Poll: Who IS buying the Xbox One?

Automaton539

Jun 12, 2013
Peps said:
If you can't trust people who work in the industry, actually know their stuff, have zero reason to lie, and provide a solid thread of logic, well, you have issues.
Ok... I know this is from a few days ago, but I just have to weigh in on that one... Why exactly do devs/microsoft/punlishers have no reason to lie about used games? If they completely get rid of used games then people HAVE to buy new, thus putting more money in their pockets. Why exactly would you not have reason to lie if it would mean more money in their pockets, since they're in the business of making money. If they weren't then they wouldn't keep pushing out unfinished games in a year or less to make extra revenue? They would take the time to make sure the finished product is at it's best, not feeling like it still needs finishing.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
Nope. Too much consumer-unfriendliness thrown around, and I won't have the stable internet connection required. Also, I don't have room for the damn thing.

xDarc

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
BreakfastMan said:
xDarc said:
You know xDarc? I never agree with anything I have ever seen you post.
Well if I were a villain in a movie, this is where I'd give you the "We're not so different, you and I..." speech.

Winterfel

Feb 9, 2011
I won't be getting it simply because they way Microsoft has been acting the past 6 months.
They clearly don't want me as their customer so I'll be going to their competitors that actually treats me as a customer, not an obstacle.
The very same day they told me to "deal with it" I placed an order for my Wii U.
When they then decided to give europe the finger for the 1234325th time I decided that it was time to buy a Vita.
Then they decided that it was for the best to not clarify anything at all and just let the shitstorm get as bad as it could get, so I picked up a 3DS.
Now they've decided on a price, so I took the time to place a pre-order for a PS4.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
What are the odds that Xbox will get 10 games I want that don't have PC releases? If it does, it will probably hit the 10th around the end of the console's lifecycle.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
Able Seacat said:
OT: I will not be buying an Xbox One as it currently stands because I don't want to support the restrictions it implements.
Wow... someone who was able to state their opinion logically and briefly.

I agree with the CliffyB arguments about the topic, but I really respect you for not being one of the "If you buy the XBox One you are ruining gaming." psychopaths.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
They don't really have any exclusives i'm looking forward to. Even my 360 mostly collects dust and is only there for some of my single player games i bought on it, like Bayonetta.

Trillovinum

Dec 15, 2010
I won't be buying one.
Just the fact that it has to check in every 24hours or you won't be able to play games does it in for me...
for practical reasons I know that I'm bound to miss one of those damn check-ins and get locked out.
All the other features may be great but for that reason alone I won't be getting it.
(Plus I'd also like to make a stand against that kind of idiotic ideas popping up in the future. To what end I can proudly proclaim I have never, not once, bought a game or console with an 'always on' requirement. (with maybe the exception of Guild Wars 2, the only MMO I've purchaced))

Aside from all that there's also the financial aspect of the matter. I just don't have the money to spend on another console just yet. So I won't be buying a PS4 either. Maybe at a later date...a MUCH later date.

jackpipsam

SEGA fanboy
Jun 2, 2009
I am thinking about it.

I don't trust Sony based upon past history (Playstation and SOE).

The Wii U looks like something I might be interested in, but I am waiting for a price drop (or new Zelda).

To be honest, chances are I will end buying an Xbox One.
I have am connected to the internet 99.9% of the time and when it's down it has never been for 24 hours.
I always buy new and I don't really swap or trade games.
If I go over someone elses house with a game (very rare), I will always log in.

The lack of backwards capability is seriously my major issue with the system and that's why I won't be getting a PS4.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
You should have put a 'NO' option in the poll. It would be interesting to see the difference between YES and NO votes.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
SpunkeyMonkey said:
149 people from 14338 views so far.

Just over 1% of views.

To say that's on a gaming forum where the clientele are largely interested in games, that's a really, really poor return. I know not every view will be from a different person, but still Microsoft need to be worried about figures anywhere near that mark. It might not be a true reflection of the market, but it shows a very worrying trend for them.

Still, the 360's always there aint it MS? No way would we dream of buying a PS4 or Nintendo lol
Even 149/14338 is far too high I would think

Jesse Billingsley

Mar 21, 2011
Not me. I need a system that plays games, plus, there have been a lot of titles out that look great but are only available on the PS3 (Last of Us and Journey for example). So I think I'm going to start drifting towards Sony.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
There's quite litterally no one I know that's getting one. Almost everyone I know that wanted one can't have one due to the internet around here being more that slightly spotty. So that's about 10 customers that won't be getting one.

I think a guy I work with is going to get one to see if it's as bad as the rumors say. Said he's gonna get one game play it then disconnect the system for 2 days and try to play the game again. If he can't he said he'll take it back or pawn it.

lewisra776

Jun 17, 2013
I've been an xbox fan since the original and still am to this day but as they say all good things must come to an end and Xbone, I'm sorry to say, this looks like the end. The only reason I would even consider getting an Xbone would be for some of the xbox exclusives but at this point I don't even think a new Halo with dragons, ferraris and copious amounts of titties could keep me around. PS4 I hope you dont let me down.

Christyr Belacqua

Jul 15, 2012
You know, it would have been nice to include a second option for 'No'. I was genuinely interested to see how many people said yes or no...

TomWiley

Jul 20, 2012
Their supposed DRM isn't as restrictive as it once seemed, Kinect can be turned off and the ability to digitally share games with friends seems pretty neat.

Besides, it seems to have more exclusives than Sony's box; TitanFall looks like a lot of fun, and I'm a massive Forza fan, and most of the interesting games shown at Sony's conference are multiplatform. So yeah, might give it a chance if it gets enough interesting titles.