Poll: Which weapon would you choose?

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
well, for the game i'm playing now... i'll just keep the default "angel halo". it's a peaceful solution to battle, temporarily sealing opponenets in weaker forms rather than harming them. honestly, i'd rather use it or any less evil non-lethal weapons in any game.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Abandon4093 said:
Da Orky Man said:
lordlillen said:
Da Orky Man said:
A bolter of course.

It's a .998 assault rifle. The bolts it fires are self-propelled, exploding, tank-piercing. Could you ask for anything else?
woudnt you break your arm from firing that thing?

OT: lightsaber because its awesome.
The bolt is fired at subsonic velocities from the barrel, then accelerates under it's own power to supersonic. Relatively little recoil bevause of the low initial velocity.
Sounds a lot like the gyrojet.

And they were catpoo.

Also aren't heavy bolters just that..... Heavy?

Space Marines might be able to lift them, but aren't they canonically 15 feet tall super soldiers that shit awesome?
Similar to the gyrojet, but the bullet explodes similar to a 40mm grenade. I'll reiterate that: It's an assault rifle that fires shells witht he power of 40mm grenades that explode inside the target. At assault rifle ranges and accuracy.

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
Do Megavitamins count as weapons? I kind of want those. If not, then I'll take the Tiny Bee pistols.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
King of Asgaard said:
Off the top of my head, a gunblade.
To clarify, Seifer's kind of gunblade, because it's lighter.

You totally stole my avatar >.>

Also I think I'd totally go for Micheal O'neal's Armored Combat Suit from the posleen wars, the one with the antimatter power source.

if I have to choose from video games Samus' armor

or from the list I'd select the crowbar so long as I can channel Gordan Freeman's spirit while holding it.

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
A non astertes bolt pistol or bolt gun fires something between .50 and .75 self propelled mass reactive round. The fuel is a hydrogen-oxygen gel, the tip is a very dense metal i forget the name of. You can use these without ripping your shoulder out of the socket. Astartes bolters use .75 rounds and various special rounds. Heavy bolters use 1.75 rounds with a much higher yield and a ROF of around 10 every 6 seconds on full auto. Astartes bolters will tear your arm out of the socket without bionics, muscle grafts or being abnormally large (Say, an ogryn). They are powerful, but their size and size of ammo makes them only a good sidearm accompanying a las weapon becuase that is compact, rechargable etc etc.

This for the debates over the bolter. Powerful weapon, arm wrenching recoil, ammo is expensive. I know whatever real world physics gyrojets might have differ, but, yeah. Bolters are recoil beasts in fluff.

BristolBerserker

Aug 3, 2011
From the list I'd go for the portal gun because it can be used for a lot more than just use as a weapon. Alternatively I'd go for the Mortis punch from Dredd vs Death because one punch and it dissolves all the flesh from your body.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
The knife from the 'His Dark Materials' trilogy... one side is the sharpest knife know to man, can cut anything, which makes it a particulary useful tool, the other side is so sharp it can cut the fabric of reality, and can create doors to other worlds... bit more fiddly and less instant than the portal gun, but a lot more fun!

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
I'll go for a chemical/biological weapon, the virus from Prototype. Than I can be emo Peter Pan with Wolverine, Hulk, Quick Silver, Captain America, Mystique, Venom, and Colossus powers.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
I first played Metal Gear Solid after playing Hybrid Heaven (a totally awesome game, don't believe any lies to the contrary) and as powerful as the mighty PUNCHPUNCHKICK! is, I was REALLY wishing I could lay into that british asshole with a grapple+headbutt+neckbreaker combo
I'd also like to play as Blacklight Mercer in Halo, Assassin's Creed, MGS, and really any game ever. Sweet monkey jesus, do I love me some OP slaughterfests

Actually on topic, I want MJOLNIR from Red Faction Guerilla. A hammer with an infinite power supply that severs molecular bonds, and DOESN'T kill you with a resulting fission kaboom? fuck yes.
Is moon dust really the explanation for the portal gun? thats pretty lame
also, why take the portal gun instead of the GRAVITY gun? The portal gun only warps physics, with the gravgun, you can MAKE PHYSICS YOUR *****. And yes, I know, the portal gun has gravlift capability, but you can't hurl a human body with the portal gun without several minutes of preptime

but yeah... my ultimate game: prototypeXred faction guerillaXGTA4

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
The second I saw 'Portal Gun' I knew that was the answer I wanted and I knew that it would be chosen in overwhelming numbers.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I don't mind having a huge explosive launcher as my main weapon.

Sure I can't save any hostages, but it's their fault for being captured.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Out of those, as long as ammo wasn't a consideration, I'd go with the plasma cutter. It's got decent power, it's accurate, and has its function as a power tool in case I need to cut through something. Out of all the weapons in any game, ever, though? The shockroach from Half-Life: Opposing Force.

It's powerful, doesn't need ammo or upkeep (it's an animal, not a machine, so at most I'd just need to feed it), and doubles as a best friend to keep me company in whatever hellish video game world I might end up in. As long as I didn't get so swamped that it couldn't recharge its shots fast enough, I'd be set to take down anything. A part of me also wanted to say the Handcannon from Dead Space 2 instead, but I'm pretty sure that's cheating.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
Fat-man from those choices granted I have unlimited mini-nukes.
Biotics from mass effect if I don't. Those would be awesome in any situation.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Da Orky Man post="9.360767.14194308" said:
A bolter of course.

It's a .998 assault rifle. The bolts it fires are self-propelled, exploding, tank-piercing. Could you ask for anything else?
um ... yes ...

the Storm or Heavy versions :D