Poll: Which Mass Effect 3 class will you play as first?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Well...what do you mean?
Shepard IS a Vanguard. There's no choice, he just is. Unless there's alternate universes and a Shepard of a different class for each. But that's crazy. The REAL shepard is a Vanguard.

Aerograt

Jan 7, 2011
Agayek said:
Jark212 said:
Vanguard, the class I've played through the whole series as...

Yes, I have tried out some of the other classes but love Vanguard above all...
This. Definitely have to play as Vanguard. Especially if they keep that ridiculously overpowered Biotic Charge in the third game.
I don't know if I would call Charge overpowered, at least on harder difficulties, I find Infiltrater a much easier class to play with the ranged Sniper Rifle, you don't really have to expose yourself to as much danger as a CQC class with it.

Also, and this probably shouldn't be considered in terms of Charge's general effectiveness, there's a glitch which the ability that can put you in a normally unreachable spot on certain areas. It's probably difficult to understand if you haven't experienced it, but I insist that you take my word for it when I say it's bad shit annoying.

edit: Oh, and I voted Vanguard :p

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Adept. True biotic powerhouse.

"The forces of the universe bend to me. Your attacks are primitive. Embrace perfection."

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
Vanguard because I'll import my file. Fuck soldier, I found it to be the most boring class ever.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Aerograt said:
I don't know if I would call Charge overpowered, at least on harder difficulties, I find Infiltrater a much easier class to play with the ranged Sniper Rifle, you don't really have to expose yourself to as much danger as a CQC class with it.

Also, and this probably shouldn't be considered in terms of Charge's general effectiveness, there's a glitch which the ability that can put you in a normally unreachable spot on certain areas. It's probably difficult to understand if you haven't experienced it, but I insist that you take my word for it when I say it's bad shit annoying.

All that is true, but I don't play higher than one step above normal, whatever that's called. Biotic charge, with the ultra-slowmo when you come out is stupid overpowered at that level. Basically you charge into a group of 3-5, and they're all dead by the time the slowmo wears off.

Aerograt

Jan 7, 2011
Agayek said:
Aerograt said:

All that is true, but I don't play higher than one step above normal, whatever that's called. Biotic charge, with the ultra-slowmo when you come out is stupid overpowered at that level. Basically you charge into a group of 3-5, and they're all dead by the time the slowmo wears off.
You can pretty much outdamage most enemies with the other classes that used ranged methods, maybe not against a bunch of enemies at once but they don't put themselves at nearly as much risk as the Vanguard anyway.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I will play the same first class I played since the first Mass Effect: Soldier.

Yeah,I like guns.The more the merrier I always say >:p

xchurchx

Nov 2, 2009
well when i fisrt played through i chose the soldier and got all those wepons
and then i chose the sentinel and hated it so im sticking to the one class

Feb 19, 2010
Transferring my solider. it just took to long for me me to create the awsome face and awesome personalty. and i wasted so much time planet scanning to survive the final mission with everyone with their blood inside them

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Sentinel is my usual recourse, but I may go for Vanguard or Adept. It really depends on what they offer this time around.
I like to get in close with the shotgun and make people fly around, you see.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I chose Adept as my first class in both games but never really touched it since. Perhaps I should choose it to keep up with tradition.

Although I imagine I shall base my decision on what they are like for ME3, I imagine they shall tweak them a fair bit as they seemed a bit unbalanced in ME2.

Scout Tactical

Jun 23, 2010
I don't know why people bother with inferior classes. Clearly the Vanguard is peerless. I specialized into Shock Trooper in ME1, and was disappointed in the lack of Barrier in ME2. I picked up Barrier via research (and for free on my second play through), and it made the class even better.

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
Soldier's my go to class, as I like being able to choose from basically all the weapons. With squadmates, having biotics is a little extraneous when you can just order them to do everything.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
Vanguard all the way, I'm not going to be a generic soldier...

Gahars said:
Soldier's my go to class, as I like being able to choose from basically all the weapons. With squadmates, having biotics is a little extraneous when you can just order them to do everything.
Damn your avatar now i'm going to have to listen to that song AGAIN.

SomeUnregPunk

Jan 15, 2009
I'll pick the a-hole class.

The class that breaks the game due to the powers/abilities given to the class.

In my experience in ME1 it was a toss up between the sniper and the mage class.
in ME2 it was the vanguard class. I can FLY!