Poll: Which Upcoming FPS will be best?

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
DooM: I know nothing about it for sure at this point so I can't say for sure, but if its anything like Brutal Doom I'm in.
Destiny: Already bought it, having fun so far but haven't had a huge amount of time to play.
Halo 5: 4 was disappointing and I'm not getting an Xbone anyway.
UT: Not in a million years.
FarCry 4: looks like FC3 with new stuff. Considering how much I loved FC3 I'm totally fine with that.
R6: siege: eehhhhhh. my excitement hinges enterily on whether its built solely around MP or if they bother to give it a really good Rainbow Six 3 style SP mode.
Star Citizen: I don't care about this game. Like at all. And is there even any actual shooting? I was under the impression that the first person parts were just for walking around, not combat.
Killing Floor 2: I didn't know this was happening, but I'm glad it is. I just hope they do a bit better on the balance this time. And possibly crack down on the rampant fun destroying hacking. And that a horrible easymode map like Doom2 doesn't become super popular this time.

So I vote "all of them except Star Citizen, UT, and Halo 5"

Also as a side note: This thread is a crystallized example of why I refuse to call myself a "gamer". It has nothing to do with sexism or the industry "leaving me behind" and everything do do with that identity being increasingly associated with bilious, smug, elitist, keyboard vomit, and less and less with actually *SHOCKHORROR* enjoying things.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I'll go with doom, mostly because i like single player games and i have a feeling that this one will deliver. Farcry would be my second pick, but i'm not expecting too much from it, 2nd installment was horrible, 3rd was ok.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Going for halo 5 with Far Cry 4 behind it and then DOOM, I can't give a rats ass about the Stalker series though.

Grach

Aug 31, 2012
Well, I haven't played any of them since they are to be released [/pedantic]. BUT, I am hyped for Doom. I really, REALLY hope it takes after Brutal Doom. Just a fast-paced, fun, gory and cut-throat shooter with great graphics.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Zhukov said:
Dude, you forgot Call of Duty: Future Warfare in your poll.

I watched a preview on IGN and it literally caused me to orgasm multiple times. Per minute.

It's going expand my intellectual horizons with it's innovative, immersive and genre-defining innovations in immersion. It shall be talked about for decades to come as the watershed moment in which gaming transcended this material plane of existence. The date of its release shall become the new Year Zero, the date by which all other things are measured. All that which came before shall be forgotten as the PreCod Dark Age, while all that come after will count themselves blessed to live in such enlightened times.

All other games shall shrink and cower before the peerless incandescent glory of Future Warfare as it strides forth to lead the faithful into a new golden age.
I'm questioning the authenticity of this post as you refer to the game as "Future Warfare" when the subtitle is, in actuality, "Advanced Warfare."

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Gotta be Killing Floor 2. Love the first, it's a really good time. A shiny new upgrade with community mods in mind sounds so appealing.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
From your list, I'll pick Farcry 4. It looks really similar to Farcry 3 with a lot of added verticality. Farcry 3 was fantastic so I expect this to be quite good as well.

Not from your list, but should definitely be there, is Borderlands the Presequel. A lot of people are just dismissing this as an almost expansion but with 4 new classes, low gravity combat, new ammo and gun types, and a new oxygen/combat drop mechanic, it's a new game. Personally, this is the FPS I am most excited for.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
AbsoluteVirtue18 said:
Oh, sorry. I don't play FPS because I'm too smart to play them. The only new game I care about is the new Slender Ripoff/Amnesia Ripoff/Retro Throwback/Quirky Indie Platformer/LoL Ripoff.

OT: I played the Destiny beta and it was pretty fun. I didn't even know they were coming out with a new Unreal Tournament.
I see your comment meant to insult...and I laugh as it doesn't target me in the slightest. My dislike of the internet darlings is well documented.

IamGamer41 said:
I didn't realize intelligent and sophisticated people enjoyed playing antsy emo teenagers with bad dressing habits and ridicules hair who save the world with the power of friendship.
No they enjoy shooting the bang bangs against minorities clearly. Look its very simple and I'll repeat myself again, that response is not adequate. You can not call out someone while making a statement like that.

Charcharo said:
Now this is just mean genre elitism. It aint even like my elitism, at least mine is rooted in some logical and objective things.
This is 100% subjective genre elitism.
The same way I COULD do the exact same for JRPGs. But I wont :)
Did you not see the footnote?

