Poll: WHIRLPOOL: A Baby, Pregnant Lady And Your Boy/Girlfriend Are Drowning. Which One Do You Save?

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
Xprimentyl said:
I'm curious how the baby is getting more votes than the pregnant woman? You're choosing to save one baby over a baby and the mother; if you're already condemning your significant other, at least get the biggest bang for your selfless buck.
My thought was that the pregnant lady wasn't guaranteed to have her baby, so I disregarded it. After some googling it turns out that babies have about a 1 in 160 chance of not making it to birth, and babies have about a 1 in 160 chance to survive past infancy, so it's a pretty small percent so rationally I should go for the pregnant lady

But my gut still says baby. Stupid gut.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
My wife. Because I am a terribly selfish person, and the other two have absolutely no relevance to my everyday life.

Jan 19, 2011
I am Th3Ch33s3Cak3, and I'm here to answer your question. 'My girlfriend!' says PsychicTaco115, 'Because no one will appreciate my meme autism as much as her.' 'My gut says baby.' says DrownedAmmet, 'Pregnant lady's baby might not make it, especially after going through the ordeal of almost drowning. My hypothetical significant other should be able to save herself.' 'I'm curious how the baby is getting more votes than the pregnant woman?' says Xprimentyl, 'You're choosing to save one baby over a baby and the mother; if you're already condemning your significant other, at least get the biggest bang for your selfless buck.'

I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Really Good Bacon. A meal where the bodybuilder would not fear the carbs, where the butcher would not be bound by petty morality, Where the fat would not be constrained by the skinny! And with the sweat of your brow, you can leave everyone to die and get some Really Good Bacon yourself.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
My gf. Luckily there wasn't a puppy in there or she might be mad at me for not choosing that.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
My future girlfriend, I know she's a great person. Both the pregnant lady and the baby are potential horrible people so I'm not going to chance it.

JohnZ117

A blind man before the Elephant
Jun 19, 2012
Problem is, I can't swim. So, unless there's a (long enough) rope or pole nearby, all are fucked. With the rope, the adults, however, could be saved, and one of them could grab the baby. If that scenario couldn't pan out, I could get over the losses.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Xprimentyl said:
I'm curious how the baby is getting more votes than the pregnant woman? You're choosing to save one baby over a baby and the mother; if you're already condemning your significant other, at least get the biggest bang for your selfless buck.
Yes, for me it would only be a difficult decision between pregnant woman (and thus two lifes) and girlfriend (and thus a lot of emotional connection). The baby is only one life i carre far less about.

Overall i probably still would choose my girlfriend and feel bad about it because i know a could have saved another life if i had been more idealistic.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Whoa, talk about a blast from the past. I remember when these threads were posted every single day.

Anyways, I'd definitely save my girlfriend. Because I know her, and I actually like her too