Poll: Who do YOU think has the most elite military unit in the world?

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
SAS took down the Taliban by crawling through their tunnels and taking them out silently, one by one, using a KNIFE.

Valkyr71

Jul 2, 2011
th3xile said:
Valkyr71 said:
th3xile said:
Saltyk said:
The SAS can do the same thing out of a helicopter. Trust me man, I come from a cocky military family that admits this. I have a cocky SEAL relative who even says he wouldn't be able to take a SAS operator.
Then your Cocky SEAL realative isnt really a seal. Period.
I'm sorry, but I feel that you don't have a right to judge someone doing the hardest most dangerous job in the world. Where does your point of reference come from? Because in my experience the majority of SOCOM operatives are actually very quiet and modest, never the kind of people you would expect to be trained into perfect killing machines.
Spent 10 years in The US SPECOPS Community, working as a SWCC (Special Warfare Combatant Crewman) and TCS (Tactical Cryptologic Support) Operator and then moving on to the NSA's Special Projects program. I know Seals very intimately and other SPECWAR operators. Ive been back to back with those guys o and the amount of pride and skill they have, and the hubris they have they would never ever say anyone is better than them. Maybe thier equals but never better than them.

th3xile

Aug 9, 2009
Valkyr71 said:
th3xile said:
Valkyr71 said:
th3xile said:
Saltyk said:
The SAS can do the same thing out of a helicopter. Trust me man, I come from a cocky military family that admits this. I have a cocky SEAL relative who even says he wouldn't be able to take a SAS operator.
Then your Cocky SEAL realative isnt really a seal. Period.
I'm sorry, but I feel that you don't have a right to judge someone doing the hardest most dangerous job in the world. Where does your point of reference come from? Because in my experience the majority of SOCOM operatives are actually very quiet and modest, never the kind of people you would expect to be trained into perfect killing machines.
Spent 10 years in The US SPECOPS Community, working as a SWCC (Special Warfare Combatant Crewman) and TCS (Tactical Cryptologic Support) Operator and then moving on to the NSA's Special Projects program. I know Seals very intimately and other SPECWAR operators. Ive been back to back with those guys o and the amount of pride and skill they have, and the hubris they have they would never ever say anyone is better than them. Maybe thier equals but never better than them.
I can understand your perspective, but the majority of them that I've met have all been very soft spoken and modest. Almost Beta at first glance. Hell, at my church there was a guy completely subordinate to his wife who used to be in Delta. There's a mixed group and no way to decide what way every one of them is going to act, but I know for a fact that a LOT of them are incredibly modest.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
I've been spoonfed american propaganda in school and media about how we're the greatest military ever, so I have gut reactions both for and against that option, but it was to my understanding that as far as individuals go, Israel has the most elite soldiers. It would make sense considering their military history. Unfortunately I haven't heard too much about the SAS but most people here tend to think they're awesome. Then again this site has a pretty big population of English people and Americans who romanticize European policies and culture so I don't know if that's biased or not.

I would guess Israel from what I know.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
All the special forces are will trained, but the SAS wins, they were started during WW2 and all special forces units are modeled on them.

More badass than the SAS are 14 Int,(The Det) which had SAS forces trained in undercover surveillance operations against members of the IRA and other splinter groups in Ireland on the terrorists home ground. That is tough, especially as the IRA will take pleasure in torturing and murdering a stranger, let alone an undercover SAS operator.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
CannibalCorpses said:
Didn't the Navy seals kill a hostage in Afghanistan by using frag grenades before entry? Good tactic lol.
Exactly, if you know the hostage is somewhere in the building, but you dont know where, then you dont use grenades to clear rooms. Thats just dumb. Why not use flash grenades? Or use your training and skill to charge into rooms?

The Navy Seals are well trained like all american special forces. But they dont have much real action experience, and America doesnt like sending them in to battle. With the SAS, the British send them in when ever they can. During the gulf war, the head of UK military had to fight the USA to get the SAS on the ground behind enemy lines.