Poll: Which horrible film should my Literature & Film class watch

Darren716

New member
Jul 7, 2011
784
0
0
So today at the end of my lit & film class, which is basically a class where we watch movies and analyse them, I was talking to a few of my friends about some bad movies which caused one of my friends to ask the teacher if we could watch The Room in class to pick it apart which caused the teacher to say that he never heard about it and that he has actually had students ask him to watch bad films before. So I asked the teacher if we could watch Birdemic just to find out that he already owned a copy but never watched it. SO the question I have for you is which film should we watch to rip apart in class?

MOD EDIT: Please remember to "present an explanation of the reasoning that informs your opinion" to not violate our Low Content rules. Thanks. -ChristopherRobin
 

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
14,276
15
43
There's nothing to really analyze in either of them, but I vote for The Room. It's (probably) funnier.
 

yuval152

New member
Jul 6, 2011
1,450
0
0
The room.

You're tearing me apart, fappy!

And of coures how could I forget, the scorpion king 3 and the innocence of muslims.
 

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
1,979
0
0
Marter said:
There's nothing to really analyze in either of them, but I vote for The Room. It's (probably) funnier.
Nothing about Scorpion King 3? Odd...

OT- Both should work well enough, but the Room seems like more fun to watch.
 

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
14,276
15
43
Revnak said:
Nothing about Scorpion King 3? Odd...
Two reasons for that. (1) It's a fantastic movie and should be watched to appreciate, not to mock.

And (2), the Second Commandment of the <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Scorpibros>Scorpibros dictates that "Thou shalt not lessen the image of the greatest movie ever, The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption, nor shalt thou use its name in lists of terrible movies."

So there you go.
 

pilouuuu

New member
Aug 18, 2009
701
0
0
I'd say Tree of Life. It's probably the most horrid movie I've even seen. It doesn't make any sense, it's dull, boring, depressing, the characters are hateful and annoying, it's really pretentious. Some parts are like a glorified screen saver which looks good, but did I mention it's boring? Booooooring! Even the freaking dinosaurs can't save this movie from being complete crap.

Tree of Life is utter crap and it's probably one of the few times I regreted watching a movie.
 

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
1,979
0
0
Marter said:
Revnak said:
Nothing about Scorpion King 3? Odd...
Two reasons for that. (1) It's a fantastic movie and should be watched to appreciate, not to mock.

And (2), the Second Commandment of the <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Scorpibros>Scorpibros dictates that "Thou shalt not lessen the image of the greatest movie ever, The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption, nor shalt thou use its name in lists of terrible movies."

So there you go.
That works I suppose. I do not believe any positive claim about this movie in the slightest, but I guess you have every right to stand by such principles. Such ridiculous principles.
 

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
5,950
14
43
Country
United States
If you want an example of horrible movie that came out this year, Chernobyl Diaries

Worst big-budget zombie film in the history of the universe

I don't mean that lightly
 

Dangit2019

New member
Aug 8, 2011
2,449
0
0
Darren716 said:
So today at the end of my lit & film class, which is basically a class where we watch movies and analyse them, I was talking to a few of my friends about some bad movies which caused one of my friends to ask the teacher if we could watch The Room in class to pick it apart which caused the teacher to say that he never heard about it and that he has actually had students ask him to watch bad films before. So I asked the teacher if we could watch Birdemic just to find out that he already owned a copy but never watched it. SO the question I have for you is which film should we watch to rip apart in class?
I don't know how strict your class is, but the Room has tons of sex scenes and a full shot of the director's ass, so there's that.

If your staying safe, stick with Birdemic. It's even worse imo.
 

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
15,489
0
0
Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

Failing that, Night of the Lepus.

Failing THAT, The Green Slime.

 

Vern5

New member
Mar 3, 2011
1,633
0
0
Watch: "The Box"

It's a movie that has horrible acting but an interesting premise that slowly but surely melts into an awful ending with no explanations, closure, or coherent thought. Its bad then good and then terrible sort of like Yahtzee's take on Dark Orbit.

This movie will leave you in such a state of disapointment that it is actually fascinating as a topic for a psychological experiment.
 

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
498
0
0
If you have not see Trolls 2, then I demand that it be added to the list. It is a lovely tale of goblins (trolls are never mentioned in the entire film) and a family trip to the town of "Nilbog"....

It is on Netflix so its easy to see, and will make you spend the entire movie thinking "There is no way they found a worse actor than this" every 15 minutes. They made it in the 80s and I think they got all of their actors from some random bowling alley.

Did I mention that evil is defeated with a sandwich...
 

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
8,687
0
0
Here's a better idea: Watch an episode of MST3K. They'll watch a bad movie AND rip it apart for you!

Might I suggest "Mitchell" or "Radar Secret Service"?

Edit: Oh, and the one they did on "Space Mutiny" is pretty damn funny.
"Too bad they set their phasers to miss..."
 

Username Redacted

New member
Dec 29, 2010
709
0
0
Alright. Let's see what horrible movies I can "recommend":

Anonymous Rex
The Last Airbender
Blade Trinity
Red Sonja

If I think of more and/or you need more ideas I've got plenty.
 

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
19,316
0
0
The Room tried so very, VERY hard to be good, making it all the more tragically, hilariously awful... and more dissectable.

On the other hand, Birdemic is more laugh-out-loud uproarious.

Choose based on which of these scenes you find more entertaining.

<youtube=kOdjtiOMGbA>

<youtube=WnHRqgmYY_k>
 

newfoundsky

New member
Feb 9, 2010
576
0
0
Marter said:
Revnak said:
Nothing about Scorpion King 3? Odd...
Two reasons for that. (1) It's a fantastic movie and should be watched to appreciate, not to mock.

And (2), the Second Commandment of the <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Scorpibros>Scorpibros dictates that "Thou shalt not lessen the image of the greatest movie ever, The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption, nor shalt thou use its name in lists of terrible movies."

So there you go.
I'm thinking some sarcasm is seething from your fingertips.

You should pick apart It's a Wonderful Life.
 

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
14,276
15
43
newfoundsky said:
I'm thinking some sarcasm is seething from your fingertips.

You should pick apart It's a Wonderful Life.
You don't know me well enough if you think I'm being sarcastic. (Or you know me too well, which would be weird.)

I liked It's a Wonderful Life. Why would I want to pick it apart?