Poll: Which is the better "Still Alive"

Aiden Rebirth

Nov 19, 2008
I love both the games Mirror's Edge, and Portal, but Their comes a dilemmia they both have the same title for their theme song. Both are amazing songs, but I was wondering which the people love more. The comedic Still Alive from portal, or the cool Still Alive from Mirror's edge.
I like Mirror's edge's still alive more, because i can listen to it like a normal person, as opposed to giggling like an idiot at Glados. what do you guys think?

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Portal's song, the Mirror Edge one is annoying to my ears for some reason.

Xyzgon

Jul 2, 2008
I like both of them but for me Portal's still alive is the superior by FAR.

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
I haven't heard the mirrors edge one, but the portal one got old after a while.

Might I request a fourth option on the poll for Pearl Jam's Still Alive?

Because I would vote for that one.

jezz8me

Mar 27, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
This poll/question is totally inane. You are asking to compare two completely different songs of different style and genre based on the commonality of both being video game themes, and sharing the same title. That's like asking which is better, Pink the artist or Pink the Aerosmith song.
The Aerosmith song and i havn't even heard it :p

What about asking which is the best song titled "Ghosts" or "I miss you".

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Portal's song mentioned cake, therefore according to Einstein it instantly wins now and will do for the rest of time.

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
Portal. Mainly because I giggle at it, and also because I can do a really good imitation. Just ask Nuke Lassic.

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
I vote for the Pearl Jam one, the Mirror's Edge one is terrible (I partly blame the fact that it's sung by Lisa Miskovsky, one of Swedens many crappy musicians). The Portal one has comical lyrics, but I don't like the music...

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Mirrors edge one has a nice piano part but otherwise is just bland pop. Portals one has charm, is witty & doesnt feel like your watching The Hills while listening to it. So im going with Portal :)

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Ranooth said:
Portal's song mentioned cake, therefore according to Einstein it instantly wins now and will do for the rest of time.
Nuff said really.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Also there is an awesome Meat Loaf song called Alive (though in the lyrics it's always "still alive")

I'd have to say Portal, because the song basically sums the game up in a charming and spot on song. Not dissing the Mirror's Edge one though, it's good too.

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
Woe Is You said:
GloatingSwine said:
Nuff Said. [http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_12b6Om758Q]
My ears! They're bleeding!

I NEED A DOCTOR!
*kicks in head* No! me first!

but seriusly now, if it didn't have lyric, ME's version MAY had a CHANCE to compate with the epicness that is portal's version
*goes and listens to still alive again

GenHellspawn

Jan 1, 2008
What is it with me never liking anything popular as much as the others? Sure, BB's version might be repetitive, but it beats a text-to-speech voice singing retarded lyrics over an acoustic guitar.