Poll: Which generations of Pokemon do you "recognize"?

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
After generation 4, I kinda stopped loving the new pokemon.

They looked really... generic if you ask me.

Someone needs to ship Nintendo some fancy weed so they can have some better ideas.

Inglorious891

Dec 17, 2011
Altough I loved the series as a kid, I fell out of the series after second generation. Not sure why, but it just kinda stopped.

I would pick up the series again if I could, but it would be Silver/Gold for sure. Soo 2nd generation I guess.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
All of 'em. I mean, some of the new designs are a little bit stupid, some of them are freaking awesome.

I named mine Patchouli, and we are best friends.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I wouldnt be surprised if some kids only knew the fifth generation to be honest.

Anyways I recognize all of them though I'd like to see a source on the next pokemon game in the series.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
I've been really into the first 3 generations. Then I realized that I had only played through 4th gen (granted, I only had Pearl instead of its whole trilogy) once or twice.

It's all pretty much the same, so I stopped there and didn't get into Black/White.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I'm better at the first gen, and the 5th gen than the others! Most of the others I recognise, but struggle to remember there names and wheich gen they are from!

I am currently playing white though, and enjoying it tenfold!

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Only up to the fourth generation. I could likely name most any pokemon from the first two or three just by seeing a picture.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
I know all of them. Show me one and I can tell you it's name, type, how to evolve it, and how to best use it. I think all generations are great, and that people tend to judge the newer ones based on one or two designs they don't like or feel are unoriginal.

Shreddie

May 11, 2011
Just the first and second generations for me. I don't necessarily have a problem with the others, I just kind of moved on from Pokemon after the second generation.

Dunkerloop

Aug 8, 2011
I'd recognize up to generation 3, after that I'd probably mix up generations 4 and 5. Personally, I really liked generation 3.

bauke67

Apr 8, 2011
I recognise every single one of them(not sure if that's a good thing), except for the newest batch(black/white). Mostly because I don't have that game and aren't likely to get it any time soon.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Most people that complain about the later generations have hardly ever played the games, thus are only privy to the "retards" of said gens. Every generation has its ratio of awesome/retarded to varying degrees. I was about to give up when GenV came around but I got it and found out that there were still enough cool designs to build a team with.

MorsePacific

Nov 5, 2008
I have at least one game from every generation and I think they're all good. I can name at least one Pokemon from every generation that tops the list for stupid designs. So I'm going to.

Bellsprout
Sudowoodo
Swalot
Drifblim
Trubbish

To be honest, I like some of the fifth generation Pokemon more than most of the first generation. Have you seen how cute Tepig is?

njrk97

May 30, 2011
after mudkip 2nd gen i think it all went downhill alothough their r some cool new ones that electric spiderone is pretty awsome

William Ossiss

Apr 8, 2010
Glass Joe the Champ said:
So with the 5th generation of Pokemon out and the 6th one in the works
have they announced pokemon grey yet? if not, then you still have about 4 ish years before gen 6.

OT: eh, after the first two generations, i was done. oh, i still played the shit out of the others, but even the second generation was pushing it. they should have just released a tiny update list every so often.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
It's the same every generation. You get some really awesome ones and some truly horrendous ones depending on the quality of the drugs the designers are taking at the time.

Layz92

May 4, 2009
I only ever played the first one, I just couldn't justify buying a later gen handheld just for those games. Besides, scyther was already in the first game so the others were needless.