Poll: Who here prefers Video Games to Sex?

gazumped

Dec 1, 2010
SckizoBoy said:
lisadagz said:
A couple of my boyfriends seemed more interested in their computer games when I was wiggling my naked butt at them from the bedroom *grumblegrumble*amIreallythatunattractive*grumble*.
Maybe they were playing Halo and copping an eyeful of Cortana's arse... -_- Or ME2 and Miranda Lawson... too much sculpted arse in modern games! =P
That would be a theory. Except that one of the main games that kept my last boyfriend distracted was... Minecraft.

Maybe he has a thing for cubic Creeper butts, I dunno...

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Eh, I think that games and sex are too different to compare. It's like comparing reading a fantastic book with going on a freaking awesome roller coaster.

No, I do not last as long as the length of a roller coaster.

But seriously, as far as dopamine goes, sex wins in everything except "playing with friends in a social setting." As far as playing by myself goes compared to sexy time? Sex wins every time. Even bringing friends into account (NO NOT LIKE THAT), I'd prefer a nice, romantic night of humping than a few hours playing a video game, even a great one, if forced to choose between the two.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
This has made my day. Good job sir, good job. I would put up some gif of clapping but I'm too lazy to hunt one down.
Anyway on the topic, well, I hate to say it, but I have no frame of reference for the question.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
I chose video games because I've yet to have any experience in the other field.

[sub]Maybe one day...[/sub]

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
disgruntledgamer said:
If you need to to chose between the two you're doing it wrong

lisadagz said:
A couple of my boyfriends seemed more interested in their computer games when I was wiggling my naked butt at them from the bedroom *grumblegrumble*amIreallythatunattractive*grumble*.
Try wiggling in front of the screen next time. I'm sure they'll get the hint! ...If not, just jump his bones!!! ;O)

Towels said:
Why choose one when you can have both?
"New, for Kinect/PS Move(TM)".....(!!!) [sub]Oh. so. many. unwanted images in my head right now....[/sub]

Choosing gaming over sex? No. Just no.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
I'm amazing in at least one of the two.

I might consider choosing sex if I could ever hold a relationship long enough to get past the awkward stage (everybody goes through that, right? Right? ...no? Just me then), but as it is, I can't imagine anything more stressful. To me it feels like doing an exam which you haven't prepared for but can't afford to fail, all the while being naked and sweating. The results so far have been passable at best. I'm not going to pick games just yet either though, because I'm an optimist. So I vote Squirtle.

Bitcoon

May 16, 2012
Zhukov said:
You'll no doubt deny that you've just been having crappy sex, so I shall have to assume that you've been playing games more amazing than I could ever hope to imagine. Care to name a few of them?

If I had to give up one of the two it would definitely be games. I'd be sorry to see them go, but it would hardly be a tough decision. (Besides, I could get back to them when I get old and my dangly bits stop working.)

Call me crazy, but shooting Russian #775939 or demonstrating my statistical superiority to Orc #295744 really just can't compete to lovingly fulfilling one of the most powerful hardwired biological urges I possess.

There are other hobbies out there, but there's only one way to scratch the ultimate itch.
Strange you'd say that. Every time I have sex blends into every other. It's all fairly.. similar. As nice as the feeling can be (I'm the wrong one to ask perhaps, because I don't actually enjoy sex more than solo efforts) sexual acts simply can't come close to the variety of things you can enjoy through gaming.

