Poll: Which Zelda game should I play first?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Eukaryote said:
The two Oracle games- they will be worth it.
The Game Boy Color ones? I stated in my OP that Seasons is my absolute favorite Zelda game. For now.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
pimppeter2 said:
Furburt said:
Jak and Daxter. Start with the best games ever, in everyone's opinion.
Fixed....

(Sorry I couldn't resist)
Actually, I just picked up the trilogy again today for $10. Sold them because I never thought I'd use my PS2 again. Then this new Jak game came out. And made me want them again.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
pimppeter2 said:
Furburt said:
Fixed....

Actually, I just picked up the trilogy again today for $10. Sold them because I never thought I'd use my PS2 again. Then this new Jak game came out. And made me want them again.
The new one is pretty rubbish. Its by a different developer, and doesn't continue from the trilogy, its just random. I mean the characters and the combat are still pretty solid, and the story is decent, but its just unnecessary because nobody from the past games except Keira are there.

Its only a rent unless your a very hardcore fan that must anything with Jak and Daxter stapled onto it. Even a game for a system don't own.

*Whistles*

Dr. Wily III

Jul 27, 2009
Ocarina of Time as far as 3D goes, because, if you thought the traveling in the DS ones were boring, you will not be any happier with Wind Waker.

Also, what about Link's Awakening? (The truly best one and if somone tries to correct me should be punched!)

hcig

Mar 12, 2009
i would normally say go chronological

BUT

do yourself a favor, dont be a slave to the OoT magic

play Wind waker first, experience the true essence of zelda, then play twilight princess, and finish with Ocarina and Majoras mask

no matter what though, dont play TP first, and dont play MM before OoT

also, considering you wanting a story, and your favorite being seasons, you should REALLY start with WW, then TP, as WW has story and a more classic feel, TP comes in second with upfront story, then OoT which has more of a hidden story, and MM which has both

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
pimppeter2 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
pimppeter2 said:
Furburt said:
Fixed....

The new one is pretty rubbish. Its by a different developer, and doesn't continue from the trilogy, its just random. I mean the characters and the combat are still pretty solid, and the story is decent, but its just unnecessary because nobody from the past games except Keira are there.

Its only a rent unless your a very hardcore fan that must anything with Jak and Daxter stapled onto it. Even a game for a system don't own.

*Whistles*
But its on the PS2 and PSP. So, its on a system I own. And its only 30 USD.

hcig

Mar 12, 2009
Dr. Wily III said:
Ocarina of Time as far as 3D goes, because, if you thought the traveling in the DS ones were boring, you will not be any happier with Wind Waker.

Also, what about Link's Awakening? (The truly best one!)
HEY!

SCREW.THAT.

the best is a link to the past, besides, LA is the sequel to ALttP, we all know sequels suck

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
pimppeter2 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
pimppeter2 said:
Furburt said:
Fixed....

*Whistles*
Go for it. Its still a pretty good game.

hcig

Mar 12, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Eukaryote said:
The two Oracle games- they will be worth it.
Those (with an obvious exception of the CDi games) are the worst Zelda games in history.
They are the only ones I consider awful
cause they were freaking capcom

why is it bad things happen when zelda leaves nintendo? STOP IT NINTENDO

at least four swords was cool if you could ignore the controller requirements (though that was flagship, instead of flagship and capcom)

Dr. Wily III

Jul 27, 2009
hcig said:
Dr. Wily III said:

HEY!

SCREW.THAT.

the best is a link to the past, besides, LA is the sequel to ALttP, we all know sequels suck
Well, A Link to the Past is a Sequel to Zelda 2, HA!

Edit: By the way, I think A Link to the Past is almost on par with LA.

hcig

Mar 12, 2009
Dr. Wily III said:
hcig said:
Dr. Wily III said:

HEY!

SCREW.THAT.

Well, A Link to the Past is a Sequel to Zelda 2, HA!
DRAT!

so really, we can only win with the original?

no wait, depending on the timeline you subscribe to, it could actually mean that the original was one of several other games!

okay fine, fine, ill withdraw my previous accusation that LA cant be better because its a sequel

hcig

Mar 12, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
hcig said:

at least four swords was cool if you could ignore the controller requirements (though that was flagship, instead of flagship and capcom)
Lies!
Minish Cap was Capcom and that is awesome!
oh yea....but that was also flagship, i dont know how much capcom ever really does, considering that whole GBA series is done by flagship and capcom

okay, i also amend that comment, to include minish cap

Verbal Samurai

Dec 2, 2009
You should start at the beginning...The Legend of Zelda (NES).

Then, skip over Zelda 2: A Failed Experiment (NES) and go directly to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES).

From there, skip Zelda 4: Fluffykin Hugsalot's Cel-Shading Extravaganza (Gamecube) while also forgetting the existence of it's bastard younger brother, and go straight to Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and ending with Twilight Princess.

$0.02

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
pimppeter2 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
pimppeter2 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
pimppeter2 said:
Furburt said:
Fixed....

*Whistles*
Go for it. Its still a pretty good game.
Hey, ANYTHING is better than Jak X : Super Bombad Racing

Laith

Sep 10, 2008
hcig said:
TheNamlessGuy said:
hcig said:

Lies!
Minish Cap was Capcom and that is awesome!
oh yea....but that was also flagship, i dont know how much capcom ever really does, considering that whole GBA series is done by flagship and capcom

okay, i also amend that comment, to include minish cap
The Oracle games were WAY better than Minish Cap. Dunno what you're smoking.