Poll: Which Game of Thrones Character Would You Play Given the Chance?

Jan 13, 2012
Goddamn it, that reminds me that I have the whole first season on my room mates hard drive and I have yet to watch one episode.

*checks schedule* YESSSS, I have nothing to do tomorrow, time to try and force myself to like this cult classic, as I usually do.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Aris Khandr said:
kman123 said:
Tyrion of course. He gets to slap Joffrey.
That should be a level in every game. Seriously. I'd even accept it as the new ending to ME3. Just picture it:

Shepard rises into the glowing white light on the Citadel. The screen goes completely dark, then fades in to a door opening. Shepard, now in a more medieval looking suit of armour, walks into the throne room to see Joffrey sitting on the throne, toying with a dagger that has a hilt shaped like a Reaper while being a general ponce. Shepard walks right up to him (Renegade interrupt to punch him in the stomach while he's speaking, otherwise you wait until he's done), then a short fight scene, all melee, with a dagger that looks a lot like your omni-tool blade. When you win, you pick up the Reaper dagger, kick Joffrey in the head for good measure, and walk out to a balcony overlooking the Narrow Sea, and chuck the thing into it. Another flash of white light, and Shepard wakes up on the Citadel as the Reapers seem to be rusting and falling apart. The galaxy is saved, everyone is happy. And you got to kick Joffrey in the head.
And then after Shepard Wakes up you see Tyrion there, pouring a goblet of wine for himself before noticing Shepard waking up."Nice Display. Couldn't have done it any better Myself" After which he asks."Drink?" At which point shepard accepts the drink, sits beside Tyrion and drinks with him while watching the Reapers Rust.

Cue credits.

OT: Probably Tyrion...although i admit part of me wouldn't mind playing a game as The Hound

TNightmare

Mar 2, 2011
From the choices, im going with Tyrion. I must say though, I really love the character Varys, scheming, manipulating, and all to plunge the realm into chaos, how awesome is that?

TNightmare

Mar 2, 2011
From the choices, im going with Tyrion. I must say though, I really love the character Varys, scheming, manipulating, and all to plunge the realm into chaos, how awesome is that?

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Jorah Mormont so I had plenty of opportunity to kill that characterless pile of terrible characterisation that is Daenerys.

Senor Smoke21

May 23, 2008
Emiscary said:
If you had a chance to play as one of these characters (or someone *like* them), which would it be?

Note: I've purposefully avoided adding Robb Stark, Jon Snow and a few other handsome selfless warriors to the list specifically because you've already played that guy or some version of him. Dozens of times.

My personal vote: Other. Personally I wanna spend some time in Bronn's (Tyrion's muscle) shoes. Every single big budget game released in the last decade revolves around professional murder. I wanna play as a professional murder who's perfectly aware of what he is- and remains completely unashamed of that fact. Example quote:

Tyrion: If I asked you to kill an infant girl -still at her mother's breast say- would you do it? Without question?

Bronn: Without question? No. I'd ask how much.

Badass on tap.
Yeah I'm with you, Bronn is the man!
Such an unrivalled badass.
Also, recognise the blonde guy? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBKyLjvrmg8&feature=fvst

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Nymeria the wolf, a shit load of running/hunting and has a big ol' pack behind her.]

Mar 30, 2010
Thoraxe said:
Bronn, Arya or Jaime are very interesting characters.
I yearn for a time skip so Arya stark can grow into a full fledged badass.

but I read the books and well, some dreams get crushed early.
Point number one - Spoilers.

Point number two - No offence, but you can't have read the books very carefully if you think that.
Her training at the House of Black and White to become a Faceless Man is all kinds of badass.

OT: Jaime Lannister's character progression is, for me, one of the most interesting in the series so I'll place my vote there. Davos Seaworth gets a mention here too, and I'm eager to see where Griff's story goes as well.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Arya is my favourite character but unfortunately i'm not a 10 year old girl so i don't think the part is for me. Playing her "dancing teacher" would of been fun though... The hopeless optimist in me wants to believe he still lives :(

Emiscary

Sep 7, 2008
370999 said:
Roose fucking Bolton. He will fuck you up.

I wouldn't mind the Goat guy
I thought I was the only guy fucked up enough to wanna play a Bolton. But if you're gonna go that route, buy the whole hog. Go with Ramsay Bolton. That fucker is downright scary.

May 17, 2010
Emiscary said:
370999 said:

I thought I was the only guy fucked up enough to wanna play a Bolton. But if you're gonna go that route, buy the whole hog. Go with Ramsay Bolton. That fucker is downright scary.
Ramsay is way too much of a crazy rapist. Roose calculates. He schemes. I like his brand of pragmatic viciousness more then boisterous threesomes with thirteen year olds.

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
Tyrion, he is smart and witty and loves to shag whenever he can but his character also improves as the books go on and I love how that happened. Just wish his luck was just a tiny bit better but everything happens for a reason eh?

Emiscary

Sep 7, 2008
370999 said:
Emiscary said:
370999 said:

Ramsay is way too much of a crazy rapist. Roose calculates. He schemes. I like his brand of pragmatic viciousness more then boisterous threesomes with thirteen year olds.
True, but I'm convinced Roose is just as fucked up in exactly as creepy a fashion. I think he just hides it significantly better.

Emiscary

Sep 7, 2008
The Hero Killer said:
Robb Stark, he was just cool to me like a younger tougher Eddard.
Bah! He's like the boringest Stark you could've picked. John Snow's more like his dad than Robb anyway... Robb's more like his late uncle.

That being said, I'm not surprised Tyrion's the frontrunner. He's beloved by all, and he's a character with no martial prowess to speak of. So if you played him it would be in a game that doesn't revolve exclusively around stabbing people! So there's probably a second message in that choice... (IE: people wanna be able to play noncombatants...)

Mr_RogersCU13

Nov 22, 2011
Barristan Selmy. Dude is honorable and even as an old man can still beat any opponent sent at him. I like and agree with the choices he makes in the series (which I won't reveal, don't want any spoilers and such).

Plus I hope I look that awesome when I'm old.

May 17, 2010
Emiscary said:
370999 said:
Emiscary said:
370999 said:

True, but I'm convinced Roose is just as fucked up in exactly as creepy a fashion. I think he just hides it significantly better.
Oh and controls it. He's a man with a plan and I can respect that.