You can immerse yourself in a believable world, realistic or fantastic. You can exert your superiority in tactics or twitch combat or a combination of the two against human or computer opponents. You can overcome immense challenges or just enjoy yourself in a variety of ways. You can interact with other players or just engage yourself in a meaningful and fulfilling story.

never has sex left me feeling like a changed person. Sex couldn't change me the way games like Chrono Trigger, Shadow of the Colossus, Spec Ops: The Line and others have touched some... it's a simple quick fix, an enjoyable but ultimately meaningless and short-term bit of enjoyment, not something that can be as deep and meaningful as video games.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Bitcoon said:
Strange you'd say that. Every time I have sex blends into every other. It's all fairly.. similar.
I thought that said "bleeds" at first to which was going to say holy shit you should get that checked out
[quote/]
never has sex left me feeling like a changed person. Sex couldn't change me the way games like Chrono Trigger, Shadow of the Colossus, Spec Ops: The Line and others have touched some... it's a simple quick fix, an enjoyable but ultimately meaningless and short-term bit of enjoyment, not something that can be as deep and meaningful as video games.[/quote]
mabye you just havn't found the "right" person (you know the lovey dovey "deeP" relationship type thing) also I don't see how solo efforts can be as good as the real thing

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I haven't had sex in about four years (Skin-flute hero doesn't count), and I have put a moratorium on video games for right now (I just have no drive to do either, really).

Can't I just read a book? I'm not really feeling it towards either, to be honest.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Seeing as how I am still a virgin and I most likely will still be one till the day I die. I will choose to keep video games since that is the only choice I have at my disposal.

mgirl

Mar 29, 2011
Akytalusia said:
games are much better. cleaner. no emotional baggage. no commitment. you can play whatever you want. you can play as long as you want, and stop whenever you're satisfied.
Friends with benefits arrangement solves quite a few of those issues.

I voted for sex, because its fun. Not necessarily 'more fun' than gaming, its a different kind of fun.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Really depends on the time of year. Some times, I feel like I'd rather play games and my partner be sadpanda, even though it's a crime to do so. Other times though, my Web-history gets clogged with things my Mother could never imagine, even if I do have a willing partner. (It's for when that person isn't around, of course.)

As for the hours and hours on a binge like you can with games, It's doable on the other side of the fence, but you need to be with someone you trust... A lot. Plenty can go wrong.

The_Scrivener

Nov 4, 2012
lisadagz said:

And okay, it does depend on the person and the situation, and when I've been in not-so-great relationships (I've never been in an actually crap relationship, just ones that weren't going so great) I've just flat out not wanted sex (... with my partner, at least), but overall sex is probably the most important thing in my life. I mean, I'm seriously considering going back on hormonal contraceptives which have already almost killed me by contributing to me getting a pulmonary embolism earlier this year just to improve my sex life.

That's right, sex is arguably more important to me than living, let alone computer games.
What a trooper.

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
Considering sex causes me physical pain and gaming doesn't, this choice would be pretty easy for me.

Not saying I'd enjoy making the choice, though, since I do like feeling close to my SO.

Seives-Sliver

Jun 25, 2008
While being able to do both would be awesome, and at the same time would be even better, I would have to choose games over sex. It's mostly because my sex life has been rather bland, and really sex seems more like an obligation rather than a treat to me. It's like...If you had to play games as a job, eventually you'd get sick of it, and you'd just go through the motions, that's what sex is for me, it'd be my obligation to my partner to have sex with them to 'bond' with them, rather than to actually do it for the sake of fun.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I'm a virgin, but from what I know of sex (those frequent lessons passed on to me from my right hand), I'll stick with video games. :/

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Nah - at the rate things are going most games won't last longer than the average sex sesh anyway.

Salad Is Murder

Oct 27, 2007
I don't know if you're going to get meaningful data with just the two options presented.

For example:

If given a choice at any random time whether I would prefer to play a video game or have sex (we're assuming with someone we're in that kind of relationship with, like my husband; not just any weirdo...MY weirdo) I would rather have sex.

But given that I can't always do that, video games can certainly fill the...oh jeez, I think I just set up a few hundred innuendos about what can fill what, gaps, voids, etc., ugh...leisure time between. And to his credit, he has never passed up sex (with me, at least) for video games.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Games. I can play games with dozens of people for hours on end without being tired at the end of it. Name one person who can have sex like that. Also I don't have to go out and find someone if I want to play a game.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Depends who you're with. If they're no good, sex can be on par. But when they're good, I mean, dang.