Poll: Who here prefers Video Games to Sex?

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
MrPeanut said:
...Why does the escapist place such a high value on sex? I've seen it on a couple of threads now.

I just don't understand.
My personal guess is that people here, like everywhere else just need to say how much they're getting laid "as opposed to you losers". Being a sex fiend, after all, makes you insta-win at life and all.

Hey, sex is important, I'm not gonna deny that, but people really should quit obsessing about it. Oh, and quality over quantity. If you want a quantity of orgasms, just buy some toys, it's cheaper and less of a hassle.

Fluffythepoo

Sep 29, 2011
In the event of a choice sex would win, but sex is usually followed by video games the choice is more which order will you do these things in instead of which one will you do. And videogames are more enjoyable followed by sex than sex is followed by videos games

L34dP1LL

Mar 6, 2010
BloatedGuppy said:
It depends on what I'm in the mood for. When I'm really horny, sex seems to take priority over everything. When I'm not particularly horny, I far prefer gaming.

Unlike Zhukov, if I had to give up one forever, I'd likely choose sex. I'm not getting any younger, and I have a hard time imagining sex continuing to improve as the years go by, whereas my enjoyment of gaming remains relatively unchanged from when I was young. However, given my druthers, I would give up neither.

heh, ninja'd with the little girl.

OT:I think i can say that the two of 'em are pretty balanced. Unless there's lacy lingerie. Then I lose myself.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009

I love video games, spend most of my free time on them in fact. BUT... I will rarely ever turn down the opportunity for bedroom games, should my fiancee oblige. Usually it works out that we're in the middle of playing a game, competition gets adrenaline going, and suddenly score isn't based on kills or laps won. Insert Perverted Mr. Bean face here.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
MrPeanut said:
...Why does our culture place such a high value on sex? I've seen it on every media source I've ever come across.

I just don't understand.
The correction to your statement sums up anything I could possibly say.

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
Can't do both at the same time, at least not properly.

Anyway definitely sex, you see it's not just sex but human interaction. I like romance but also domination and sadism, so there's a mental component that keeps it interesting. There's only so far you can take that with games, games are only really useful for passing spare time. I actually have a rule that if there is an outside activity I'll go do it instead.

For the people choosing sex over video games or even claiming that both are equal... it's pretty sad. Most positive social interactions are better than gaming.

For example movies with friends, dinner with friends, team recreational sports activities. My girlfriend and I have been going out for a few years now and I still stop gaming and hang with her whenever she gets home (if she's in a bad mood and wants to be left alone, then that's when I game).

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
Probably games. I think sex is overrated, and really I'd probably be okay going without it for a long time if all my friends didn't expect me to go out and get laid as much as I can.

Of course, if its been a really long time, then sex. Cus, y'know, I take it when I can get it.

EDIT: Actually, If I was playing games and was offered sex, I'd go have sex. It's just all the effort of getting to that stage that bores me.

Divine Miss Bee

Feb 16, 2010
Vegosiux said:
Divine Miss Bee said:
as of this post, 79 escapists have never had great sex. my sympathies.

i love games, a lot. gaming is the only hobby i've kept up for over 15 years. but i still pick sex every time.
I'm not sure I understand, this post seems written with the tone that we should be in awe of your sex life and/or feeling sorry/bad in case ours aren't as awesome as yours is, but you never actually said it straight...

0.o

But uh yeah, my real answer to the OP's question is higher up in the thread.
wow, where do you get that? i'm quite curious. the only tone i had in mind was the tone of "if you're picking pixels over human interaction, you are having bad interactions."

there is no video game that has brought me to orgasm, so i pick sex. if video games are enough for you, that's fine. but i really want to know what you're playing!

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Rose and Thorn said:
I don't get frustrated or grumpy if I don't have sex, does that make me odd?
Nope. Not at all.

OT: Of the two? Sex. I can just as easily scratch the videogame itch by reading books or doing puzzles or somesuch. But as every second person on this thread have said, why not both?

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
JEBWrench said:
RobfromtheGulag said:
Spinozaad said:
Sex.

Games are fun, but sex is better. The graphics, the gameplay, the whole experience.
Graphics depend on your rig.
So does the sex.
Oh god I couldn't stop laughing. +1
MrPeanut said:
...Why does the escapist place such a high value on sex? I've seen it on a couple of threads now.

I just don't understand.
Biological urges and so forth.

Other people don't have your priorities? For shame!

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Divine Miss Bee said:
wow, where do you get that? i'm quite curious. the only tone i had in mind was the tone of "if you're picking pixels over human interaction, you are having bad interactions."
I'm quite cynical, you see. And the notion of telling people "You're missing out" or assuming they never had good sex is kind of, well, it comes across as either patronizing or condescending. To you, great sex is the best thing in life, to other people, it might not be. There's 7 billion of us out here, after all; not everyone shares your set or priorities, nor should they.

Now, um, do believe it when I tell you I'm actually not trying to antagonize you here or anything.

there is no video game that has brought me to orgasm, so i pick sex. if video games are enough for you, that's fine. but i really want to know what you're playing!
Ummm, you haven't actually read my answer then, have you? It's higher up on the same page as the reply you quoted.

It could be summed in one sentence maybe as "Sex is nice, but I'm not always in the mood, and I can't be bothered to go fishing for it when I'm single, either." Or maybe summed up in a word... "Depends."

Zeldias

Oct 5, 2011
Depends. Sex is awesome, but I'm more likely to play a game all day than I am to have sex all day.

It's ultimately just about how I feel. But I play a good deal of games with my girlfriend, so we can go from SF: 3rd Strike to the bedroom pretty smoothly.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
I got through puberty without sex, I don't know how I'd do it without video games.

..okay, okay, bad joke. Honestly, it depends on my mood, as well as how much of either I've had recently.

6unn3r

Aug 12, 2008
Perhaps if i had a girlriend right now i would have somthing to do other than play games, go to work, yadda yadda, etc etc....at least games arnt as complex as trying to get said girlfriend (or if you're so inclined, boyfriend), and hey games at least dont get all pissy with you and not talk to you for...well...no reason what-so-ever than i can fathom.

Im sure many people can list more pros and cons than i can right now but i have not got the inclination to do so.

Im too busy playing games.

AsurasEyes

Sep 12, 2012
Sex has the clunkiest controls and lackluster visuals. The skyboxes are rarely pretty, it's dark, it's repetitive, and it usually ends with the person I'm with crying on the pillow next to me due to sheer disappointment. Or maybe I've just been watching too much Louie C.K.....

I wouldn't let my girlfriend go unpleasured for video games, but once I'm done I think I can skip the whole pillow talk cinematic and go back to whatever I'm playing.

...I actually remember once I got head while I was playing Halo: Reach. I did well in that match, amazingly.