Poll: Who buys the condoms?

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
WolfThomas said:
But you do understand that sex is fun? And when it's done with someone you truly love one of the most amazing things in the world.
Never said it wasnt, and while I prefer people wait until marriage, I am ALOT less outspoken against people who have sex but are in a relationship, mostly because it actually means something and doesnt degrade it into nothingness like One night stands do.

You don't have to choose between all that stuff and sex. You can have both.
The point I was trying to make though was that I dont really want sex and those are things we would rather do to show our love for eachother (maybe paintballing too).

And even if you didn't believe in any sort of contraception and only believed in sex for procreation, there's no reason why the baby making still can't be fun.
Again, never said it wouldnt be.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
I would only have to worry about that if I were actually having sex. So that's one more issue I don't have to address. Silver linings, eh?

Marcus McLean

May 12, 2010
Both parties should stock both. There's no "you're the one wearing them so you're responsible for buying them" rule, the fact is you both need them, so you should make sure you both have some so you are never caught short.

Matthew94 said:
Dags90 said:
manaman said:
Condoms are incredibly stretchy and you are unlikely to find them in more than two sizes (with the second size really only there to boost guy's egos. You could put a regular sized condom over your head. Nobody has a penis that large.
The length can be problematic for well endowed men. Condoms stretch outward fine, but not downward so much. Comfort is also a factor. A guy might not enjoy a condom with a tight base, but a loose base is no good either.

I'm sorry you were saying? I doubt many will be filling that any time soon.
You're missing the point. Regular size condoms will fit anyone, but for some people they are so tight it's very uncomfortable to wear them or painful to put them on. The length isn't particularly important. The length difference is negligable in different sized condoms.

Personally I get all mine from the sexual health clinic for free, because in the UK it's really hard to buy different variety in stores besides the standard gimmicky kinds.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
I always buy them. I don't understand why she would?

I know why other guys did when I was in high school (it was a regular discussion of who, what brand, price...etc), but it always came down to either they were stingy or incredibly insecure.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I haven't ever bought them but mainly because I'm horribly irresponsible. To my credit though, I haven't had actual-factual sex since 2007 so it hasn't really been an issue for the last few years.

Phisi

Jun 1, 2011
She buys the condoms. I always feel like a serial rapist if I buy a large box and it's far more funnier to see the looks on old grannies faces when she puts a box on the counter.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
We tend to keep a stock at both houses, then if one of us is running low whoever can pick them up does. However, we tend to get ours for free, being responsible young people.

ReadyAmyFire

May 4, 2012
I buy them most of the time. Especially fun when a little drunk and asking the cashier: "Excuse me, could you direct me to your prophylactics please?" in too loud a voice.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
Jesus christ do they suck.

Stable relationship, we have moved onto other forms of contraceptive.

In principal, and that I had more money, I got them. Hell, I didnt care, I was gonna get laid.

But the fact is: Joint responsibility. Period.

Sure, its going on him, but shes just as stupid to consent if she knows he isnt using one.

Treefingers said:
No-one. Implants are the way forward.
Yep.

Pope Approved!

The bastard.

CyanideSandwich

Aug 5, 2010
I (a guy) do. But that's partly because as a man I feel responsible for contraception and partly because she's too embarrassed to buy them herself. (We're teenagers, but not those immature ones you see on TV.)

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Nerds don't have sex! Don't be ridiculous! Joking aside, we used to alternate when me and my girlfriend used them. Since I've moved to England condoms are free here so that is pretty cool. On the other hand we don't really use them as she is on the pill.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Issurru said:
Adultism said:
I just pull out.
quoted for relevance. Seeing as how I know when my "limit" is being reached, so to speak.
Also it's hilarious when you say those words in front of your mother, grandmother and cousin and the only ones who laugh are you and your grandma
People still actually use the withdrawal method? Seriously?
I really do hope you're joking.

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
I have no idea, but I just realised that one day I may have to actually buy condoms. Possibly within the next year.
Oh christ.
In 11 months, 22 days, 11 hours, 32 minutes and 12.05 seconds from this post you will engage in intercourse. Make your preparations and may god have mercy on us all.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
A gentleman about the town should always hopefully keep one in his wallet and a few back at his pad. Otherwise it doesn't matter. Just as long as SOMEONE remembers.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I don't buy any condoms. My partners are big on the pill.

And even if we are caught short, condoms are free on the NHS for anyone over 13.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
TheBobmus said:
Weird suggestion: Buy some each, keep at respective houses, don't need to go shopping every time you feel horny.
Just my crazy branch of lateral thinking.
Or you know. Pills ^^

OT: Him. By which I mean, me :p

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
Both. If you are a man, or have sex with men, buy some condoms and keep them in the bedside drawer (or equivalent convenient spot), and replace them as often as is necessary.