the pikes in the enemy" idea. Assuming the numbers are adjusted enough to balance things out (otherwise combine vs the rest of the list would just be unfair), I should end up as fief of Western Europe.

Although of course, there are plenty of better "other" options that are better. But it's kind of cheating to go with that, since you could pick any evil army from any fiction. Still, there's an "other" option, so I'll think about what "other" I would pick...

It depends on how much you can stretch "Evil" really. The Q continuum are sometimes antagonists, and are morally grey since they occasionally kill people. And fight civil wars which blow up suns as a side-effect. If that's enough that I can pick the Q, then you can call me Q. No, not the one played by John de Lancie, that's Q. Completely different Q. It stands for Q. Yes, both of them stand for Q. Do I have to spell it out for you? It shouldn't take that long: Q. Q.

Failing that, the Aeon Illuminate are (in my view) the darkest gray of the gray/gray/gray 3-way war in Supreme Commander, and joining their army would be pretty boss. If you disagree, and think the UEF are the bad guys, that's even better, since then I don't have to adopt an alien religion.

If they're not evil enough either, I pick the Brotherhood Of Mutants if doing so gives me powers, and if it doesn't, I'll join the Britannian Empire from Code Geass.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
The Combine. To paraphrase that song from that mod, they've offered me some enhancements to certain things that could use some enhancing.

I'm talking about my throat, of course. Terrible phlegm problem here.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Out of this list, I'd probably go with Doctor Insano, but I'd have to make sure I don't end up one of his experiments...

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
How is the Galactic Empire from Star Wars not here?

Also would we still get to be ourselves in this army? For example if I joined the combine would I have to be "augmented" first or could I still continue to be my human self under the mask like civil protection?

Nerexor

Mar 23, 2009
I'd try to become part of The Circle (A.K.A. The Black Council) from the Dresden Files universe. Subtly manipulate large factions to our advantage? Check. Made of magic wielding badasses that ignore silly little rules like "don't travel through time" or "don't make zombie armies" or "don't outright kill people with magic"? Check. Has a string of victories in a world where the heroes are still alive? Check.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
I choose OMER Science & Technology. I want a Mech that is not shit. So no Zeon for me, I've seen what happens to Zaku's.

AmayaOnnaOtaku

The Babe with the Power
Mar 11, 2010
The god of Blood, War and Murder or the god of Chaos.

Fuck it I will become a cultist of Slaanesh. Do I get to wear leather?

BartyMae

Apr 20, 2012
Out of these, (ignoring "Other"), I'd say 100% Combine. Joker, you'll get murdered sooner or later...and probably sooner. Sauron's army? They cease to exist after the third movie, so to hell with that.

...and I have no idea what the rest are.

StraightToHeck

Booby booby bum bum.
Oct 13, 2010
If in this bizzaro universe I DID have pointy ears, then I'd go with the Thalmor.

Them robes be bitchin'

Mr_RogersCU13

Nov 22, 2011
Who wouldn't choose to slaughter the servants of the False Emperor in the name of Mighty Khorne? BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD. SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE.

Forestwolfss

Feb 24, 2008
The Vaygar from Homeworld 2 for no other reason than they have cool ships with missiles. Without taking the Other option I would go with Dr Insano because science is fun.

SEXTON HALE

Apr 12, 2012
Joker's gang for the win!
***** please we will roll out over every other army and put them to shame!
Who could possibly withstand the tide of our madness!

zarix2311

Dec 15, 2010
I would have to say Sith. The kind of crazy powers you could wield! Not the Sith that existed around prequel trilogy though, I want Old Republic Sith, so much cooler.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
I'm gonna go with the Galactic Empire Too. Why? The dark side has some damned good health insurance. Plus, while i imagine the Joker would be somewhat fun to work with...you have to remember you're working for a psychopath who'll praise you for crushing a baby's head beneath your foot one second and the next tear your testicles off because you blinked at him at the wrong time.

Steven E. Roberts

Jun 27, 2012
Helghast. Helghast troops have actually killed primary characters in the game. General Haughton, Colonel Templar, Sev. And their leader Scolar Visari is killed and they still aren't going to give up. Determination to the end. Helghast Forever.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
I think joining a evil Vampire Covenant would be cool. Like the one in the movie Underworld. Though I guess they aren't all really that evil...

I'm not very good at this. I am not good with working with people.

Oh wait I got one, I would join the Xenomorph army! If I had Ripleys half alien blood like she does in Resurection, I would totally join the Xenomorphs and become like a human spy for them. I'd become like the Kerrigan of the Xenomorphs.