Charcharo said:
Play STALKER is always an adequate response. ALWAYS.
You small girly man for liking JRPGs isn't an adequate response no. Little have folk realised the trap set for them.

Charcharo said:
Strategy Games are for the elite. RPGs are mass market AAA drivel like Action Adventure or FPS.
I hope that isn't serious. When folk say Strategy games they are often talking about the RTSs which well...I don't think anything needs to be stated.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
remnant_phoenix said:
Zhukov said:

I watched a preview on IGN and it literally caused me to orgasm multiple times. Per minute.

It's going expand my intellectual horizons with it's innovative, immersive and genre-defining innovations in immersion. It shall be talked about for decades to come as the watershed moment in which gaming transcended this material plane of existence. The date of its release shall become the new Year Zero, the date by which all other things are measured. All that which came before shall be forgotten as the PreCod Dark Age, while all that come after will count themselves blessed to live in such enlightened times.

All other games shall shrink and cower before the peerless incandescent glory of Future Warfare as it strides forth to lead the faithful into a new golden age.
I'm questioning the authenticity of this post as you refer to the game as "Future Warfare" when the subtitle is, in actuality, "Advanced Warfare."
Umm...

Fuck.

The coming saviour is not bound by the petty constraints of human language damn it!

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Zhukov said:
remnant_phoenix said:
Zhukov said:

Umm...

Fuck.

The coming saviour is not bound by the petty constraints of human language damn it!
Indeed! That was a test, and you passed. May the blessings of the saviour be upon you.

TheGamerElite33

Nov 3, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
You small girly man for liking JRPGs isn't an adequate response no. Little have folk realised the trap set for them.

Charcharo said:
Strategy Games are for the elite. RPGs are mass market AAA drivel like Action Adventure or FPS.
I hope that isn't serious. When folk say Strategy games they are often talking about the RTSs which well...I don't think anything needs to be stated.
He is right. Majority of modern AAA RPG are action games. like mass effect. 3rd person shooter market as RPG

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Rozalia1 said:
AbsoluteVirtue18 said:
Oh, sorry. I don't play FPS because I'm too smart to play them. The only new game I care about is the new Slender Ripoff/Amnesia Ripoff/Retro Throwback/Quirky Indie Platformer/LoL Ripoff.

OT: I played the Destiny beta and it was pretty fun. I didn't even know they were coming out with a new Unreal Tournament.
I see your comment meant to insult...and I laugh as it doesn't target me in the slightest. My dislike of the internet darlings is well documented.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing you or indie games as a genre or anything like that. I just get tired of being treated like a neanderthal because I like the occasional FPS. I'm more of the "everyone play what they want and leave others alone" kind of guy.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
IamGamer41 said:
I wasn't referring to anything you had said. Clearly you like to see your own typed words more then anyone else. My response was perfectly valid. Unlike most of your's which are trying to incite others. So you can fuck right off.
Yeah yeah your generic JRPG statement wasn't baiting or anything. Its as I said simple, if I put my nose up at FPSs and if you haven't realised it isn't as clear cut as just that. Than insulting another genre that you think in any way cuts me deep is the wrong response. Instead of proving me wrong, you validate my statement by making such a statement yourself. However while my statement clearly cut you deep enough for you to start swearing at me, yours I brush off as minor, irrelevant.
Simply put my statement is more credible than yours and goes over.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
I would say Killing Floor 2, because even as a hardcore Doom fan I am not holding any anticipation for Doom 4 because RAGE wasn't all that good. Everything else can be safely disregarded as yet another sequel (except UT) that has a dull plot and mostly linear maps.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Charcharo said:
Sorry mate, did not see a footnote :(
Was it something that was supposed to indicate sarcasm?

"You small girly man for liking JRPGs isn't an adequate response no. Little have folk realised the trap set for them."
What? I dont get this part mate :( . I did not call you nor myself a small girly man (not hating on small girly men btw :O )

"
*Looks at Men of War*
*Now looks at Mass Effect*

Uhm, my point still stands :) !

And no, I did not mean only RTSes :(
"
Small girly man stuff was in regards to Diesel-. I was not calling you one, or saying you said it or whatever. I merely stated well...you've read Diesel-'s posts I assume. I wasn't inventing anything.

So Starcraft exists, I suppose its genre is massively mainstream. Yeah Bethesda's and Bioware's stuff is mainstream, doesn't mean Gust's stuff is.